GODZILLA ~ Directed By Gareth Edwards ~ Release May 15, 2014

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 207 comments
-> Well, the '98 Godzilla is actually Zilla. Zilla got it's 🤬 handed in Sydney:

:sly:

Terrible but entertaining film, but one of the best parts of Final Wars :lol:

Little fact, I think it's a deliberate reference in Final Wars - a sequel to the 98 G was planned to be set in Sydney. Also you could claim that is really the animated series Godzilla perhaps?

Trailer #2 has been leaked. Now some people asked if it was a legit trailer, but nearly all the footage is unseen and it appears to be a modified SDCC 2013 trailer. And Legendary are taking them down moments after they appear.

It seems Legendary are at PD levels of secrecy.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable Pacific Rim crossover. :lol:

DK
It seems Legendary are at PD levels of secrecy.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable Pacific Rim crossover. :lol:
The absolute, easiest way to kill any chance of regaining fans back after Zilla.

The absolute, easiest way to kill any chance of regaining fans back after Zilla.

Even if this bombs (unlikely I think), Toho will probably pick up and continue the series in Japan I reckon, if you count the 1998 film G2014 is the 30th instalment in the series.

Even if this bombs (unlikely I think), Toho will probably pick up and continue the series in Japan I reckon, if you count the 1998 film G2014 is the 30th instalment in the series.
Even then, they will lose out on their international fanbase since Toho seems to mainly distribute their films throughout Japan & other Asian territories.

Besides, a "mix" would lead to either the humans dying, Godzilla dying, or the world's cheesiest allegiance. :dunce:

Even then, they will lose out on their international fanbase since Toho seems to mainly distribute their films throughout Japan & other Asian territories.

Besides, a "mix" would lead to either the humans dying, Godzilla dying, or the world's cheesiest allegiance. :dunce:

True. In Japan as far as I know the cinema companies own the cinema's. One reason for the Japanese film industry falling behind the west in the 80's and 90's was Toho predominantly and other companies only distributing there own films in the cinema's. So the lack of western influence resulted in film quality dropping away from the 60's high points.

Besides, Toho not only own the movie theaters / cinemas, they also distribute the films in Japan themselves.

http://www.mutoresearch.net/

Project M.U.T.O? :odd:

Also "Godzilla" trailer to be shown with the Hobbit.... :D

@Jahgee1124 : Official:

1386624091000-GODZILLA-MOV-JY-2344-60434534.JPG

Last edited:
What? A trailer that doesn't reveal the entire plot?

Honestly, this looks pretty damn good. Looks like they're going for a darker tone, and I welcome it.

Saw the trailer tonight, first on before the Hobbit. My god that was incredible. This might very well be the first film I ever go and see more than once.

Don't jump your guns, lads.

Legendary may have produced the epic movie The Dark Knight, but let's not forget they also produced Pacific Rim. And the amount of terribles I could describe this movie with, do not fit in one post. Seriously, it was terrible.

Legendary may have produced the epic movie The Dark Knight, but let's not forget they also produced Pacific Rim. And the amount of terribles I could describe this movie with, do not fit in one post. Seriously, it was terrible.

I loved that film. For all its problems it was still a great tribute to the monster movie.

Pacific Rim though, was generally well received by the majority of reviewers. Something like Sucker Punch would have been a better example.

The only thing really going against this film being amazing is the director who has almost next to nothing under his belt. What he does have, however, is Monsters & that turned out to be a good film done on an incredibly low budget and effects by the director himself. His vision of Godzilla & background in special effects should hopefully bring something special.

Back