Getting credits... is... annoyingly... painful...

• Thread starter Odyofil
  • 68 comments
Turkey
Turkey
odyofil
Okay, i understand the 'no pain no gain' , more effort for the high prized cars thing.
But i dont remember any gran turismo game that was so hard to get higher prized cars.

We got now , i dont know... maybe 4-5 20Million cars, and some 1m cars?
How they think we gonna get those cars? All those licence tests gives a little bit credit for mid prized cars. not for higher ones.
The GT League is a joke, prizes are way too low.
Come on, it's 2018, people got lot a work to do.
I'm not a japanese guy who sits 7/24 front of tv to get credits. I can not give 1000+ hours to get crocodile jaguar car.
I understand that some cars in game must be hard to get. But i dont think it should be this hard.
Really.

Last edited:
The Premium Sports race at Blue Moon Bay gets you an easy 250-300k credits in 12 or 13 minutes with for example the McLaren F1. Yes it's boring so I only do 2 or 3 goes at a time but you earn best part of 1m for 3 goes.

Plus you get given cars for everything. Every single circuit experience gives you a car for getting Gold. Etc.

I don't have every car yet, only have 200 cars, but I've never had to grind much either.

The only expensive cars are the two 20m "unicorns", the Veneno (which you get given to you free with silver in the Licence Tests anyway!), the Vulcan and the Countach.

Everything else can be obtained by 30 minutes at Blue Moon Bay or even you might get it free if lucky through the daily awards.

Of all the Gran Turismo games this feels like the easiest to collect them all (except for the 2 unicorns which are in my opinion legitimate complaints)

VBR
I think I'll stick with P CARS & AC; all cars available at the start. Could never go back to mindless grinding in a GT game ever again now.
GT games are always going to make you do a bit of grinding, and there is nothing wrong doing that. The only problem is having cars in a game that is worth 20 million credits, now that is a bit stupid.

Last edited:
I worked out(for me), it pays to do 10 minute(Endurance setting) races in Custom. Averages about 36-38k per race(Professional AI). If I do a straight 50 minute race, I get less than doing 5 separate races. 440k for the 1hour long Gr.3 race in Campaign. Winning one of those and winning a 10 minute race, gives a little over 500k per day.

I've come over from PC2, AC and F7. I prefer all content available at the start, but I don't compare the games anymore. GTS is what it is. I know what cars the game has and it helps knowing the cars i want. Guess I don't get sucked in to wanting to spend 20mil on one car, like I used to. I've sold my Gift cars. Bought and Sold multiple Gr.3 & Gr.4 cars. i've done it in past GTs. So, no biggie(to me).

Oh, I only own 5 cars, 2 of them being road cars I just bought as well as 2 Safety cars:

S-FR
S-FR racing
M6 GT3
M4 Gr.4
M4 Coupe

I don't count these as "owning" them. Just photo op cars:
AMG Sfaety Car
M4 Safety Car

Last edited:
Okay, i understand the 'no pain no gain' , more effort for the high prized cars thing.
But i dont remember any gran turismo game that was so hard to get higher prized cars.

We got now , i dont know... maybe 4-5 20Million cars, and some 1m cars?
How they think we gonna get those cars? All those licence tests gives a little bit credit for mid prized cars. not for higher ones.
The GT League is a joke, prizes are way too low.
I'm not a japanese guy who sits 7/24 front of tv to get credits. I can not give 1000+ hours to get crocodile jaguar car.
I understand that some cars in game must be hard to get. But i dont think it should be this hard.
Really.
Damn... this is the most easy gran turismo ever (if you play it fair). Everyday a free car, all the group 4 and 3 cars are way too low in price. Only 2 20mil cars. There is a lack off events for money thats all.

VBR
I think I'll stick with P CARS & AC; all cars available at the start. Could never go back to mindless grinding in a GT game ever again now.
Yeah if you pay real money you’ll have all the cars Project Car.

Trying to do that in GT went over poorly.

Currently trying to grind my way to the Jaguar - luckily I won the Ferrari as a daily workout gift but I doubt I'll have the same luck with the Jaguar. Anyway, it is indeed a bit of a slow process to get the credits but I prefer playing sport mode, so every day before I start playing the daily races and after I finish them, I just spend 12-13 minutes doing Blue Moon Bay on GT League - it gets me 200/310k depending on if the race was clean or not - so if you do this and let's say you get 400k from two races (not clean because the AI can be really "competitive" some times and hit you) it will get you roughly 50 days to get that 20 000 000 (spending 25 minutes per day) and if you increase the number of races .. you can do the math :)

Blue Moon Bay + KTM X-Bow @N300 = at least 250k every 12-ish minutes. That is if you win, but don’t get the bonus for a clean race. So there’s more to earn from that

Same thing, even worse, on Assetto Corsa. Just look what Porsches you have available without purchasing any pack

For me the cash is not so much of a problem, I don't mind the low payouts and having to repeat races because I enjoy that
but I would like to see them give us slightly more and we most definetly need a review of the amounts as now there are the
two 20 million cars it's quite a lot to grind for if you don't get them as a daily prize.

Yet if you pay nothing, you already have more than 170 cars.

Same thing, even worse, on Assetto Corsa. Just look what Porsches you have available without purchasing any pack
Yet if you pay nothing, you already have more than 100 cars.

That's why I don't defend GTS's "free" DLC. When I have to play 20 hours to unlock a single car, it's not worth it anymore. GT's economy system has been flawed since GT5.

The economy is easily one of the worst aspects of GTS, nobody wants to spend hours grinding just to buy one car. We don’t even have login bonuses. Even with all the bonuses you can get after finishing a race (i.e. clean races, car handicap), you still aren’t making a crazy amount of money.

It’s a shame, honestly. PD should honestly look at lowering the prices of some of the cars, or at least changing the economy so it’s much easier to make money.

The economy is easily one of the worst aspects of GTS, nobody wants to spend hours grinding just to buy one car. We don’t even have login bonuses. Even with all the bonuses you can get after finishing a race (i.e. clean races, car handicap), you still aren’t making a crazy amount of money.

It’s a shame, honestly. PD should honestly look at lowering the prices of some of the cars, or at least changing the economy so it’s much easier to make money.
If PD lower the two 20 million credits cars to 7.5 million each, l think everybody will be :).

VBR
As much as I love GT Sport I agree with this so much. I want to pay for a game and sit down and be able to access what I want. I've said this before, but there's already a game where high end cars are very difficult to get..... it's called real life.

Really.
Really. Are you listening to yourself? You only have to do one or two races a day to get a free car. This is better than previous GTs where you had to buy them all and only got a few prize cars. This iteration is less about grinding than ever before, but sure if you want there’s that Blue Moon race.
Also, that Jaguar or any other expensive car, how much are you going to use it? I mean, the daily races use Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars most of the time. Same with open lobbies. Why not just be happy with what you get for free and one day you might get the Jag too? And before you know it you might have enough money for that Jag, and you can really feel the accomplishment of buying that car. Then using it twice and then you throw it away.

Yeah? A game with prize cars. You didn’t get cars just by driving like you do now :)
No, a game where you could earn 600,000Cr. in 10 minutes. A game where the most expensive cars were 4.5 million credits. And you didn't need to depend on countless hours of grinding or luck to drive what you wanted.

No, a game where you could earn 600,000Cr. in 10 minutes. A game where the most expensive cars were 4.5 million credits. And you didn't need to depend on countless hours of grinding or luck to drive what you wanted.
So you’re saying you didn’t grind the Costa di Amalfi races and sell the Toyota a good few times? You don’t have to do that in GT Sport. If you think carefully about if most people have all the cars they need, and sure if they want to BUY the Jag before getting it in the daily lottery good for them. :)

So you’re saying you didn’t grind the Costa di Amalfi races and sell the Toyota a good few times?
Actually I'm saying I did.
You don’t have to do that in GT Sport. If you think carefully about if most people have all the cars they need, and sure if they want to BUY the Jag before getting it in the daily lottery good for them. :)
The point is not having the cars they need, is having the cars they want.

People want to drive the Ferrari and the Jag. They can't because both cars are locked behind a flawed economy system and a 0.5% chance of getting them by being lucky. And that is not even for new cars, they were in GT5.

Is it wrong that people get angry because they can't use what has been advertised as free DLC?

completely agree, best regards.

Back