Getting an invitation takes way too long

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 111 comments
How is the invitation frequency out there these days? I had one recently, the first one in over a month, but sadly it was for the Bugatti which I already got early on in the game.
At this rate it'll take me more than 7 months to get all invitation cars, which is silly.

Bump... ;)

I have all cars, except for 1 in the lcd (witch i will buy asap when it comes back) and 4 invite only cars (the 2 astons, the pagani and the citroen) witch i will probably never buy because of this POS random roullette system that will not give me an invite for a month and when it finally does, its for cars I already bought (happened 3x in a row now). Damn, PD is annoying.

I have all cars, except for 1 in the lcd (witch i will buy asap when it comes back) and 4 invite only cars (the 2 astons, the pagani and the citroen) witch i will probably never buy because of this POS random roullette system that will not give me an invite for a month and when it finally does, its for cars I already bought (happened 3x in a row now). Damn, PD is annoying.
I got an invite from Citroen today from a four star ticket. I'd gift it to ya instantly if we only could ...

:gtpflag:

I got a whole bunch all together a few weeks back, been gradually working my way through. Aston, Citreon, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche & Bugatti. Been an expensive month.

I don’t think any of the invitation cars are anything to write home about. I have all of them and none of them are particular favourites. Some are absolute pigs to drive

I got an invite from Citroen today from a four star ticket. I'd gift it to ya instantly if we only could ...

:gtpflag:
And I would have given you 5M for it
I had 2 times Ferrari, Bugatti and 4 times Lamborghini always for the same cars...thats an useless function...
Absolutely. Makes no sense. Last 3 I got was 1 ferrari and 2 lamborghini, all repeats. They should have increased the probability to get invites for cars a player doesnt have.
Or better: once in a while, allow players to buy the invite only cars for a limited period of time without need for invites. Like a sale
Or even better: take this system out of the game completely

I don’t think any of the invitation cars are anything to write home about. I have all of them and none of them are particular favourites. Some are absolute pigs to drive
Veneno, enzo, veyron and carrera gt are great farm cars for tokyo

The day may come when I will be worried about invitations, but it's not today. Today I grind for legendary cars, which is my number 1 priority.

Not exactly...
Excited yeasterday because of a 5 star roulette, from Daily Workout, come on, a 5 F star... just to get a Porsche invite for the Carrera GT I already bought with my very first invite, I recall perfectly, I just waited for Menu 39, as it was one of the options of prize car, got awarded a Huayra, in the next moment bought the Carrera GT. So a 5 star roulette for nothing...

Invitations shouldn't even exist or be awarded on merit (like 20 career mode wins on italian cars would get you an Invitation to buy a Ferrari Enzo, stuff like that)

Not exactly...
Excited yeasterday because of a 5 star roulette, from Daily Workout, come on, a 5 F star... just to get a Porsche invite for the Carrera GT I already bought with my very first invite, I recall perfectly, I just waited for Menu 39, as it was one of the options of prize car, got awarded a Huayra, in the next moment bought the Carrera GT. So a 5 star roulette for nothing...

Invitations shouldn't even exist or be awarded on merit (like 20 career mode wins on italian cars would get you an Invitation to buy a Ferrari Enzo, stuff like that)
Agreed

most of the mechanics in this iteration of GT are a dismal failure. By far the worst GT ever made. This will easily go down as the most embarrassing entry in the franchise.
Have to disagree. Yes, the game design isn’t great. Shallow single-player compared to previous games, the roulette, lobby issues, the economy isn’t great (alleviated by grinding but multiple high paying races would be better).

But the actual driving is the best it’s ever been. There’s more detail and realism in the physics, and the feedback on the DualSense is wonderful. Cars are really enjoyable to drive and overall it’s just lacking depth, in my opinion. Depth for the single player and stability for the online.

That, and better AI. But that’s not a GT7 specific thing, it’s been bad since its inception (though PS1 is excusable because of the hardware).

I’d rather play GT7 than any other GT. I can make my own events with custom race - sure, the depth of GT4 is great and I really enjoy the older games, but the gameplay in 7 is more enjoyable than any other GT, in my opinion.

Last edited:
The mechanic is fine, it just works badly.

Like for a real Ferrari, you need to show ownership of other Ferraris to be invited to buy a new one.

Do it like that. If I buy 3 or 4 Ferraris, invite me to buy one of the top end ones.
That’s a good idea, but what should they do with Pagani or Bugatti?

most of the mechanics in this iteration of GT are a dismal failure. By far the worst GT ever made. This will easily go down as the most embarrassing entry in the franchise.
All this garbage in this dragged down a great game where the actual driving is fun. It’s just crazy how fast the complaints fell off when PD apologized months ago and they have still barely done anything but trickle out content and patch grinding methods.

The economy and horrible design choices like roulettes are still awful. They did stuff like giving early players all the invites due to a bug and a million credits from the server issues near release. People rushed to exploit a bug for all the engine swaps that you can only get from these god awful roulettes. You can’t grind with the Tomahawk anymore for crazy money.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the invitation system has changed in patches 1.25/1.26?

I started playing last month and have the following:

• Pagani (Huayra)
  • Aston Martin (One-77 & Vulcan)
  • Ferrari (LaFerrari, Enzo Ferrari & FXX K)
  • Bugatti (Veyron 16.4)

I’ve been waiting with no luck for ”Invites” from Porsche, Lamborghini & Citröen, However I just received another Invitation for Aston Martin again even though I bought both of their Invite cars from just the last update. Is there ANYTHING I can do with this invitation to make it more worthwhile or valuable?

It feels very unfortunate, do they take any information into account before rewarding invitations? I could understand if they sent a 2nd round of invites from the same manufacturer if during the last one we didn’t/weren’t able to purchase those cars. I’m sure in those situations the gesture would be much appreciated, especially if there was a time when the Invitations expired faster than they do now.

I see that older posts say it can take a very long time to get all the invites… Is that still true and if so, how long are we talking about nowadays?

Thanks for any info in advance,
Bob

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the invitation system has changed in patches 1.25/1.26?

I started playing last month and have the following:

• Pagani (Huayra)
  • Aston Martin (One-77 & Vulcan)
  • Ferrari (LaFerrari, Enzo Ferrari & FXX K)
  • Bugatti (Veyron 16.4)

I’ve been waiting with no luck for ”Invites” from Porsche, Lamborghini & Citröen, However I just received another Invitation for Aston Martin again even though I bought both of their Invite cars from just the last update. Is there ANYTHING I can do with this invitation to make it more worthwhile or valuable?

It feels very unfortunate, do they take any information into account before rewarding invitations? I could understand if they sent a 2nd round of invites from the same manufacturer if during the last one we didn’t/weren’t able to purchase those cars. I’m sure in those situations the gesture would be much appreciated, especially if there was a time when the Invitations expired faster than they do now.

I see that older posts say it can take a very long time to get all the invites… Is that still true and if so, how long are we talking about nowadays?

Thanks for any info in advance,
Bob
No idea if they changed anything. I got a few at the start because of the menu books iirc, but then it got very bad, very rarely I got an invite.

My tip for you is to grind like crazy and buy the cars you want because invitations are hard to come by normally. It could take a year or more to get the one you want.

I want to drive an Enzo Ferrari in GT7, but I can't. Why? I don't have an invitation. Since playing this game from Launch Day, the only invitation I was given was the free handouts PoDi themselves had to give out to make up for some kind of outage, and I only had a single free day to play the game at the time, so I only managed to buy a Veyron and a Huayra.

It's not like I can't afford the car. I have 30 million Credits sitting in my account from Circuit Experience, namely because I'm waiting for the days-long cycle of cars I want popping in on the LCD, the UCD, or (hopefully) getting an Invitation to buy the ones I want from Brand Central, but apart from the free handouts from PoDi, not a single one since.

I mean...if I wanted to drive the car in other GT games, here's what you'd do:

Gran Turismo 5
  1. Reach A/B-Spec Level 15
  2. Acquire 1,000,000 Cr.
  3. Buy car
  4. Drive it
Gran Turismo 6
  1. Acquire 1,000,000 Cr.
  2. Buy car
  3. Drive it
Or ALTERNATIVELY...
  1. Get all the stars in International A's events
  2. Get car as a reward for free
  3. Drive it
Gran Turismo Sport
  1. Acquire 1,000,000 Cr.
  2. Buy car
  3. Drive it

...and now finally Gran Turismo 7
  1. Drive about ~30 miles to complete Daily Workout
  2. Redeem your Daily Workout x-Star ticket in hopes of getting an Invitation (specifically for Ferrari because it's one invitation per brand)
  3. If Ferrari invitation was not given, wait until the next day and repeat Steps 1 and 2

Steps 1-3 do not have an estimated time frame due to how skewed the chances of pulling an Invitation from a Daily Workout are (in my case it has been months)

4. If Ferrari invitation was successfully obtained, acquire 2,500,000 Cr.
  5. Buy car (before that Invitation expires!)
  6. Drive it

The difference between GT7 compared to the rest of the aforementioned games is that I can figure a well-balanced timeframe before I can drive said car, whereas in GT7 it's literally tied down to chance. I may never pull an Invitation, specifically a Ferrari one, so I may never be able to drive an Enzo Ferrari in GT7.

I remember something being said by Kazunori or PoDi as a whole that this whole system is meant to emphasize "the real value behind these cars" or something to that effect (someone correct me if I'm wrong) when all it's doing for me is sympathizing about what else I can be doing with my time, perhaps other games to play that'll allow me to drive the cars I want without some overly padded drawing system attached to them.

Last edited:
I can't remember getting any invites recently. I got them all when the extra menu glitch allowed us to get lots of tickets, but it took me hundreds of tickets to get them all. I'm not sure I've had a single invite since that glitch was fixed.

Did anyone else besides me go and buy every invitational car a few months back when PD issued some sort of apology or whatever? It was glorious :lol:

Jerome

Did anyone else besides me go and buy every invitational car a few months back when PD issued some sort of apology or whatever? It was glorious :lol:

Jerome
I racked up a thousand miles or so with the Tomahawk X at Tokyo to get all the invitational cars before they expired, glad I did because getting invites for what you want still hasn’t happened for some people, IIRC. Now I dislike getting them in my tickets because they’re of no use to me. I wish I could trade invites for either credits or to someone else who could use them.

Last edited:
I think the invitation system is a bit silly - RNG (getting an invitation for any brand from a 4 star ticket) upon RNG (getting an invitation for a specific brand).

Then PD decides to add an invite only car in Extra Menu No. 29. It’s bad enough sometimes waiting months for a car to appear in Legend but at least I know it will eventually appear. Since the Porsche Carrera GT ‘04 wasn’t my random prize car for completing Menu No. 39, it’s possible with the RNG^2 situation that I may never be able to complete this extra menu item unless they eventually decide to add the Porsche Carrera GT ‘04 as a specific (not random) prize car.

I think the invitation system is a bit silly - RNG (getting an invitation for any brand from a 4 star ticket) upon RNG (getting an invitation for a specific brand).

Then PD decides to add an invite only car in Extra Menu No. 29. It’s bad enough sometimes waiting months for a car to appear in Legend but at least I know it will eventually appear. Since the Porsche Carrera GT ‘04 wasn’t my random prize car for completing Menu No. 39, it’s possible with the RNG^2 situation that I may never be able to complete this extra menu item unless they eventually decide to add the Porsche Carrera GT ‘04 as a specific (not random) prize car.
It's not the only Extra Menu which requires an invitation car either, there is a Bugatti which I've never received an invitation for. :(

Having said that, the rewards for a lot of these Extra Menus is a 6* engine ticket... And since I can buy any engine I like, it's an entirely pointless reward for me. I know the invitation will come eventually and I will buy the car for the sake of completion but I'm not especially bothered that I have to wait. If they changed the reward to a generic 6* ticket then we're cooking.

Latest Posts

Back