GMC Hummer EV

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 72 comments
I'll be honest- I actually like this new-age Hummer EV. It's a new style Hummer, but nothing grotesque or overrated. There is kind of a cool factor in its design up front. I think this truck is styled well. As per any Hummer, I'm sure it will be a great truck to take around your favorite off-road sections. You're probably not going to get looked at funny or laughed at for driving one of these. At one point, I did like the H2 and H3 of old... until they mostly became the official vehicle of the teenybopper on MTV's "My Super Sweet 16" back in the 2000s. I still fancy the original H1 Hummers most, as do a lot of others.

Anyhow, I think this Hummer EV could be very well received and could sell well. Whether or not it actually does remains to be seen.

I'll be honest- I actually like this new-age Hummer EV. It's a new style Hummer, but nothing grotesque or overrated. There is kind of a cool factor in its design up front. I think this truck is styled well. As per any Hummer, I'm sure it will be a great truck to take around your favorite off-road sections. You're probably not going to get looked at funny or laughed at for driving one of these. At one point, I did like the H2 and H3 of old... until they mostly became the official vehicle of the teenybopper on MTV's "My Super Sweet 16" back in the 2000s. I still fancy the original H1 Hummers most, as do a lot of others.

Anyhow, I think this Hummer EV could be very well received and could sell well. Whether or not it actually does remains to be seen.
Me too, since Crossovers,SUVs and trucks are in high demand right now!

I read on Twitter that this new Hummer EV... isn't going to come cheap. Would you rather spend $112,595 USD on a Hummer or some other automobile in the same price range? Yikes!

I read on Twitter that this new Hummer EV... isn't going to come cheap. Would you rather spend $112,595 USD on a Hummer or some other automobile in the same price range? Yikes!

I believe Arnold would want to know your location (Terminator movie and many others) as I think this will be number 6 for his collection unless it's expanded since the last time he talked about his Hummer trucks.

How much would you expect a 1000hp electrtic car the size of a house to cost? Is the problem just that it's called a Hummer? I think $113k for the top spec is pretty reasonable for what you get.

It’s honestly just too H2 for my tastes. Give it portal gears, shorter wheelbase, shorter overhangs, and more... Jeep-like/H1-like proportions & features and it’d honestly be the first electric car I’ve ever been interested in. But as it is? It’s just a designer Sierra Denali with a glass roof and laptop batteries providing the motive power. The Apollo/moon stuff and light gimmicks appeal far too much to my inner 11 year old, though. Can easily see moon buggy-inspired special editions with orange accents and (fake) gold plating and 60s-style instrumentation. Maybe include a golf club as a gag

Last edited:
If we're talking high-end electric SUVs, I don't think there will be more people clamoring for a [GMC] Hummer EV as much as say, a Tesla Model X. I don't know if a Tesla has ever been pushed to intense off-roading or not, but I'm sure the Hummer EV would be a great electric off-roader. Or you may even opt to get a truck or SUV from Rivian. Or (dare I say)... get you the Tesla Cybertruck.

It isn't like the Hummer EV has no real competition or suitable alternatives. I have never been any Hummer fanatic. I do think this Hummer EV is actually quite cool. So I'm giving it a chance. How much of a chance it stands remains to be seen.

I quite like this new Hummer. I'm suspecting it may steal a few sales from the Tesla Cybertruck too.

Being in the UK, i don't see much demand for these new electric trucks (cars are a different story), i think mainly due to the size of them.
Still, it's got me thinking, what if say Toyota did an electric Hilux. Something a bit smaller or more in line with Rivian.

Anyway, decided to do a really rough sketch, of the kind of thing that's on my mind. (needs some work, i know).

Some better photos of the GMC next to an original H1

GMC-Hummer-EV-H1-Comparison-705.jpg

GMC-Hummer-EV-H1-Comparison-637.jpg

GMC-Hummer-EV-H1-Comparison-581.jpg

GMC-Hummer-EV-H1-Comparison-618.jpg

https://stanceworks.com/2020/10/the-hummer-h1-vs-the-gmc-hummer-ev/

Press photos DO admittedly make the Hummer EV look large, but the first impression is this: it’s not. Not compared to the original monolith, anyway. That says something, too, as contrary to popular belief, the H1 isn’t that big of a vehicle. Sure, it’s wide: but it’s no wider than a Ford Raptor, and past that, it’s rather small. It’s shorter in height than most modern full size trucks come from the factory, and its shorter than a new Jetta or Camry in overall length. The Hummer EV is relatively close in height. If it weren’t for the lift and 40” tires, the trucks would likely be the same. In length, the EV sports an extra foot or so, which comes as no surprise: the H1, as explained, is rather short for a truck or SUV by any measure, at only 15.5 feet in length
Honestly I had forgotten how the H1 is actually kinda small, despite its bulky dimensions. Then again seeing one that hasn't been fully bro-dozered and lifted to the moon nowadays is about as rare as rocking horse poop. And if the EV can fit 37" tires without needing modifications like that article says, then it may very well have a solid chance to take some of the Raptor's thunder away in the highway menace department.

Last edited:
I quite like this new Hummer. I'm suspecting it may steal a few sales from the Tesla Cybertruck too.

Being in the UK, i don't see much demand for these new electric trucks (cars are a different story), i think mainly due to the size of them.
Still, it's got me thinking, what if say Toyota did an electric Hilux. Something a bit smaller or more in line with Rivian.

Anyway, decided to do a really rough sketch, of the kind of thing that's on my mind. (needs some work, i know).

I'll take an electric one of these. Please & thank you. ;)
images - 2020-11-02T125425.610.jpeg

Honestly I had forgotten how the H1 is actually kinda small, despite its bulky dimensions. Then again seeing one that hasn't been fully bro-dozered and lifted to the moon nowadays is about as rare as rocking horse poop. And if the EV can fit 37" tires without needing modifications like that article says, then it may very well have a solid chance to take some of the Raptor's thunder away in the highway menace department.
Thing is, it's still larger than the EV.

It's a shame that its almost certainly not going to come here as a factory RHD. We did have the H3 though.

Thing is, it's still larger than the EV.
Not by very much if it is; see the part of the article I quoted. The H1 is taller than stock in those pictures because it has 40" tires, a roof rack and a lift kit. The EV is a foot longer, and they look about equal width wise. The H1 has different interior proportions and a covered rear cargo area, which would certainly make it look larger, but as far as the basic dimensions they appear to be pretty close to equal.

It's a shame that its almost certainly not going to come here as a factory RHD. We did have the H3 though.
No way in hell it’d fit on UK roads, though. I once saw a Dodge Ram in the lowlands, and it was comical how much the owner struggled to get it to navigate through the outskirts of Edinburgh.

I really wish people (mainly news sites) would stop trying to make these car leaks out as "accidental" when it's pretty obvious they aren't.

Back