GMC Hummer EV

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 72 comments
The electric revolution is here! Let's use it to make pointlessly large, heavy trucks even heavier with pointless performance! Yay!

I secretly love it though, and the same argument can be thrown at the Cybertruck although that at least looks more practical than the average Hummer

This is good. A young(21yo) co-worker of mine, just bought a used VE Commodore SS. Lowered, 20" factory alloys, loud exhaust. Looks cool.

While looking at it, was thinking, I could get an EV and smoke that thing. Never to touch a petrol pump again. At my age(48), I'm all for this.

Interesting but the infrastructure for ev’s is just not there yet for me to be interested in buying one any time soon. There is also a massive question mark over the cost of owning one long term.

Last edited:
The electric revolution is here! Let's use it to make pointlessly large, heavy trucks even heavier with pointless performance! Yay!

I secretly love it though, and the same argument can be thrown at the Cybertruck although that at least looks more practical than the average Hummer

It’s about changing people’s perceptions of EVs.

In theory, this should be totally impractical but it has somehow become one of the cars I'm most looking forward to seeing this year. That front fascia looks really good so far and that power figure is insane.

I love it when cars are produced for no reason other than "because we can".

I thought GM sold Hummer to a Chinese company? :confused:

I just hope it's not simply a re-skinned electrified version of one of their existing models like I'm expecting it to be.

There is also a massive question mark over the cost of owning one long term.
The answer to that is simple: trade it in at the end of the lease period. Which is probably what anyone who gets one of these will do, a I expect it will be laughably expensive to outright purchase one.

The answer to that is simple: trade it in at the end of the lease period. Which is probably what anyone who gets one of these will do, a I expect it will be laughably expensive to outright purchase one.

Compared to the Tesla Truck, probably not.

Compared to the Tesla Truck, probably not.
Compared to a gas powered SUV though, it most definitely will be. And frankly the Cybertruck still seems far more like a novelty than an actual production ready vehicle, so I wouldn't call it the chief competition just yet.

Due to obvious reasons, the reveal has been pushed back to later this year. However, we do have some new teasers including a first look of the silhouette in SUV form:
hummer-outline-1596039782.gif

Due to obvious reasons, the reveal has been pushed back to later this year. However, we do have some new teasers including a first look of the silhouette in SUV form:
hummer-outline-1596039782.gif

I had rather low expectations for this vehicle...which I was assuming would be a typical GM half-ass job of taking an existing GMC pickup, giving it an electric drivetrain, and putting on a hummer grill. So the fact that it appears to be more than that is nice to see. Maybe this is the GM response to the Wrangler & Bronco?

How appropriately gaudy. Though I do have to appreciate that they had to give it monster truck steering to make it have something even vaguely
resembling a turning radius.

It's like GM wanted to corner the market on electric brodozers.
I imagine they would want to get a solid foothold in that market ASAP. With all the activity building up in the EV truck sector as of late, electric Raptors have to be lurking somewhere just over the horizon.

I'm amused that all they needed to do was make two boxes on top of each other, and they still managed to make it look as stupid as nearly everything else GM's designers have worked on for the last four years.

Back