Global Protests Against Social Distancing, Lockdown, Vaccine Mandate

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 766 comments
Not even remotely the point.
What is your actual point? I'm against state inforced vaccine mandates. You are for them. Why did you bring up Smallpox? You think that because a vaccine was mandatory somewhere on earth at time when I was not alive, I would quickly change my mind and now become pro state enforced vaccine mandate's?

There is no state enfored vaccine in the Netherlands. Not now and not in the past. Not for the Flu and not for Smallpox.
One of the stupidest things ever.
Desperate people do stupid things :(

What is your actual point? I'm against state inforced vaccine mandates. You are for them.
Not exactly.
Why did you bring up Smallpox?
Well... you say this:

I'm against state inforced vaccine mandates.
Including the mandates that applied to smallpox?
You think that because a vaccine was mandatory somewhere on earth at time when I was not alive, I would quickly change my mind and now become pro state enforced vaccine mandate's?
More like not anti mandate.

Not exactly.

Well... you say this:

Including the mandates that applied to smallpox?

More like not anti mandate.
It is possible that the Netherlands never had a mandate for vaccination. Hard to say though as this is dating back over a century. According to Wikipedia sourcing from the Smallpox vaccine:
Smallpox Vaccine
As vaccination spread, some European countries made it compulsory. Concern about its safety led to opposition and then repeal of legislation in some instances.
According to this site, the last case of Smallpox in the Netherlands occurred in 1900. One would assume that either people saw Smallpox as a huge problem and ignored "anti-vaxxers" or there was some type of mandatory vaccination process.

I am against vaccine mandates.
Ok so now you're trying to say it without saying it.

Can you elaborate on why you don't think smallpox was worthy of a vaccine mandate? Smallpox was absolutely horrific on a global scale. Eliminating it did so much good for so many people. Not just in loss of life, disfigurement, or prevention of blindness, but also financially and socially. Ridding the world of smallpox was an achievement for our species. So please elaborate.

You think people should have had the freedom to spread smallpox?

(Edit: For those paying attention, I recognize that this (mostly) is a flawed utilitarian argument, but it's a very strong flawed argument)

Last edited:
Damn, cought lying again. There was a mandate (with an easy opt out) long before I came into this world. I'm still not in favor of a vaccine mandate.
Ok so now you're trying to say it without saying it.
I'ts all I can give you because no matter what I say, you can't accept that I'm against vaccine mandates.
Can you elaborate on why you don't think smallpox was worthy of a vaccine mandate? Smallpox was absolutely horrific on a global scale. Eliminating it did so much good for so many people. Not just in loss of life, disfigurement, or prevention of blindness, but also financially and socially. Ridding the world of smallpox was an achievement for our species. So please elaborate.
I believe people would do the right thing and get vaccinated against smallpox in the current age where information is readily available. The horrific nature of smallpox would drive people to do the right thing.
You think people should have had the freedom to spread smallpox?
Silly question.

I'ts all I can give you because no matter what I say, you can't accept that I'm against vaccine mandates.
Except that I'm literally accepting it.
I believe people would do the right thing and get vaccinated against smallpox in the current age where information is readily available.

Hang on a second, where's that spiderman gif:

giphy.gif

The horrific nature of smallpox would drive people to do the right thing.
I'd love to think so, but here you are arguing against yourself. 770,000 people in my country have dropped dead in a very short period of time.
Silly question.
Is it? I suppose then I can infer that the answer to that question is no? (why do you have so much trouble answering questions directly) If you don't have the right to spread smallpox, exactly how is that different from participating in society that is experiencing a smallpox epidemic without a vaccination? Hope? Faith in Jesus?

Last edited:
Except that I'm literally accepting it.
You have a strange way of accapting it.
Hang on a second, where's that spiderman gif:

giphy.gif
Well, uh... sorry for having more fate in people than I have in government.
I'd love to think so, but here you are arguing against yourself. 770,000 people in my country have dropped dead in a very short period of time.
Nope, wrong.
Is it? I suppose then I can infer that the answer to that question is no? (why do you have so much trouble answering questions directly). If you don't have the right to spread smallpox, exactly how is that different from participating in society that is experiencing a smallpox epidemic without a vaccination? Hope? Faith in Jesus?
You have to have smallpox/COVID to be able to spread it.

Damn, cought lying again. There was a mandate (with an easy opt out) long before I came into this world.
If it didn't happen in the last 36 years in the Netherlands, it doesn't count, huh?

This you believe (since you're the one that posted it):
I believe people would do the right thing and get vaccinated against smallpox in the current age where information is readily available. The horrific nature of smallpox would drive people to do the right thing.
But this you don't:
I believe people would do the right thing and get vaccinated against Covid in the current age where information is readily available. The horrific nature of Covid would drive people to do the right thing.
star get GIF

This feels like the point where you've stepped over the line of having an opinion to outright lies. People died. If you're going to say that they didn't then your evidence better be spectacular, because that's not something to be playing the troll with.
I did not say people didn't die. I've posted multiple times on the numbers of people that died of COVID. You misunderstood my reply. Context.
TB
If it didn't happen in the last 36 years in the Netherlands, it doesn't count, huh?

This you believe (since you're the one that posted it):

But this you don't:

star get GIF
You guys really have a hard time with understanding what the difference between being against vaccine mandates and being against vaccination is. I'm not against vaccination.

I did not say people didn't die.
Your post simply said that the statement that 770,000 people died was wrong. Without further clarification that can be taken any number of ways, the most obvious of which is that no people died at all.
I've posted multiple times on the numbers of people that died of COVID. You misunderstood my reply. Context.
I've seen you post about how old people are the only ones dying of COVID, but I've not seen you dispute the actual numbers of dead.

You wanna point me to your post that explains how the currently available numbers are, in your words, "no, wrong"? Because I had a skim through the last few pages and the context is not as obvious as you seem to think.

Last edited:
Your post simply said that the statement that 770,000 people died was wrong. Without further clarification that can be taken any number of ways, the most obvious of which is that no people died at all.
770,000 American died with COVID. That is a fact.
I've seen you post about how old people are the only ones dying of COVID, but I've not seen you dispute the actual numbers of dead.
Again a nope, wrong. I did not say that only the old ones are dying of COVID.
You wanna point me to your post that explains how the currently available numbers are, in your words, "no, wrong"? Because I had a skim through the last few pages and the context is not as obvious as you seem to think.
Context was the horrific nature of a smallpox driving people to do the right thing. Then he brought up COVID as a comparison. That in my opinion is wrong.

Good, I'm glad we can all agree on that.
Again a nope, wrong. I did not say that only the old ones are dying of COVID.
I mean, you did. You said that people under 60 had a less than 0% chance of dying from COVID. Look.
A healthy person under 60 has a less then 0% chance of ending up in the hospital with COVID. Vaccination might help but the chance is still less than 0%. Vaccines are usefull for people at risk.
It just turned out that you couldn't tell the difference between less than 0 and less than 1, which was moderately amusing. I probably shouldn't pick on you for what seemed like an honest mistake in what probably isn't your first language. But you're expecting me to psychically interpret your intent from a two word response, so meh.

You said it, it's just that what you said is not what you meant. So thank you, it's not "nope, wrong".
Context was the horrific nature of a smallpox driving people to do the right thing. Then he brought up COVID as a comparison. That in my opinion is wrong.
You might want to work on your English then, because if you quote someone saying "I'd love to think so, but here you are arguing against yourself. 770,000 people in my country have dropped dead in a very short period of time" and reply with "no, wrong" then the only reasonable way to read that is that you think that the statement that 770,000 people have dropped dead is somehow wrong. If you thought that the opinion that you were arguing against yourself was wrong, you'd just have quoted that and not the second sentence. That's context.

And if you thought that the comparison to COVID was wrong you'd have typed something else entirely, because what you wrote in no conceivable way conveys that meaning. You could have conveyed that meaning far, far better in just two words, "terrible comparison". Or in any number of other equally short ways. "No, wrong" is not one of them, and it requires major mental contortions to even begin to see that statement as meaning anything close to what you claim.

I think you know this, and you're trying to weasel out of what was a very, very poorly thought out response. Just admit that you said something stupid.

Then explain why the comparison between smallpox and COVID is wrong, because that one's really not obvious. It's certainly not obvious enough for you to handwave with a two word response.

I mean, you did. You said that people under 60 had a less than 0% chance of dying from COVID. Look.
A statement I corrected.
It just turned out that you couldn't tell the difference between less than 0 and less than 1, which was moderately amusing. I probably shouldn't pick on you for what seemed like an honest mistake in what probably isn't your first language. But you're expecting me to psychically interpret your intent from a two word response, so meh.
Again, I pointed out I made a mistake before any of you pointed it out where I was wrong in my statement. A simple "less than zero does not mean what you think it means" response would have been enough to point out my error. Instead you guys went with playing games.
You said it, it's just that what you said is not what you meant. So thank you, it's not "nope, wrong".
Yes, I know
You might want to work on your English then, because if you quote someone saying "I'd love to think so, but here you are arguing against yourself. 770,000 people in my country have dropped dead in a very short period of time" and reply with "no, wrong" then the only reasonable way to read that is that you think that the statement that 770,000 people have dropped dead is somehow wrong. If you thought that the opinion that you were arguing against yourself was wrong, you'd just have quoted that and not the second sentence. That's context.

And if you thought that the comparison to COVID was wrong you'd have typed something else entirely, because what you wrote in no conceivable way conveys that meaning. You could have conveyed that meaning far, far better in just two words, "terrible comparison". Or in any number of other equally short ways. "No, wrong" is not one of them, and it requires major mental contortions to even begin to see that statement as meaning anything close to what you claim.
I will work on my English.
I think you know this, and you're trying to weasel out of what was a very, very poorly thought out response. Just admit that you said something stupid.
I'm not trying to weasel out of anything. I have a disagreement about state enforced vaccine mandates. I am against that.
Then explain why the comparison between smallpox and COVID is wrong, because that one's really not obvious. It's certainly not obvious enough for you to handwave with a two word response.
I'm confused.. When is it ok to compare COVID to a virus/disease? The Flu kills many people to but there is no vaccine mandate for the Flu. Is that a fair comparison?
❤️

'From' Covid, not 'with' Covid

The CDC requirements on this are quite, quite clear:

"When COVID-19 is reported as a cause of death on the death certificate, it is coded and counted as a death due to COVID-19. COVID-19 should not be reported on the death certificate if it did not cause or contribute to the death."

'With' implies that someone who had Covid, but died in a Car Crash (for example) would be included in the stats, that is not the case.

You know that's being used for Covid prevention how?

Latest Posts

Back