GODZILLA ~ Directed By Gareth Edwards ~ Release May 15, 2014

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 207 comments
See I've got all the Marvel movies and this on my radar, as well as Atlas Shrugged Part 3. As time goes on I am sure other films will catch my attention along the way, but I love movies and am a huge geek.

Getting really excited here :P. First movie since a long time, that I will see in the cinema (if you get good impressions).

But..but..but Guardians of the Galaxy. It has a talking raccoon with a penchant for humorously big guns and a giant plant man-thing who talks, sort of.

Have you ever read the comic of it from Marvel?

Also other than this and the Marvel movies and the next Hunger games movie later this year, Locke is the only other movie I'm looking forward too.

2015 is the year that most of the movies I've been waiting for come out.

Last edited:
Never mind thought you were poking fun as someone that didn't even know about the comics...
They all have histories too deep to quickly explain, Rocket and Groot the most.

I'm seriously looking forward to GotG after the first trailer. It could be Vin Diesel's toughest role to date. Instead of saying a lot without saying anything, he has to say very little while saying a lot.

They all have histories too deep to quickly explain, Rocket and Groot the most.

I'm seriously looking forward to GotG after the first trailer. It could be Vin Diesel's toughest role to date. Instead of saying a lot without saying anything, he has to say very little while saying a lot.

Yeah I think he can pull it off due to the whole Iron Giant thing, and you don't have to explain the histories to me I've read much of GotG though I'm looking far more forward to the new X-Men

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/02/japanese-fans-think-the-new-godzilla-is-fat
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/10/godzilla-creators-hes-not-fat
People are calling him fat. :lol:

Also,

original.jpg

BnDWoeSCUAAhTBC.jpg

Hmm, assigned seating? That normal over there or is that a special theatre?
They started doing it a year ago. Of course when me and my mates were at Pacific Rim in an empty cinema, we took the special Vip seats and no one cared :lol:

Never heard that, wonder why it would even be considered. So they can charge more for good seats?

Well this was a couple years back when my wife worked for them, the easiest explanation was that they were tired of a few lingering seats being empty for the big year movies (for example Godzilla this year). Since most people come to the movies in groups or couples those who come later on for such big opening weekends usually can't find seats together, and rather than sit in the few separate seats and not share the movie they usually wait or go somewhere else. Well that's lost revenue and due to that they were toying with the idea. I too worked there long ago before I met my wife and they were always annoyed by these issue in our district.

Also all the seats would have still been the same price, not sure why it never happened.

Last edited:
lost revenue

not sure why it never happened.

Yup...
That's why it never happened.
I am willing to bet they did just a little research and found that having a few wasted seats was nothing compared to the loss they would receive if they tried to make people sit in particular seats.
I'm willing to be 60-80% of all movie goers would go to a different theater if you tried to give them assigned seating- I know I would.

Yup...
I am willing to bet they did just a little research and found that having a few wasted seats was nothing compared to the loss they would receive if they tried to make people sit in particular seats.
I'm willing to be 60-80% of all movie goers would go to a different theater if you tried to give them assigned seating- I know I would.

Probably I wouldn't be surprised.

Yup...
Having worked in a theater running a test run on this, people don't mind assigned seating if they have the seats they want. But when the remaining assigned seating is in a seat they don't want they see something else, buy a later time, or leave.

Back