Going Faster - Journey from Beginner to Intermediate

• Thread starter Fosterions
  • 75 comments
The next day I tried another at Suzuka. Kept the same quali time which placed me 11th. Got up to 7th and was smacked off track by someone from a southern continent. Tried making my way from the back, but was rammed off the road every time I got alongside one of the backmarkers from.....a southern continent. Pictured race was fun and clean. The one the next day was a disaster.

Attachments

• 7EBD1D56-4947-4793-BBE5-E7CF5EFF064E.jpeg
    7EBD1D56-4947-4793-BBE5-E7CF5EFF064E.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 21
I pose the question of this post to those that are no longer here. To those that gave up and quit.

As I said at the beginning of this I have a little experience behind a wheel. Karting & and solo 1&2. And I did well in the little corners I did that in. There were wins, good fair competition. I haven’t done that in....Christ..... 17 years. The last racing game I played was PGR 2 and probably wasn’t very good at it. Regardless. In the back of my head, like many race fans, I’ve always had it in the back of my head if my parents had put me in a kart at the right age Villeneuve wouldn’t be the only Canadian world champ. And I have proof! I won some karting races in my early twenties. :boggled:

Did I expect to be competing with the worlds best? Yeah. If you have it in your head you’d be world champ if your early life went differently then it’s not a big leap in assuming you’d do well here. Clearly delusional.

All the work and practice I’ve put into this (about four months of daily driving, I’ve invested in getting better). I’ve watched the best and researched about going faster. And I have been getting faster than I was. Not a lot, incremental, but improvement. That brings me to tonight.

I’ve been enjoying Autopolis as a new track. Just trying to learn it myself. I’ve been doing well at the track in campaign in that I can win comfortably with clean bonuses. I was enjoying the track until tonight. Tonight I compared my fastest lap in the group 2 campaign to the top times in my region. Deafsun has the fastest time in qualifying in my region (maybe world, I dunno) and it is NINE ****ING SECONDS FASTER THAN MY FASTEST LAP in the campaign race. Nine ****ing seconds. I’m slow. Nine seconds in a 93 second lap?! In racing that’s enough time to read “War and Peace” and follow it up by writing an essay about Napoleon and hubris.

I’m clearly not as good as my fantasy has been telling me all my life and worse, I’m not faster than the ****ing scrubs that make playing Sport frustrating. And my practice isn’t helping me pull away. I thought I could practice my way out of being this slow and get to a point I’d be competitive enough to enjoy Sport. I don’t have to be tradin paint with Igor et al to just have fun, but nine ****ing seconds?! This is not progress.

One option is to hide in single player. I can beat the AI most of the time and it doesn’t make me feel like ****. Mostly when I forget how pathetic the AI is in this game according to those that are quick and stay out of online racing altogether. Can I keep doing that knowing that, ultimately, I suck? Play for the fun of it and still get fun out of it? That is the question I pose to those that quit and are no longer here and have to figure out for myself. Life is full of things to do, I may as well pick something that doesn’t make me feel like an untalented piece of crap while being punted by assholes in almost every corner right?

I’ve been enjoying Autopolis as a new track. Just trying to learn it myself. I’ve been doing well at the track in campaign in that I can win comfortably with clean bonuses. I was enjoying the track until tonight. Tonight I compared my fastest lap in the group 2 campaign to the top times in my region. Deafsun has the fastest time in qualifying in my region (maybe world, I dunno) and it is NINE ****ING SECONDS FASTER THAN MY FASTEST LAP in the campaign race. Nine ****ing seconds. I’m slow. Nine seconds in a 93 second lap?! In racing that’s enough time to read “War and Peace” and follow it up by writing an essay about Napoleon and hubris.

Watch his replay.

Once you've finished watching it. Watch it again.

Look at where he is braking. Look at the speed he is entering the corner with.

That will help you shave off time.

Watch his replay.

Once you've finished watching it. Watch it again.

Look at where he is braking. Look at the speed he is entering the corner with.

That will help you shave off time.

I did. Those replays don’t work for me because I don’t have an on-board with precise inputs. It was frustrating because other than a couple of turns he takes a deeper apex than I did his line looked like mine.

And if I’m getting better, or going to be better I think I should be better than nine seconds off without having to copy someone.

I did. Those replays don’t work for me because I don’t have an on-board with precise inputs. It was frustrating because other than a couple of turns he takes a deeper apex than I did his line looked like mine.

And if I’m getting better, or going to be better I think I should be better than nine seconds off without having to copy someone.
You know that you can bring up the full HUD when watching a replay?

It is less about copying somebody and more about understanding where they are finding the time. If you see that you can run a little wider out of 1 corner and carry and extra 5km/h on to a straight, that'll find you half a second.

If somebody is carrying a lot more speed through a corner, you can see how and when they used the brakes and try that out.

I race in a Sunday league who has quite a few aliens. If I don't know how they are doing said lap time, I'll ask them and then jump on their bonnet and find out what they are doing different to me.

It's not copying, it's learning. When you learn skiing, you watch how the instructor/friend instructor transfer his weight on the skis in the turns, how much pressure on the shins ou should put, what angle the legs should make with the slope etc. If you learn by youself you will ski terribly, back seat, wrong weight transfer etc...

Driving is a bit the same as skiing. There is a theory behing everything and every technique (when to brake, how to brake, when to accelerate, how to negociate off camber turns etc), and if you try to find how to be faster by yourself, you are essentially gonna have to redemonstrate/re experiment over 100 years of driving/racing history, or (in that case) many years of racing game theory on "how to be faster".

Once you start a replay if you press the circle button on your DS4 a menu will pop up on screen where you can change driving view, turn on HUD, fast forward, pause, rewind, etc. That will help you a lot when viewing replays. Also remember that at a track like Autopolis that has connecting corners sometimes you have to give up one corner to be faster in another corner which could shave massive time for you. I have not spent a lot of time there yet so I dont know if that holds true there. Lastly dont forget that being fast on a video game is far different than being fast in a real car. We lose so much input on a video game, we only have vision (2D at that), some computer generated steering feedback, and sound to help us "feel" what the car is telling us which is vastly limited to what a car can "say to us" in real life when driven in anger. The thing that really helped me get up to speed was spending a lot of time qualifying for one of the " daily" races. I often would drive 60-100 laps per day just qualifying and not even bothering to race for a week at a time. When you drive that many laps in one day you quickly learn that you didnt know the track as well as you thought you did. When you get back to it the next day you will most likely find our your lap times improve the next day after you have had time to sleep on that experience and brain has processed all of the info. I can usually get in the top 100, often the top 50 in our region if I work hard on a race which is all I can expect with my advancing age and far less than perfect vision. If you keep at it the speed will come. Also remember if you are racing AI you spend too much time dodging the AI to put in fast laps.

I pose the question of this post to those that are no longer here. To those that gave up and quit.

As I said at the beginning of this I have a little experience behind a wheel. Karting & and solo 1&2. And I did well in the little corners I did that in. There were wins, good fair competition. I haven’t done that in....Christ..... 17 years. The last racing game I played was PGR 2 and probably wasn’t very good at it. Regardless. In the back of my head, like many race fans, I’ve always had it in the back of my head if my parents had put me in a kart at the right age Villeneuve wouldn’t be the only Canadian world champ. And I have proof! I won some karting races in my early twenties. :boggled:

Did I expect to be competing with the worlds best? Yeah. If you have it in your head you’d be world champ if your early life went differently then it’s not a big leap in assuming you’d do well here. Clearly delusional.

All the work and practice I’ve put into this (about four months of daily driving, I’ve invested in getting better). I’ve watched the best and researched about going faster. And I have been getting faster than I was. Not a lot, incremental, but improvement. That brings me to tonight.

I’m clearly not as good as my fantasy has been telling me all my life and worse, I’m not faster than the ****ing scrubs that make playing Sport frustrating. And my practice isn’t helping me pull away. I thought I could practice my way out of being this slow and get to a point I’d be competitive enough to enjoy Sport. I don’t have to be tradin paint with Igor et al to just have fun, but nine ****ing seconds?! This is not progress.

One option is to hide in single player. I can beat the AI most of the time and it doesn’t make me feel like ****. Mostly when I forget how pathetic the AI is in this game according to those that are quick and stay out of online racing altogether. Can I keep doing that knowing that, ultimately, I suck? Play for the fun of it and still get fun out of it? That is the question I pose to those that quit and are no longer here and have to figure out for myself. Life is full of things to do, I may as well pick something that doesn’t make me feel like an untalented piece of crap while being punted by assholes in almost every corner right?
I'm right there with you. You can pull the hud on replays and pause rewind, switch views. That usually helps me alot. Fastest time in weekly race A is around 151(probably less now). I got a 203 as a best lap and a 209 for my best qualifying lap. I'm not sure how you play but I do know lots of folks will run qualifying laps for hours before racing, and perfect the lap etc... I usually get board after a few laps of anything. I'll run 2 or 3 qualifying laps then race once, then I'm pretty much done. I never really race enough to know any lap by heart. Plus I like to drink and drive. I use the map in the upper right corner alot and would like to stop but that requires a lot of time playing. I'm running a dr of 1 and a ds of 99. LOL. I am improving slowly(I started playing a few months after you) While I want to get better faster I dont really feel like running 20 laps in one sitting. I'm just saying I suck also so dont worry about it. Have fun, youll get better as time goes by.

Last edited:
If you're matching the leaderboard's replay, you should be hanging by a thread on every single exit, being thrown to the outer edge of the track. I usually only learn a few corners at that level and that's enough to keep me within 5 seconds of the regional leaderboard time. Pulling an optimum exit out of a corner usually feels like some kind of physics trick when I'm able to pull it off.

I know how you feel, that the experience from real life racing would somehow affect how good you are in this game.
Like you, I have background in motorsports, karting, trackdays and even competed in pro level drifting for 4 seasons.
I was quite fast in this game when started, but had played these since GT1 (became even faster when got wheel that was not broken)

I suggest that you throw everything that you remember how to drive karts etc to trash bin. Only the racecraft you learnt from those days is useful in this game.
Then learn how to play this game, from scratch. Just remember it's a game, had to remind me often about that. If it becomes too serious, take a break.

I take long time to qualify, to get good as possible place in grid. higher you are, cleaner it is. (usually anyways)
Also it takes some driving for me to get on speed, cant just jump on race and find the best pace.
Time takes its toll, I'm 42y old so warm up is needed :lol:

I’ve been enjoying Autopolis as a new track. Just trying to learn it myself. I’ve been doing well at the track in campaign in that I can win comfortably with clean bonuses. I was enjoying the track until tonight. Tonight I compared my fastest lap in the group 2 campaign to the top times in my region. Deafsun has the fastest time in qualifying in my region (maybe world, I dunno) and it is NINE ****ING SECONDS FASTER THAN MY FASTEST LAP in the campaign race.
Did you use Medium tyres in campaign mode? Even if you did, the car might be slower there than in Sport Mode qualifying mode, e.g. due to BoP, or it's known that the latter simulates the car's weight as if the tank was empty.

That said, Gr. 2 cars do require pushing very hard to go as fast as possible. It can be surprising how much time one can lose in corners, while feeling like it's about to go flying off. It takes a while to get a feeling for what's possible.

For improving, I can highly recommend participating in WRS time trial events: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-time-trials.117/ Some very fast people there, and one can learn a lot from them, either directly in the event discussion threads or watching their replays. I started just over a year ago, was originally placed in division 2 silver, have been promoted to division 1 silver, and it looks like I have a shot at getting to division 1 gold: http://wrs.gtplanet.net/driver/MrCooper77/ => http://wrs.gtplanet.net/registry/ => https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/official-gtsport-wrs-registry.372848/ . I was DR B when I started, now I'm at ~45K points and might have a shot at becoming A+ at some point. I spend about an hour each day participating in WRS events or practising otherwise.

Another recommendation is participating in FIA Nations/Manufacturers Cup races. Usually good racing with closely matched drivers, much more so than daily races.

I know how you feel, that the experience from real life racing would somehow affect how good you are in this game.
Like you, I have background in motorsports, karting, trackdays and even competed in pro level drifting for 4 seasons.
I was quite fast in this game when started, but had played these since GT1 (became even faster when got wheel that was not broken)

I suggest that you throw everything that you remember how to drive karts etc to trash bin. Only the racecraft you learnt from those days is useful in this game.
Then learn how to play this game, from scratch. Just remember it's a game, had to remind me often about that. If it becomes too serious, take a break.

I take long time to qualify, to get good as possible place in grid. higher you are, cleaner it is. (usually anyways)
Also it takes some driving for me to get on speed, cant just jump on race and find the best pace.
oh, your a youngster.

Thank you for the level headed responses guys. They are appreciated. And I didn't get a single, "yup you suck quit" so thanks for that! :cheers:

You know that you can bring up the full HUD when watching a replay?

It is less about copying somebody and more about understanding where they are finding the time. If you see that you can run a little wider out of 1 corner and carry and extra 5km/h on to a straight, that'll find you half a second.

If somebody is carrying a lot more speed through a corner, you can see how and when they used the brakes and try that out.

I race in a Sunday league who has quite a few aliens. If I don't know how they are doing said lap time, I'll ask them and then jump on their bonnet and find out what they are doing different to me.

Once you start a replay if you press the circle button on your DS4 a menu will pop up on screen where you can change driving view, turn on HUD, fast forward, pause, rewind, etc. That will help you a lot when viewing replays. Also remember that at a track like Autopolis that has connecting corners sometimes you have to give up one corner to be faster in another corner which could shave massive time for you. I have not spent a lot of time there yet so I dont know if that holds true there. Lastly dont forget that being fast on a video game is far different than being fast in a real car. We lose so much input on a video game, we only have vision (2D at that), some computer generated steering feedback, and sound to help us "feel" what the car is telling us which is vastly limited to what a car can "say to us" in real life when driven in anger. The thing that really helped me get up to speed was spending a lot of time qualifying for one of the " daily" races. I often would drive 60-100 laps per day just qualifying and not even bothering to race for a week at a time. When you drive that many laps in one day you quickly learn that you didnt know the track as well as you thought you did. When you get back to it the next day you will most likely find our your lap times improve the next day after you have had time to sleep on that experience and brain has processed all of the info. I can usually get in the top 100, often the top 50 in our region if I work hard on a race which is all I can expect with my advancing age and far less than perfect vision. If you keep at it the speed will come. Also remember if you are racing AI you spend too much time dodging the AI to put in fast laps.

AHA!! I had no idea the HUD was there! I knew you could change cameras, but I've found the replay useless because I've been unable to see the inputs. I did not know it was there because it was hidden by the replay controls until I hit "O", as you suggested thank you!, and lo and behold the angels sang upon me and the replay controls disappeared revealing the holy script of race data! I had no freaken idea. Grrrrr I'll own some of that as my stupidity, but also blame PD for poor usability, layering controls is a no-no. Probably in a manual somewhere, I'm of the belief if I have to use a manual for usability in a video game like this it ain't intuitive. I also have an issue where hitting square on the wheel changes the camera, but it does not when I do so on the DS4. Button seems to work elsewhere. Shrug. So yeah. Anyway. Minor epiphany there. This provides me with a pile of info I didn't know I had all along and I can now see very specific things that I can try and replicate, or train myself to do.

It's not copying, it's learning. When you learn skiing, you watch how the instructor/friend instructor transfer his weight on the skis in the turns, how much pressure on the shins ou should put, what angle the legs should make with the slope etc. If you learn by youself you will ski terribly, back seat, wrong weight transfer etc...

Driving is a bit the same as skiing. There is a theory behing everything and every technique (when to brake, how to brake, when to accelerate, how to negociate off camber turns etc), and if you try to find how to be faster by yourself, you are essentially gonna have to redemonstrate/re experiment over 100 years of driving/racing history, or (in that case) many years of racing game theory on "how to be faster".

I like this analogy. As someone who is learning to ice skate at a certain age what I have found is someone telling me what I need to do does not work as well as someone watching me and telling me what I'm doing wrong. These somewhat complex physical movements and reactions are an interesting study in transitioning knowledge from implicit to explicit, or as a lifelong skating friend said to me "my god, I have no idea what to tell you about how to skate backwards". So, I think to put eyes on myself I will need to save my replays and compare them to the faster ones. Especially now since I can see the bloody race info properly! And sharing them here has helped too.

If you're matching the leaderboard's replay, you should be hanging by a thread on every single exit, being thrown to the outer edge of the track. I usually only learn a few corners at that level and that's enough to keep me within 5 seconds of the regional leaderboard time. Pulling an optimum exit out of a corner usually feels like some kind of physics trick when I'm able to pull it off.

Interesting, a friend I used to kart with found that the real world experience translated well for him, and as I said at the beginning of this he thought it would for me and that has puzzled us both. The problem is my butt! I don't get to use my butt in the simulation and my ass has incredible car feel. It's what would have made me F1 champ.

If I'm honest with myself I think I'm trying to use the benefits of real world experience when they don't apply and not taking advantage of the simulation/game and it's part of my lack of speed. That doesn't make a lot of sense, maybe this example will help. I watched deafsun's video a few times last night, with race data!, and discovered in the group 2 car he is downshifting at or very close to the apex on a lot of the corners at Autopolis. It's giving him grip through the turn and or forward bite for coming out of the corner. Of course for the most part, we do not shift at the apex for real life (how my kid asks if something is for real). Maybe in this type of car we would? Sports cars generally no. You're just gonna upset it. Maybe with these fancy hyperfast transmissions it's not as much of an issue if the revs are close enough? Dunno, regardless if it's for real life or video game voodoo that is working for him on this circuit.

Since my previous problem has been braking and trail braking(getting better) my behaviour has been to slam down through the gears while braking in an engine destroying pattern, not matching the timing to anything except a rod shattering panic stop. Recently Kie had a video about a race where Igor was chasing him and he noted how Igor was using the lower gear to maintain/create that forward bite. I tried it a bit and it did work well for me. I watched a couple other videos, @daan's one of doing Dragon Trail Premium Lounge race at n200 has been a learning experience, and it's not just what gear to be in for each corner but WHEN to select that gear that seems to buy time. I've been downshifting inappropriately. It's a new technique so I'm still sloppy/having to untrain my muscle memory, but ultimately it has revealed to me I'm not using my transmission effectively. I did the endurance race at Autopolis last night and the first 15 laps I was a ragged mess in last trying some of approaches from deafsuns video then as I started to come to grips with the downshift timing I went on to win by considerably more than I have previously.

Did you use Medium tyres in campaign mode? Even if you did, the car might be slower there than in Sport Mode qualifying mode, e.g. due to BoP, or it's known that the latter simulates the car's weight as if the tank was empty.

That said, Gr. 2 cars do require pushing very hard to go as fast as possible. It can be surprising how much time one can lose in corners, while feeling like it's about to go flying off. It takes a while to get a feeling for what's possible.

For improving, I can highly recommend participating in WRS time trial events: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-time-trials.117/ Some very fast people there, and one can learn a lot from them, either directly in the event discussion threads or watching their replays. I started just over a year ago, was originally placed in division 2 silver, have been promoted to division 1 silver, and it looks like I have a shot at getting to division 1 gold: http://wrs.gtplanet.net/driver/MrCooper77/ => http://wrs.gtplanet.net/registry/ => https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/official-gtsport-wrs-registry.372848/ . I was DR B when I started, now I'm at ~45K points and might have a shot at becoming A+ at some point. I spend about an hour each day participating in WRS events or practising otherwise.

Another recommendation is participating in FIA Nations/Manufacturers Cup races. Usually good racing with closely matched drivers, much more so than daily races.

No, my settings were different, but I was aware of that. regardless of settings nine seconds was just too much time to blame on anything except being slow.

And yeah, unfortunately I think you and the others who mentioned it are right in that I should probably be participating in a community to learn, communities create knowledge faster than individuals after all, but if it weren't obvious there's a small pride issue here. My ego is probably gonna get butt hurt by racing publicly until I get myself to some arbitrary baseline like I dunno, crushing Kie's times consistently. :lol:

At this point, I now have a few tangibles to work on AND race data in replays. Literally a game changer. I changed a part of the game and it's different now. Game changer. Now that I can see the inputs/data in the replays I gave the Gr 2 race a go again trying some of the same things. Not the exact same parameters as what is in the video, but close enough that I should be able to find some of that nine seconds. What I have found in trying to match deafsun's corner speeds is that I am understeering off the track pretty quickly. So, I'm not doing something right, whether that's the gear choice, angle of approach or a bit of braking for stability I do not know. It's also quite possible the Group 2 is beyond my skill to drive near its limits right now. And this has made me realize I am applying the same driving style to each class of cars. I don't adapt to them, or take advantage of their abilities. This is having a pile of implications that I need to sort through. But I think I need to spend some time in slower cars and reaching their limits as spending time in the faster cars is just covering up what I'm not doing well with their better grip/acceleration/braking, you know, race car stuff. Too bad there isn't some sort of driving school that moves through levels and helps people improve with activities specific to their skill level....

This endeavor has not ended, but it has changed venues! I have switched to Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition and am absolutely loving it. I won't use this to poop on GT Sport because I have enjoyed it quite a bit playing daily for a long time until about a month ago. That said, AC is definitely the experience I am after and I like it better in almost every way by a very large margin, especially the driving/physics and force feedback. I like the graphics better as well, the scale and feel of the world is more immersive to me. The sound? Better. Almost everything is better to me. And that comparison is without all the content that AC has that I love that GT Sport does not. This road goes both ways of course ( I miss Interlagos and Suzuka, both available as mods on the PC I know... I know...) Enough comparing the game! This thread is supposed to be about moving from a beginner to an intermediate and the things I try and even manage to do. So, even though the below compares the two games in a way, it is not meant to be a comparison of them, rather my experience trying to get better through both.

If anyone has read this thread it is clear something wasn't clicking for me, track limits/using all the track and grip were just not coming to me. Part of this has to do with the physics and force feedback. In AC I am now getting feedback in the form of information that I can process and adapt to and that has been awesome. The learning and feedback loop is better for me in AC. A few people have mentioned the value in racing those that are faster and learning from them and they are, of course, 100% right. And I did try that with GT Sport. Oh how I tried. In comments above you will see me whining that I've watched a top ten replay and just can not replicate what is going on in the lap. Not even close. In AC I can. I don't know exactly why I can't in GT Sport, but I can in AC. I'm not saying I see an alien's lap and I can immediately replicate the time, but I can replicate the actions and the times are coming down as I get better. For example, I am approximately three seconds off the top time at Monza in the 911 Cup car without applying a tune. In GT Sport I was seven to eight seconds, or worse, off of top times with a lot more time spent trying to improve and it felt futile most of the time.

A huge part of me getting better in AC is the AI. It is not without it's flaws, but it's absolutely incredible in relation to GT Sport's unequivocally embarrassingly brutally bad AI. I have a hunch that even when set to Very Easy in AC the AI is not only not stupid, but still faster than the GT Sport AI set to Professional. I may do a comparison at Austria if I care enough to boot up GT Sport to see how Very Easy compares to Professional in a custom race in GT. Anyway, as someone who does not race online having an opponent that is not downright stupid, or evil such as online opponents, or slow has been invaluable. Don't misread this, I am not saying AC's AI is good because GT Sports is so bad, it stands on it's own as a decent AI most of the time and provides a challenge to learn from. The AI doesn't brake hard on the apex, it follows a racing line, it even has some awareness of you! The other thing that has helped is the challenges in AC are truly hard and require you to get better (fast). In GT Sport, you can gold all the challenges/tracks and still get crushed online (be slow). I am proof of that. GT Sport challenges will help you learn and get better if you're new, they won't make you fast though.

What I've been doing is setting up a race weekend, lovely game mode in AC, at each track in the MB 190E EVO II vs 14 opponents of the same class. I started at Very Easy and barely won with my GT Sport level skillz. As the game came to me, started clicking, I got much faster quickly and as I win each race I move up a difficulty level. I am now almost through all the tracks at Medium difficulty and at most tracks I'm crushing the AI. Starting Hard soon.

I share this experience for those that are following this path where GT is your simcade gateway drug into sim racing. In the next year I'll be building a PC and full rig. No question, AC has made it feel more than worth the money whereas GT Sport made me feel that investment would be questionable (especially since I suck at it). And for those of you that prefer to play offline with a wheel give AC a shot. Unless there's content that GT Sport has that you must have, for me ACU has more of that than GT Sport does, give AC a proper try. It's incredible.

I am going to continue this in a measured way, not sure exactly how or where yet. The AC community here is a bit smaller than Race Department. Thank you for all the help folks! It's been funstrating! :crazy::cheers::D

Last edited:
I like AC for the old m3 evo quick race at Mugello. Also the black open wheel formula car at Mugello. Did I mention Mugello?
If you were seven or eight seconds from top daily race times that is what it is.
If you haven’t tried this weeks daily with the 356 speedster at Brands Indy and if you enjoy driving you should give some time trials a go sans aids.
Good luck with PC gaming!
Hope you enjoy troubleshooting!
LOL I JEST!
Best wishes and hope you find what makes you happy!
:gtpflag:

I like AC for the old m3 evo quick race at Mugello. Also the black open wheel formula car at Mugello. Did I mention Mugello?

Mugello is a blast, actually, all the tracks in ACU on console are decent and well done.

If you were seven or eight seconds from top daily race times that is what it is.
If you haven’t tried this weeks daily with the 356 speedster at Brands Indy and if you enjoy driving you should give some time trials a go sans aids.

Yeah, like I said above, the playing field is level and I take ownership of it. I am slow on GT Sport and that's on me. I can couch my excuses in GT Sports flaws, and there are some there, but regardless, the playing field is level and I didn't git gud. I am getting better in AC so there's that for whatever reason.

I didn't drive with aids in GT Sport except ABS to Default or Weak. That was it... except for TCS1 on the P1 GTR, MB F1 car and old F1 car.

Good luck with PC gaming!
Hope you enjoy troubleshooting!
LOL I JEST!
Best wishes and hope you find what makes you happy!
:gtpflag:

I do worry about the troubleshooting. I have been a lifelong console gamer for two reasons, the first is my previous attempts at PC gaming were always met with a pile of troubleshooting. For the most part consoles are plug and play, plug the game in and play! The second is I've spent too much of my career troubleshooting computers that I don't want to do it as part of a hobby. My hope is that it won't be too bad. Right now AC looks worth the effort to me.

Back