Glad its back so i can realize..

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 59 comments
  • 5,481 views
Messages
932
Messages
Chicano3000X
Messages
Chicano3000
How much I suck online. :(

How well do you play online? Is last place a common thing for you?
 
I love online and am usually competing for the win! It's all practice I've logged alot of seat time. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast..
 
I do pretty good but online physics is totally different from offline which I don't understand. It takes a lot of practice.
 
I do pretty good but online physics is totally different from offline which I don't understand. It takes a lot of practice.

That's really weird. Is it more or less realistic? I've not played online yet haha, having too much fun with GT mode.
 
I'm ok. i often lag back and claw my way through the field...
 
I forgot how bad some cars handle online. I really like the Nismo Z SuperGT car offline. But just did a race with it online and spun out on like every corner:D
 
I'm ok. i often lag back and claw my way through the field...

Same here. I guess I'm a bit claustrophobic so I tend to try and keep my distance and pass maybe when there's a clear opening. I don't mind bumping the AI cars every once in awhile, but I don't like bumping or hitting people online, so I try and keep a fair distance between me and other racers when I play online...
 
went into a shuffle room
( winner picks track )
race-1---1st out of 6
r2------5th out of 7
r3------3rd out of 10
r4------5th out of 10
r5------3rd out of 12

I like having competition again!!!!
 
Cars online feel like your on the very edge of losing it and spinning out with the slightest throttle input or when you graze a curb, you have to be really alert all the time.
 
Online racing usually doesn't allow you to use the 'skid recovery force' which for some reason makes a huge difference (especially with rally racing). Try turning that off and race your car again offline, it should seem the same as online racing.
 
I never use skid recovery force on or offline, offline racing with racing soft tires feels like your glued to the track but online racing soft tires feel more like racing hard tires.

That's why you have to tune your car differently for online play.
 
The physics are the same, online just has tire wear(at least thats what I was told) but anyway, I'm pretty decent online, not the best, but not the worst either.
 
It really depends
like there are some real professionals out there .. but most of the time I place in top 4
 
It really depends
like there are some real professionals out there .. but most of the time I place in top 4
Same here. :sly:
 
I'm a Boss win all the time, the opposition never had their cars :P

jokes..... usually in the top 3, within 5-10 seconds of leader at worst but sometimes you come across someone that is just crazy fast
 
How much I suck online. :(

How well do you play online? Is last place a common thing for you?

It's not "common" for me, but neither is first place. I usually fall somewhere in the middle. If I'm in last place, though, it's usually because somebody punted me or pit-maneuvered me or something.
 
Youre lucky you guys have online.. my ps3 yloded in the downtime and i cant change the password on the new one.. hell someone screwed around with the accounts last night and i nearly lost my cars (again) thankfully i have a little 2 gig flash drive thats now saved their :censored:s twice.. id rather play offline than try to amass that entire collection again
 
I enjoyed the last three weeks of offline GT5 with the network connection switched off. The game responds properly to button pushes and goes from screen to screen properly. Now the PSN is back the game is back to its usual "waiting for the server" sitting around doing nothing for ages mode.
 
Somehow I've been expecting from PD a bit more after PSN's come back. Duno man, maybe that outage had pissed me off too much! But just 5 m cards and 5 buckets of paint do not make for it. I have also fed up grinding for that multimilion car!
 
The physics are the same, online just has tire wear(at least thats what I was told)....


That's completely incorrect. Tire wear has nothing to do with it. If you don't believe me you can try a race with tire wear on and grip reduction set to real offline and then do one online, this can be done in the practice mode under A-spec one make race.

While psn was down I bought a f10, tuned it to my liking, offline with tire wear on and grip reduction set to real, the car handled very neutrally offline. With the same setup online, with tire wear on and grip reduction to real and race quality to very high, the car does not handle the same. There is some high speed over-steer, and also low speed over-steer through turn eight at Nürburgring GP/F, at around the apex, which does not happen offline.
 
I usually place bottom-half, unfortunately. Rarely last, but usually bottom half. Me no likey.
 
Depends on what car and track!
Mostly because as a driver I don't talk car so to speak
That's what mechanics are for! Plus I cbf tuning every little detail I wanna drive
I'm just the meatbag behind the wheel!!! That's why I'm rubbish!
 
grip reduction to real

That's the issue right there. Offline A spec does not have grip reduction set to real, it's the other option (can't remember what it says). That's also why you can drive in the wet on slicks....which is IMPOSSIBLE online/in practise with the grip reduction set to real. I WISH that PD would have an option to change the grip levels in the offline Apsec part of the game, along with damage settings too and to increase the monetary payout for those who select the more realistic options.
 
I usually do pretty well for the first 2-3 laps, then i break under pressure and instantly crash into a wall. I thought thats what you're meant to do?
 
Online is the reason why I love GT5 as a game. The physics and cars shine when you have real competition. AI and lack of events in A-Spec basically force you to seek out some fun friends to race with, otherwise the game would be shelved by now.
 
I'm always in the middle, from horrible kid drivers who bump other drivers out of their way to take their position. Maybe if everyone drived a bit more clean I would be in better positions and win a lot more.
 
I'm usually on the podium, wins are pretty rare though.
 
I found another issue was that you go into a race in the Open lounge and you often end up sitting arounf for ages waiting for enough people to enter and for the race to start.
 
Same here. I guess I'm a bit claustrophobic so I tend to try and keep my distance and pass maybe when there's a clear opening. I don't mind bumping the AI cars every once in awhile, but I don't like bumping or hitting people online, so I try and keep a fair distance between me and other racers when I play online...
I just found another respectful driver I wanna race against. :)

I'm always slower in the straights so I have to make up with corner skills instead.
And I love De La Sarthe so driving a slower car is kinda hard but I often win anyway:D
 
Mcjoz88
Same here. I guess I'm a bit claustrophobic so I tend to try and keep my distance and pass maybe when there's a clear opening. I don't mind bumping the AI cars every once in awhile, but I don't like bumping or hitting people online, so I try and keep a fair distance between me and other racers when I play online...

This.. I always keep some room so i'm not constantly bumping the person in front, and if they are up my ass and i know they have got me for sure usually i'll give them the line to pass.

Is it just me or have all the idiots disappeared from GT5 online? Maybe its the " race for real " filter, but i have found over last month or few that there are more and more people wanting to race cleanly and less people wanting to 🤬 my exhaust pipe on the 1st corner..

As for me : I never really win online, just usually top half of field. Always one super quick driver or killer tune i can't catch,
 
Back