Ghost Rider

  • Thread starter Thread starter Flerbizky
  • 34 comments
  • 2,896 views
Spoiler Below, highlight to see if you wish:
It was a nice image, but pointless for the story.
 
Still not going to watch this one. Waiting for the DVD.

RE: Nic Cage: yes, the guy has his moments, but it's like casting Halle Berry as "Storm". Yes, she works, because she's a black woman (and didn't do bad in X3, when she finally got into the role), but she's obviously not the character... unsure, hesitant... not the Amazon Goddess that Storm is supposed to be. (More a Tina Turner... YOUNG Tina or Angela Bassett type character).
 
The wife and I saw it Sunday. It was entertaining and worth the afternoon away from the house and kids. Thought the fight scenes were too 'easy', but understand the need to spend more time on character building. I also though Cage looked healthier in this movie then in recent shows...., he didn't have that hung over, running on 2 hours of sleep look. And yes, Eva was easy to look at throughout the show.
 
I thought it was pretty terrible.

There were so many bits that were under developed.
 
RE: Nic Cage: yes, the guy has his moments, but it's like casting Halle Berry as "Storm". Yes, she works, because she's a black woman (and didn't do bad in X3, when she finally got into the role), but she's obviously not the character... unsure, hesitant... not the Amazon Goddess that Storm is supposed to be. (More a Tina Turner... YOUNG Tina or Angela Bassett type character).
Halle Berry actually threatened not to do X3 unless they made her character the powerful character she was supposed to be. She felt like she was playing a background character when she was supposed to be a weather god and co-leader of the X-Men. The reason why she didn't seem right for the role before X3, according to her, was that the role she ended up having in the first two movies was not the role she signed on for. In teh first two movies she had only one real fight scene and there she just struck Toad with lightning. X3 allowed her to take the leadership role and truly have a fight. If there are future movies I think Halle Berry can make the character her own and do well with it.

As for Nic Cage in Ghost Rider, he would have been well cast had he been more serious, but he wasn't. I even saw an interviw where he said that he wanted to add the comedy because horror needs some comedy to lighten it up. :confused:

The wife and I saw it Sunday. It was entertaining and worth the afternoon away from the house and kids. Thought the fight scenes were too 'easy', but understand the need to spend more time on character building.
Yeah, he was fighting demons for teh first time ever and it just came to him how to befeat them.
I also though Cage looked healthier in this movie then in recent shows...., he didn't have that hung over, running on 2 hours of sleep look. And yes, Eva was easy to look at throughout the show.
Which was odd. His character is paranoid about the devil chasing him and he can't sleep or think straight, but he looks great. As for his other movies where he can be a fun loving happy guy and look like someone just beat him.

I thought it was pretty terrible.

There were so many bits that were under developed.
I am glad to see I'm not the only one here that saw this. too many people have been talking about how great it is and I started to think maybe I had become to anal to properly enjoy fun movies.
 
Back