GhostRider65 Tuning Garage GT6 ( IN MEMORY OF TURNLEFT " Rest in peace " )

Ghostrider, I've used a number of your tunes now, leaving a few reviews, and I just wanted to say thank you! I honestly don't know how many of your tunes I've used, but I've yet to find one that I found not to my liking! So, thank you for taking the time to post your work, I really appreciate it!

Ghostrider, I've used a number of your tunes now, leaving a few reviews, and I just wanted to say thank you! I honestly don't know how many of your tunes I've used, but I've yet to find one that I found not to my liking! So, thank you for taking the time to post your work, I really appreciate it!

Thanks a lot Dom Sireci for post very flattering and encouraging :) !! It's really a pleasure to read that you like some of my cars !! I'm grateful to you to have tested so many cars :bowdown: but if you find any that are not good, feel free to let me know and i'll try to change the setting !!

In any case, I still thank you for this testimony of sympathy :cheers: !! Take some time to post some tunes is a true happiness if they can help you :gtpflag:👍 !!

Thanks again Dom !! Take care of you !! :bowdown:

Hello friends:

"Salut" GhostRider65. "Salut" Jeje6410 :) Thank you for your welcome, sometimes when you start to write in a thread, blog or forum, you don't know how to do it, and I prefer to be cautious with the forms and language.

Thank you for your encouragement words, sometimes I feel frustrated because I'm not being able to find a way to improve, and then I need to resort to GTPlanet to solve my "problems".

Yes, it is another way, but I think it is the easy way; I would prefer to practice, make changes, and prove, again and again… But I have no time and finally I use the easy and fast way: GTPlanet :lol:

Yes I know Mr. Praiano thread (unfortunately when I start to read it he announce he will close the thread), I know Mr. Hamilton thread, I "talked" with him several times last year, he gave me some valuable advices. I know his Tuning Guide, in fact I've read it, I can't say I know it by hearth, but yes, I've read it many times, and I've learned many things about mechanics. Now I know what I must do with a car if rear tire slides when I accelerate, or what to do when the front ones blocks when I brake… but all this works well when I start with one of their cars, or one of your cars. A car that only needs adaptation. Like you say, we need to smooth any of the tunes to adapt it to our driving style.

Ok, it is fantastic, you do "all the dirty job and I hang the gold medals"… I don't feel good, I don't like that way of proceeding. I would prefer to ask for help to improve my own way.

I would prefer to buy a car and improve it from scratch, knowing what I'm doing and why I'm doing it.

For example, and going back to my last message: How can I know the starting point on springs rate? Mr. Hamilton says in his guide that you can start on the first third part of the slide when you use comfort tires, on the middle part when you use sports and on the third part when you use racing ones.

Ok perfect, but when you have a slide that goes from 6 to 21, you have 6-11, 11-16 and 16-21 sections. Where must I start? Imagine a Racing car with racing tires… Must I start with 17 on front SR and 20 on rear SR? Why must I strengthen rear SR and soft front SR? Why not 19 front and 17 rear?

These are my questions and this is my frustration. I don't know where to start. The same with dumpers and ARBs…

Wow… excuse me I didn't like to write so much, but I don't know how to summary it.

Thank you for hear me; I will appreciate any kind of help.

ST70

HI ST70,

Thanks for all your valuable information, i can say that you were very clear !! You can count on me to try to explain, without giving you a headache :banghead: :crazy:, how to find solutions to your problem to start your future tunes :)👍 !!

I return to you in the coming days, it's promised !!

Best regards and take care of you ST70 !! :cheers:👍👍

Hello GR65, I've tried Nordschlief seasonal with your Delta's tune, and it goes really really good... I need a bit more practice to win the gold, but I'm on the right path :D

One question: Why RI tires and not wet ones? I think "wet tires" would be better to drain water.

Thank you,
ST70

Hi my friend,

I believe in you, you must be more flexible with the throttle, brake early to get out quickly and earn precious hundredths, here and there !!
About RI or Wet tires, i have a better feeling with RI tires because humidity varies on certain portions of a circuit and they offer a better compromise and it is also a matter of taste, sensation !! Rain tires offer better grip in the pouring rain but will lose their effectiveness if the track dries or become less humid !!
I think devote you some time next week to set your own cars !! :)👍

Take care of you !!

Best regards ST70 !!

GR65

Hello GR65,
Don't worry about me and my own settings, I'm anxious :drool:, but I'll be patient :gtpflag:. At the moment, I have enough to improve on Nordschleife :lol:

Thank you for your explication about tires. I'm binary :banghead: and I didn't think about "quantity" of water :dunce:.

Best regards.

ST70

Hi my friend,

I believe in you, you must be more flexible with the throttle, brake early to get out quickly and earn precious hundredths, here and there !!
About RI or Wet tires, i have a better feeling with RI tires because humidity varies on certain portions of a circuit and they offer a better compromise and it is also a matter of taste, sensation !! Rain tires offer better grip in the pouring rain but will lose their effectiveness if the track dries or become less humid !!
I think devote you some time next week to set your own cars !! :)👍

Take care of you !!

Best regards ST70 !!

GR65

Yeahhh, I've done it!!! :lol::lol::lol: Thank you very much.

This time, "I've done it"... with your help, like always 👍 but, this time I've gone a little farther and took the liberty of modify a little your tune and, maybe more adapted to my drive style, maybe easier opponents, maybe better driving. I've obtained gold.

Thank you again GR65 :bowdown:. It's nice to win but it's nicer to improve :cheers:

ST70

Hi ST70,

This is a very good news :cheers:👍 !! Read that you have handled this event with your own modifications is a pure pleasure my friend :)👍👍 !! I'm happy for you and your performances :bowdown: !! Good job and congratulations 👍 !!

Take care of you my friend ST70 ! !:gtpflag:👍

Hello GR65,

No, excuse me, I didn’t explain well myself.

I’ve used your tune but, like I needed to be between 1’5 and 2’5 seconds faster every attempt I did, I thought on make two changes to see if them worked. I detuned Engine to standard and include middle range turbo, and... I don’t know, like I told you, maybe weaker opponents, maybe more concentration, maybe the experience of 7 or 8 laps on Nordschliefe... the changes worked :lol:

But no, it isn’t “my own tune”, I’m far from that yet.

Like I obtained gold on my last three attempts, I'm trying to tune a Lotus Elise 111R, but I didn’t feel comfortable with it yet.

I still need your help :bowdown:

Anxious but patient, :gtpflag:

ST70

Hi ST70,

Now, i understand better your message about your changes 👍 !!

For my help, you can count on me !! I need to know, is this the Lotus 111R '04 or the Race Car ?? The PP and the type of tires !! From there, we will be able to adjust your car :)👍 !!

Keep me informed.

Best regards my friend :cheers:👍 !!

Hi GR65,

I’m trying this seasonal with the Elise 111R Race Car model and RI tires following your recommendations for races under rain... Like you know, the limit is 500pp.

Would it be possible you explain me, step by step, the modifications you make starting on the scratch?
Is “your scratch” the GT6 scratch, or do you use always another basis for your tunes?
What considreations do you follow to modified the car?
What would you consider if there would be no rain?
What would be the differences?

Thank you for your time and effort.

Best regards,

ST70

Hi ST70,

I will explain and answer your questions this Thursday or Friday because i will have more free time to you :)👍 !!

The ultimate setting does not exist, it will then set the car on the basis of its PP's, circuit ( wet track or not ), but we'll see this more in detail !!

See you soon my friend.

Best regards ST70 !! :cheers:

Hi ST70,

I will explain and answer your questions this Thursday or Friday because i will have more free time to you :)👍 !!

The ultimate setting does not exist, it will then set the car on the basis of its PP's, circuit ( wet track or not ), but we'll see this more in detail !!

See you soon my friend.

Best regards ST70 !! :cheers:

Ok, thank you. Only when you can, I don't like to disturb you.

One question out of this topic:
Do you think it was factible to win the actual seasonal on Nordschleife with Racing Medium tires (slicks) not Racing Intermediate wet ones?

Best regards GR65 :cheers:

:gtpflag:

Hi my friend,

I tested 3 types of tires ( Racing soft, intermediate and wet ) and for me in the rain, the best are the Racing Intermediate, faster and more efficient !! :cheers:👍

For this event, the tire wear is not taken into account, so search instead, the stability to have a car that will be effective and enjoyable to drive !! :)👍

Best regards my friend ST70 !! :)

Hi GhostRider65,
I've been away from GTPlanet - and Gran Turismo - for a while now, but recently got myself a full racing set-up (seat, Logitech G25, pedals, shifter etc) and have been struggling to get to grips with this new control scheme.
...until I Googled GT6 Tuning and found this page. You've totally changed everything for me. I can finally control the cars and love the game again. Thank you :D

Note - I've only used 5 or 6 tunes so far, but all are sublime.

Thanks a lot RikkiGTR for your post and i thank you !! Glad to know you back on GTPlanet 👍 !! I'm really flattered by your comment and it is a pleasure if my modest settings can help you :bowdown: !! I use a DS3 but other good tuners use wheels for their settings, anyway, i think that you find your happiness on this site for your cars :)👍 !!

Take care of you my friend !!

Best regards RikkiGTR !! 👍👍👍👍

Hello GR65, I’m open to receive your instructions to make me increase my knowledge of GT6 mechanics. When you like, when you can, I’m waiting patiently… or impatiently… I don’t know now :lol:

Thank you GR65.

Best regards ST70 :gtpflag:

Hi ST70,

I'm sorry for the delay :confused: but i don't forget not, my friend, but these last days, i was really busy :banghead: Don't worry, i think about you ;)👍 !!

Thanks again for your patience !! :bowdown:

Best regards my friend ST70 !! :cheers:👍

Hello GR65, don’t worry, it was only a friendly reminder :lol: I always say “first job, then fun”. And you're letting me homework with your Toyota 030 👍

Best regards GR65

ST70

When you are talking about another F40 tune, are you refering to the other 500pp configuration do you have on your garage? I am going to compare both tunes running with them and feeling the differences between them.

In any case, I'll continue waiting for your teaching classes... Don't worry when, only when you can... only if you like.

Thank you.

Best regards GR65

Nice weekend

ST70

• ST70

When you are talking about another F40 tune, are you refering to the other 500pp configuration do you have on your garage? I am going to compare both tunes running with them and feeling the differences between them.

In any case, I'll continue waiting for your teaching classes... Don't worry when, only when you can... only if you like.

Thank you.

Best regards GR65

Nice weekend

ST70

• ST70

Hi my friend,

Two configurations different for the car for two different styles !! Don't be worried, i'll keep my promise with regard to the settings and i thank you for your patience, yet a few more days and we attack !!

Best regards my friend !! :cheers:👍

Hi my friend,

Two configurations different for the car for two different styles !! Don't be worried, i'll keep my promise with regard to the settings and i thank you for your patience, yet a few more days and we attack !!

Best regards my friend !! :cheers:👍

Hi my friend,

First, i thank you for your patience :bowdown:, if i don't have unexpected things, we can start the explanations this Friday :)👍 !!

Best regards my friend ST70 !!

Cheers !! :cheers:👍

Hello GR65.

Fantastic tune with your Ferrari FXX. Easy to drive, incredible transformation. Thank you for share it.

Could you make a new tune with the Ferrari 330P4, or can I use it detuning to 600pp?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

ST70

I've probe your 330 P4 detuned to 600pp, I modified a little the suspensions and reach a second position on first attempt. I'll try it again today, but the Chaparral is difficult to beat. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

ST70

I've probe your 330 P4 detuned to 600pp, I modified a little the suspensions and reach a second position on first attempt. I'll try it again today, but the Chaparral is difficult to beat. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

ST70

Hi my friend,

In absolute terms, there should be a setting for each circuit, the 330P4 that you have tested is not really suitable for Bathurst !! I'll propose you any other settings to beat the 2J's !!
Otherwise, you must be regular, lose the least amount of time possible and not having penalties !!

Best regards my friend ST70 !!

GR65

Hi friend,

Yes, I've made modifications on your 330P4 and I think it is more stable, maybe need higher ride yet to absorb the irregular track... but my problems now are the penalties. The highest part of the circuit is very narrow and it's difficult for me to mantain the calm :banghead: and not to try to overtake any slower or erratic driver :mad:

Ok... more attempts and keep calm :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you, I'm ready to be a good pupil :cheers:

Have a nice week GR65 !!!

ST70

Hello GR65

What do you think about a time 2:03:3xx on Bathurst with the330P4?

I've raced against no Chaparral but two Mark 4 and finally I obtained the gold. But you know, you reach first place on lap three, but win the race only with 0.4 seconds, with the Ford on your exhaust :crazy:

Have a nice week

ST70

Hi my friend ST70,

Frankly, your time is average, you have to be under 2:00.xxx minutes for hope beat a 2J and without it, you have to win with a more comfortable margin !! Now with a car that was not adjusted for this race, i say bravo and congratulations for your victory :bowdown: :)👍 !!

For fun you can test the 2J that i posted ( 600pp / 546 bhp ) and i'll send you the setting for the 330P4 !! For both, braking earlier to take good curves !!

Take care of you my friend !!

Cheers ST70 :cheers:👍 !!

Back