Go Kart races impossible to win with controller/superior AI

• Thread starter Hazzy997
  • 146 comments
Been trying the Red Bull X challenge karts one and still haven't been able to gold the championship. Going at it for at least 6 hours now. Everything up until now has been pretty easy/frustrating, but this is on a different level. The AI is real good here, better than me at least.

I should just move on, but am way to stubborn. I always get gold before moving on, but this one I might have to let slide.

I know what you mean it took me an age to crack it!! But crack it i did after heaps of attempts:boggled: Iirc there was some driver from Belgium that would continuously vanish into the distance which put pressure on me to catch up which led to silly mistakes (which you basically cant afford):eek: Keep it steady and consistent and the front runners will start coming back to you and once your in front its a case of keeping it tidy and blocking any attacks.:scared: Hang with it i remember feeling like your above post but it does all of a sudden come to you.:cheers:

This thread is hilarious. I'm also a DS3 user. However these kart races and the X2010 Goodwood challenge are piss easy compared to the Vettel challenge on GT5.

I golded all the kart races on my first attempt. It's really not that hard at all lol. Not sure what all the commotion is about.
what s ur secret man??

Now I'm not the fastest racer on GT6 but I'm quicker than people expect with a DS3. The karts handling actually suits my slight oversteery driving style and helped me win the kart championships.

The X1 Goodwood event took a few tries to get used the handling and then banged in a 27.462 run.:D

I completely disliked kart racing with the DS3 controller but after getting a wheel they were a ton of fun drive and a lot easier to handle.

I only had difficulty with the GT track in a shifter because I kept clipping a rumble strip and spinning but after enough attempts I found a clean line. But I was also able to gold the X1 at Goodwood with my DS3.

Starting to get the hang of things now. Got second in the Red Bull karts at GT Arena and finally golded the National A Kart events.

Avoid curbs at GT Arena and as the others say the karts slow down with about 2/3 laps towards the end and don't take your foot off the accelerator and then go back on through corners.

I found them quite easy to win (even the shifter karts). Just be consistent and don't make mistakes. The AI will also slow down at the end of the race to make it easier to win.

It's not the AI guys it's you, I've tested this time and time again and I come to the same result. The AI no matter which event you're doing is going to be .022 faster than you. This is so you can push yourselves or ourselves to find that faster line along with using the draft, karting is finding the fasts line through a course along late braking and drafting. The key to getting through the karting events is to late brake and draft. Pending on which view you use you can see that the AI is braking way to early, in some cases almost 75 meters to early, which will allow you to slip right buy if you're close enough or in the draft coming into the braking zone. Another key point is sliding the Kart through the turn which is much easier to do now with the new tire model from what I've found. There are other pro-karters besides myself that will be able help, though the best teacher is Senna. Find any of his video's on karting and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Okay. Done with Kart 150. Slightly challenging, especially in Kart Space, but it's a lot of fun. And I still haven't lost a single race. I still have Shifters to go, so we'll see...

So far, I maintain my word; Karts are much easier than in GT5.

It's not the AI guys it's you, I've tested this time and time again and I come to the same result. The AI no matter which event you're doing is going to be .022 faster than you. This is so you can push yourselves or ourselves to find that faster line along with using the draft, karting is finding the fasts line through a course along late braking and drafting. The key to getting through the karting events is to late brake and draft. Pending on which view you use you can see that the AI is braking way to early, in some cases almost 75 meters to early, which will allow you to slip right buy if you're close enough or in the draft coming into the braking zone. Another key point is sliding the Kart through the turn which is much easier to do now with the new tire model from what I've found. There are other pro-karters besides myself that will be able help, though the best teacher is Senna. Find any of his video's on karting and you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Adjusting the final gear also helps. Depending on the track. On tracks with long straights, I click the slider once to give my Kart a slightly bigger top speed. The A.I destroys me at the start, but once I get to the straight, eveyone is doing 110 Km/h while I'm doing 130. 135 or more with draft. I do the opposite in Kart Space. That gives me an edge on the start and out the corners.

As I said before, I still have to try the Shifters to see if they are as hard as people are saying.

Has anyone noticed how the AI has superior acceleration and handling in corners almost all laps except for the last half of the last lap they start slowing down a little.

Seriously, i can't win these things it's unfair for controller users these races are impossible to win the AI is flying through the track and make no mistakes they go through corners perfectly.

What an idiotic addition to the game.
It's not impossible I use a DS3 also. You just need to practice in your case. I didn't find them that hard. Practice makes perfect.

Okay. Just did the last challenge. You guys must be doing something wrong, because I also use DS3 and I'm definitely not the best GT player by far. I'm actually very slow and don't take any risks.

I was scared about the 125 Shifter championship, but I was surprised it took me one attempt to win it. I only messed up once in the last race at the GT Arena and ended up 2nd, but that was the only major problem I had and I still won the championship. Actually, I found the previous I-B 125 championship to be more annoying. Shifters were a lot of fun and easy to drive compared to the others.

I repeat, it's all about being smooth in the inputs. Try using both sticks instead of the D-Pad, Triggers or buttons. Gear settings depending on the track also count A LOT.

I repeat, it's all about being smooth in the inputs. Try using both sticks instead of the D-Pad, Triggers or buttons.

👍

I agree completely. You get a lot more precision and control with the sticks than you ever would with those stupid triggers or buttons.

The AI is still as dumb as other races, if not worse. The issue with GT arena is that by the time AI slow down kicks in, there's not enough time to catch up unless you're already close.
I've done the GT ARENA shifter cart race 30 or so times and got spun out 25 of those times.

Rebuild the engine, you get more HP
Put 5 KG or so ballast at -50
Drive the kart like your goal is to get around the track safely without sliding, and the speed will follow

If you are not bothered about cheating to win the Gold at the Kart Race ,International A
in the GT arena,it's so simple,you would be surprised. I always search thoroughly for short cuts----- especially after trying for days to win a race with no luck. As you come round the right hand bend on to the home straight towards the end of the first lap, you will notice the blue and white barriers on the right side of the track. Where they end, a grey wall with a wire fence begins. If you look closely, there is a small gap between the blue and white barrier and the grey wall. At this stage,do not drive through the gap. As you have not crossed the start finish line,your lap will not register. Instead, go through the gap from the OPPOSITE side. This will ensure you cross the start finish line a few seconds later and your completed lap will register. This short cut ensures that you miss out on two left hand turns then two right hand turns and a long right hand bend. Keep doing this every lap and the gentleman that was in first place will be aghast that you finished so far ahead. When you thus take the short cut, the grey wall with the wire fence should be on your right and the blue and white barrier on your left, with the gap in between. You have to approach the gap at an angle as the barrier and wall are slightly staggered in alignment. The gap is large enough for the Kart to go through,but do not rush it. Get the Kart lined up and ease carefully through. It's maybe a good idea to practice on free run first. I have no video, but ----how easy can it be. When you follow the above,you will see that it works. Now. Go and get that Gold and happy Racing. Regards. D.

No need for shortcut..

Its totally doable with the DS3, especially knowing that i used the bottons (not joysticks nor triggers) and the D pad.

Its all about being smooth and gentle, y3t quick reaction and precise...

Another good trick is to NOT mash the accelerator at the wrong time... Do it when you are heading straight, and
avoid locking up your brakes....

I Golded everything using the controller the old school way...

Just be smooth,quick and precise...

Good luck guys and dont discourage...

Slow in Fast out
And try to not lose your momentum...

Now I'm not the fastest racer on GT6 but I'm quicker than people expect with a DS3. The karts handling actually suits my slight oversteery driving style and helped me win the kart championships.

The X1 Goodwood event took a few tries to get used the handling and then banged in a 27.462 run.:D

Every Tuesday you make me hate you, and every Wednesday I hate myself for hating you.

Then I see this and the phrase "justifiable homicide" springs to mind....

See you Saturday! :D 👍

Resurrecting an old post here. Am having a lot of problems with the Kart 125 Shifter Championship races. Not only can i not seem to do them, but 9 time out of 10 my PS3 locks while the race details come up on screen. It's the same whether I select the Championship or the individual races. Guess i shall just forget about those races.

Back