Go Kart races impossible to win with controller/superior AI

• Thread starter Hazzy997
  • 146 comments
Until now, one of the Highlights of GT6 and one of the few events with true replayability are the Karting events.
Different karts, nice tracks,great flow, standing starts and AI with some sort of speed to make you push a little.

How is this being criticized in a game that is also heavily criticized for its rolling starts, sloth pace AI and events with restrictions that let you enter with far superior vehicles is beyond me :/

Took me 3 hrs, but managed gold on the indoor tracks using DS3, standard settings, bout the only advice/input to this thread is block passing seems to help a hell of a lot. I did earn 250k cr trying, so all's good.

Spent a hour this afternoon trying to gold the space kart 100cc event to no avail. Got in such a rage (wanting to throw my wheel through the TV screen),i had to go and watch TV instead for a few hours. I will give it ago again this evening, You never know if my luck does not change might still be on the same challenge when the sun comes up.

LOL! I knew some people agreed with me, I haven't tried since I created this thread but I already had won the outdoor ones. :lol:

Played around with the top speed in 125 cc. Lower in first event I won by a bunch, set it to 87 mph at Stowe won by over 2.5 seconds. Finished 5th in 3rd event setting speed to 75 mph but should note that I was 12th on lap one and 2nd trying to pass leader on inside in final corner before he spun me out and I finished 5th.

Has anyone noticed how the AI has superior acceleration and handling in corners almost all laps except for the last half of the last lap they start slowing down a little.

Seriously, i can't win these things it's unfair for controller users these races are impossible to win the AI is flying through the track and make no mistakes they go through corners perfectly.

What an idiotic addition to the game.
It's the driver not the game or the car...

Karts are very tricky. I've already tried it and it really isn't much harder than how it was in GT5. It just requires a VERY delicate touch with the steering, brakes and gas.

I play with DS3. Both sticks. I'm far from being the best driver, but I find no problems with the Karts.

Just keep trying and learn the best breaking points and the best line around the corners. It's not impossible. Be as smooth and consistent as possible.

Karts are very tricky. I've already tried it and it really isn't much harder than how it was in GT5. It just requires a VERY delicate touch with the steering, brakes and gas.

I play with DS3. Both sticks. I'm far from being the best driver, but I find no problems with the Karts.

Just keep trying and learn the best breaking points and the best line around the corners. It's not impossible. Be as smooth and consistent as possible.
I find the karts easier in GT6 but way more fun!

I find the karts easier in GT6 but way more fun!

They feel a bit more nervous, but the aren't impossible as some people say. It does require a couple of tries before golding an event though. The trick as with GT5's Karts is constant speed and as I said, a very delicate touch.

And yes; they are a blast! 👍

The Shift Kart championship was the most difficult so far; took me 4 attempts but I was able to win all gold using the DS3 too.
Maybe try lowering the sensitivity.

I love the karting in GT6 and in GT5. One of the best parts of the game to me. It can be hard to adapt to them as small inputs have a big affect on how the kart moves and turns compared to the cars, but that's how karts drive in reality. I like how there are a more karting events in GT6 compared to GT5. I always thought that they were a little underutilized in GT5.

Its not impossible to win with the go karts using a ds3. I golded the go kart races in ib using a ds3.

I use the right analogue stick for brake and accelerator

Same here, default DS3 settings have yet to fail me in any GT game. I found the carts pretty tough in GT5 I remember them feeling overly twitchy to the point of not being very fun, but this time around they seem to be much easier especially the Red Bull Carts, those are bordering on too easy as sweeping all the races was no problem at all. I haven't put much time into the career 125s yet [ Jrs were easy ] so I cant say if they feel broken etc but if they were like the RB carts it will be a joke.

Raced Kart Space for about 2 hours with my best being second. Decided to mess with weight ballast, added 5kg. and moved it all to the rear, front drive gear set at 1.30. Next race won by 3 seconds! The extra weight really settled the Kart a lot. Hope this helps.

Yeah they are oddly difficult compared to some of the other events. It isn't too bad on a wheel, but I'm starting to get pretty frustrated with the AI driving through me. It's been happening a lot lately in the Super events. Strangely, the RedBull Karts weren't too bad at all...

Well took a break from karting after my first post. Went and completed all of the goodwood hill climb challenges. But then went back for another crack at the 100CC challenge last night and hey presto boom completed the remaining two events space kart and GT arena at the first time of asking. Now looking forward to trying the 125cc and Red Bull Kart events.

I enjoyed the Karting events. The only one that gave me trouble was the shifter on Gran Turismo Arena.

I did find it amusing that the AI start off the races with both superior acceleration and higher top speed. They pull hard down the straights for the first couple of laps, then all of a sudden it reverses and I am faster down the straights. And of course by the final 1/3 of any race you start catching them at an amazing rate.

it takes time to get used to these things. for the longest time I had trouble with these in the IB, 125 karts even when I used my wheel. but once I learned the trick I got 1st no problem.
and you gotta use your "AI slows down on the last lap" to your advantage. the first few laps they are fast as heck but then last two laps they really slow you down and help you win lol

my beef with the carts is that the computer is very clearly cheating... the first race of Red Bull carts... the first/second turn at Silverstone... I don't even turn I straight up just plow through it essentially at full speed (just let off the throttle a bit to get in better position for the first turn)... but even cheating like that, the AI carts make turns faster that me straight up cutting two corners at full speed... I'm not going on the grass, I'm not spinning out... I'm legit just straight up cheating... but they still manage to be faster than me... like how is that possible?! I'm very disappointed by the NFS "catchup" AI that PD decided to implement...

Karting later on in the career wasn't easy, but you start to notice it's formulated.

You WILL win if you make it to last lap without spinning out. Because of the dumb rolling starts, the AI gets extremely generous on the last couple laps or last few sectors. If you are persistent, you will pass them. Even on GT Arena.

Now the problem most people will have is not spinning out with a Dualshock 3. A very handy tip I discovered is to mash acceleration on and off repeatedly when you're tackling a turn. Whatever you do, do not flat out accelerate through your turn. Just wait until the exit, make sure you aren't steering, then floor it out of the exit.

If you are ballsy, play with steering sensitivity to 7, just make sure to not to mash gas on corners like I said.

Also make sure to brake late and don't worry about driving dirty if you are desperate.

GT Arena in particular is extremely frustrating, but I later learned that as long as you stick to the optimal line, you will eventually pass everyone. You must get used to knowing which corner is a wide and which corner is sharp not worth accelerating through. Do not brake late on GT Arena!

Edit: Change oil and pay for a cheap engine overhaul for extra power.

Edit 2: The very last karting championship, with 125 Shifter, was a really odd one for me. I needed -2 steering sensitivity for the first two races, but GT Arena's tightness required 7 sensitivity again.

Last edited:
This and the X2010 Goodwood Challenge really anger me. In the Karts on Kart Space I can eventually get into 1st because as others say the 2 AI in front of me slow down but I always mess up somewhere and quit in frustration.

As for the Goodwood challenge get to the corner of the 2nd wall before the final run and crash into it. I've only had one clean run up it and was 3 tenths off Gold.

This thread is hilarious. I'm also a DS3 user. However these kart races and the X2010 Goodwood challenge are piss easy compared to the Vettel challenge on GT5.

I golded all the kart races on my first attempt. It's really not that hard at all lol. Not sure what all the commotion is about.

Lower sensitivity to -2 and use the right stick for gas and brake and as I mentioned in my post above, be as smooth as you can. So far, I've done three Kart events. All of them have been relatively easy to gold. Now that I've got a hang of them, Kart events are much easier than in GT5, I dare to say.

This thread is hilarious. I'm also a DS3 user. However these kart races and the X2010 Goodwood challenge are piss easy compared to the Vettel challenge on GT5.

I golded all the kart races on my first attempt. It's really not that hard at all lol. Not sure what all the commotion is about.

Totally agree 👍 I even managed to gold the X2010 challenge at Goodwood. Something that I thought would be impossible when remembering how impossible the Vettel challenges were in GT5.

And as I mentioned above, I find the Karts much easier to drive in GT6. I was kind of worried when I saw a lot of people saying it was too hard.

I didn't have a problem at all golding them with a DS3. Karts aren't the easiest vehicles to drive in GT6, but it's alright, they're a blast to drive! The longer justified kart time I can get the merrier I am.

Back