Glad its back so i can realize..

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 59 comments
  • 5,481 views
I always finish in the top 5 unless there is someone who likes to use me a barrier or the brakes 👎 Otherwise I win 3 out of 5 times when racing.
 
On the podium sometimes. In the middle mostly. Rarely last.
I only have a DS3 controller.

There are still idiots online though. they'll all be gone soon, I hope.
 
It was great to be racing again last night! It's gonna take a little time to adjust to online physics for sure. I raced in a room w/ weak boost which was more of an adjustment than the "slippery" track. Now I need to fork out some dough for more RS tires, oh well.
 
I'm usually within the top 3, although consistency isn't my strongest point:ouch:
 
This.. I always keep some room so i'm not constantly bumping the person in front, and if they are up my ass and i know they have got me for sure usually i'll give them the line to pass.

Is it just me or have all the idiots disappeared from GT5 online? Maybe its the " race for real " filter, but i have found over last month or few that there are more and more people wanting to race cleanly and less people wanting to 🤬 my exhaust pipe on the 1st corner..

As for me : I never really win online, just usually top half of field. Always one super quick driver or killer tune i can't catch,

I was about to say the same, 2 days back now of playing and I have yet to get a race filled with idiots. Everyones been quality
 
Being last-placed is usual for me, since I've only trained myself to beat AI racers, but rarely competed with human racers.
 
I'm always in the middle, from horrible kid drivers who bump other drivers out of their way to take their position. Maybe if everyone drived a bit more clean I would be in better positions and win a lot more.

Same here bro.
 
Glad its back online so I can realize.....

How petulant and childish most people online still are. Sheesh you would think they would be excited about some close racing for the first time in a month. As it turns out, most have been waiting for PSN to fix up just so they can start the ram-fest again.
 
Has anyone else had problems with not receiving the 'login details' email from Sony, after updating? I can't log into the PSN because my password is out of date.........

Worst-case scenario......would this mean my account has been hacked? If not, the email address they quote on the screen is 100% correct so I didn't type it in wrong, so I don't know what else it could be..
 
When I have a proper car that is competitive with the opposition I can usually finish in the top 3-4...

Also, in rooms with very closely similar cars, If I can make it through the first turn without some idiot ramming the **** out of me, I can usually finish near the top...

When racing with everything off, especially traction control, there is usually the "really good" driver with a wheel that I can't hang with (with my DS3).
 
I always thought I was pretty good at the GT series with my Dualshock controller because I always beat the AI in most cases but now in GT5 with my DS3, in online races I'm always near the last. I have never got a top 5 finish I think :grumpy:. My profile picture describes my face when I continually fail at online races.
 
Win some lose more !! Although I find that no matter where you finish theres always an enjoyable competition for places .

I enjoy fighting for 1st , 2nd , 5th , 6th , 15th or 16th .... makes no difference to me so long as its clean and fair .
 
i can't stand that online and offline physics are different...
 
Win some lose more !! Although I find that no matter where you finish theres always an enjoyable competition for places .

I enjoy fighting for 1st , 2nd , 5th , 6th , 15th or 16th .... makes no difference to me so long as its clean and fair .

totally agree.
GT5 online is a blast.

i particularly like lower hp (300 - 500 hp) races...
if someone pits you,
or you make a mistake,
you never get that far from the pack.
more often than not you always have cars around you.

its not always about winning,
but rather having fun, close competitions.
if its for 1st place, awesome.
if its for 8th place, the online battle is just as fun.

i really enjoy evenings online with GT5.

it still boggles my mind that GT5 reviews were generally average.
no doubt, this is the single greatest racing game i've ever played.

now if we could only get Spa, Bathurst, and a handful of new cars...

*cough (e30 & e36 M3's)
 
I'm 1st place a lot online, surprisingly. My civic just ROCKS the Nurburgring.
 
Online is the only reason I play GT5, the career mode is nothing to me except to earn maintenance moola for my fleet. I always place well but don't always win. And yes, the physics between on and offline are different, for example, about two seconds in an FGT around Grand Valley...test and you'll see for yourself, may have something to do with servers? As the Dr. stated above, it's about the competition and not about always winning, their are always individual battles occurring during a race!
 
I believe the physics online are economized in order to reduce network load.
For example you can't roll a car online, but you can offline.

Usually if I win online it's because I have the right car for the job.
 
Just had a race where i came in 4th.. my R8 was PITed.. i was like very sportsman like.. then he was like get out d:censored:bag then i said "ladies first" and then the host punted him...
 
My experience online has been mixed. I've been in rooms where people quit the race right after I pass them (when I am the back marker) or just start ramming me. The biggest problem for me is trying to match cars with the other racers so I'm not running the dog in the field. Too often I am racing a car or track that I'm not familiar with. I prefer to race friends, but the field ends up being pretty small which isn't as exciting.

As someone else mentioned, I don't need to be in first place, but I do like dueling for track position.
 
i'm not the best, but i win allmost all of my online races. so if you want some good competition, im here.
 
I love on-line racing, is the main reason I'm enjoying GT5.

Depending on the track/car, I can win races or being in the podium most of the times, when I can't, it's because some smart a*s ram me in first corner.

The physics are a little different yes, but with some tunning you can get the same times from offline.
 
I enjoy online racing, but how good I do depends on who I'm racing. I do better with friends then I do in random lobbies, but I'm really too inconsistent to do well. I usually will run with the leader for a lap or two, and then make a mistake. However, I do get lucky occasionally, and won a 2 lap nordschliefe race by about 90 seconds today.

The online physics do throw me occasionally, especially the last couple days since I'm rusty. Oh well, it's still tons of fun.
 
I usually win because I just cut corners when I can meaning I just take the corners really, really close.
 
That's completely incorrect. Tire wear has nothing to do with it. If you don't believe me you can try a race with tire wear on and grip reduction set to real offline and then do one online, this can be done in the practice mode under A-spec one make race.

While psn was down I bought a f10, tuned it to my liking, offline with tire wear on and grip reduction set to real, the car handled very neutrally offline. With the same setup online, with tire wear on and grip reduction to real and race quality to very high, the car does not handle the same. There is some high speed over-steer, and also low speed over-steer through turn eight at Nürburgring GP/F, at around the apex, which does not happen offline.

Oh yeah there is certainly a difference when online racing. I`ve just started going online(was building a new house and have moved in) and any one of my cars handle like they are on ice when online(my mach 1 will spin at least once a lap but is a good handler when offline) understeering then switching to oversteer if you even breath on the throttle, 2hrs one afternoon after work and i`m horrified that online is that bad. Why the hell would the physics change? Thats insane PD, Fix IT:ouch:
 
My experience online has been mixed. I've been in rooms where people quit the race right after I pass them (when I am the back marker) or just start ramming me. The biggest problem for me is trying to match cars with the other racers so I'm not running the dog in the field. Too often I am racing a car or track that I'm not familiar with. I prefer to race friends, but the field ends up being pretty small which isn't as exciting.

As someone else mentioned, I don't need to be in first place, but I do like dueling for track position.

Oh dude, this is the most frustrating part. A lot of the gripes about the need to grind would be defunct if you actually received more Cr. for online racing, where the reward is directly proportional to race distance, number of cars and final position. I couldn't even begin to tell you the number of times I have started in a field of around 10 cars, been punted off at turn 1 to be dead last and then fought my way back to 4th or 5th place only to still finish last as each car I pass successively dropped out of the race.

Stiffer penalties for quitting please PD.
 
I have to say I much prefer the online physics, I think a lot of the difference has to do with "grip reduction" being set to "real" online - is there any way of setting grip reduction to real for a-spec races? I know it can be done for one make races, but was wondering about the actual a-spec.
 
Is it on real? How do you know that? I'm sure you can set those settings.
 
Back