Gold on Easy on Tsukuba Human Comedy

• Thread starter Barareklam
  • 23 comments
Sweden
Sweden, Gothenburg
Highlanderlast
Have anyone got gold on Tsukuba on Human Comedy, while difficulty is on Easy and AI is driving 57.xxx laps?

And if you did, what was your strategy and tune setup?

Someone might correct me here, but the difficulty level you select in Options doesn’t affect the difficulty of any Chilli Race. They’re predetermined, from one chilli being the easiest, up to the highest difficulty with most chillis.

These races are the same difficulty for all of us, regardless of whether we’ve selected Easy, Normal or Hard.

When you don’t see any chillis on a race thumbnail, the difficulty level you’ve selected will become relevant. For example, the WTC races.

As for strategy, get the basics right first. Make sure you’re good at Tsukuba in general. Put some time into Circuit Experience if you haven’t already. If you can develop a good understanding of the track it will go a long way towards you being fast during the actual endurance race.

Tsukuba is made a lot easier by the fact that the AI is terrible at changing tyres constantly depending on how wet the track is, I gained a whole lap on them just from that. Intermediate tyres are your friend in that race, along with giving a car some more power up to the PP limit.

I won this quite easily (after failing 3 times using stock Mazda Touring Car with RH) Kokubun's car is very fast - he is capable of recording sub 1-min laps.

Here's my tune:

20220507_084656.jpg

20220507_084705.jpg

Adjusted Ratios:

20220507_091508.jpg

Now I'm capable of 59 second laps:

20220507_084759.jpg

Very simple strategy:

• Fuel Map 1 for the whole race.
  • 4 Pit stops

Pit 1: Racing Medium Tyres / Full Tank
Pit 2: Racing Medium Tyres / Full Tank (there will be a little rain but its fine)
Pit 3: Intermediates / Full Tank (Perfect weather for Intermediates and start of Heavy Rain)
Pit 4: Intermediates / Full Tank (you will face some heavy rain but DO NOT switch to Heavy Wet tyres as this rain is not around for too long - you will lose more time changing to/from Wet Tyres and it won't save you much time during the wet laps. You could lose a minute changing Tyres to gain maybe 10 seconds using Heavy Wet. Not worth it). Intermediates will be a little slower, but they will get you through the end of the race. This is where Kokubun loses the race, he switches to WET then goes back to SOFT - You stay Intermediates, do slower laps, but save 2 Pit stops.

When Kokubun goes into final Pit for Racing Soft, you can maybe switch to Fuel Map 6 just to avoid any last lap fuel issues.

Easy win:

20220507_084750.jpg

Aids: I only use TC1 / Difficulty: Normal / Transmission: Automatic.

The tune is very important - my car is very quick in the corners, top speed is low but enough for the Tskuba straight.

Last edited:
I finally won gold. Thanks for support. I think problem was mainly in my not so skilled driving. When I practiced enough to drive majority of laps 1:01 time, I won the race.
Anyhow, I thought maybe my question was misunderstood, because I read if we select easy difficulty, then AI is much faster, and if we select hard (difficult) then AI is slower. So I just took for granted that most people were winning gold on "difficult" where AI laps for 0:59:9
Anyone is winning gold when AI laps 0:57:* ?

I won this quite easily (after failing 3 times using stock Mazda Touring Car with RH) Kokubun's car is very fast - he is capable of recording sub 1-min laps.

Here's my tune:

View attachment 1147380

View attachment 1147381

Adjusted Ratios:

View attachment 1147390

View attachment 1147382

Very simple strategy:

• 4 Pit stops

Pit 2: Racing Medium Tyres / Full Tank (there will be a little rain but its fine)
Pit 3: Intermediates / Full Tank (Perfect weather for Intermediates and start of Heavy Rain)
Pit 4: Intermediates / Full Tank (you will face some heavy rain but DO NOT switch to Heavy Wet tyres as this rain is not around for too long - you will lose more time changing to/from Wet Tyres and it won't save you much time during the wet laps. You could lose a minute changing Tyres to gain maybe 10 seconds using Heavy Wet. Not worth it). Intermediates will be a little slower, but they will get you through the end of the race. This is where Kokubun loses the race, he switches to WET then goes back to SOFT - You stay Intermediates, do slower laps, but save 2 Pit stops.

When Kokubun goes into final Pit for Racing Soft, you can maybe switch to Fuel Map 6 just to avoid any last lap fuel issues.

Easy win:

View attachment 1147383

The tune is very important - my car is very quick in the corners, top speed is low but enough for the Tskuba straight.
I followed your instruction and won it nicely. It helped that the 2 car ahead pited 3 times each in the last 5 minutes of the race.

Here's my tune:

View attachment 1147380

View attachment 1147381

Adjusted Ratios:

View attachment 1147390

View attachment 1147382

Very simple strategy:

• 4 Pit stops

Easy win:

View attachment 1147383

I just don't get it!
This tune is the 4th different tune I have tried and I still don't even get close to winning. I have tried over 10 times... 10 hours of hectic racing with no reward... so frustrating... anyway, here's a pic of my result using your tune. BTW, I'm not on easy difficulty!
IMG_1801.JPEG

Here's my tune:

View attachment 1147380

View attachment 1147381

Adjusted Ratios:

View attachment 1147390

View attachment 1147382

Very simple strategy:

• 4 Pit stops

Easy win:

View attachment 1147383

That's on hard difficulty. On Easy FL is a high 0:56 by the AI. Difficulty is reversed for this race and the OP wants to know if it is possible to win on 'Easy' difficulty with the AI doing 57s laps.

Weather is also variable so any preset strategy likely won't turn out the same. But you can indeed skip the heavy wets as even when the heavy rain lasts long, the only 'downfall' to intermediates is keeping you speed under 215 kph to avoid hydroplaning. Which is quite easy at Tsukaba, not a lot of space to go faster anyway.

That's on hard difficulty. On Easy FL is a high 0:56 by the AI. Difficulty is reversed for this race and the OP wants to know if it is possible to win on 'Easy' difficulty with the AI doing 57s laps.

Weather is also variable so any preset strategy likely won't turn out the same. But you can indeed skip the heavy wets as even when the heavy rain lasts long, the only 'downfall' to intermediates is keeping you speed under 215 kph to avoid hydroplaning. Which is quite easy at Tsukaba, not a lot of space to go faster anyway.
It was on normal difficulty.

But, yeah, sorry - I didn't realise that Easy was bugged to be even more difficult, recently discovered it reading the forums.

It was on normal difficulty.

But, yeah, sorry - I didn't realise that Easy was bugged to be even more difficult, recently discovered it reading the forums.
That's even weirder, normal and hard practically the same? Easy 3 sec per lap faster AI. I was doing it on easy first and got lapped not far into the race with at AI already at a 56.9 FL. On hard the AI did 59.7 FL but mostly stayed just above 1 minute.

I just don't get it!
This tune is the 4th different tune I have tried and I still don't even get close to winning. I have tried over 10 times... 10 hours of hectic racing with no reward... so frustrating... anyway, here's a pic of my result using your tune. BTW, I'm not on easy difficulty!View attachment 1150061
I tried even more times than you. Finally practiced my driving skills enough to have good lap times and won it.
Strategy was to drive on fuel map 3 first two stints, and then changed to intermediate tires last two stints. I went into pit second time after rain Meter (Humidity meter?) , or what is its name, the meter on left side of screen, showed over first third. Fuel map 3 until heavy rain, then on heavy rain fuel map 6 and traction control 3, and then when it dried up, kinda last 8 laps, fuel map 1 and traction control 1.
Car tune comes originally from Praiano63, but I couldn't win with his tune so I made some adjustments. Try and let us know if it help you win it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220515_161245_edit_135905311759469.jpg
    IMG_20220515_161245_edit_135905311759469.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_20220515_161228_edit_135928307072487.jpg
    IMG_20220515_161228_edit_135928307072487.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 168
I have the impression that much of the strategy in this race dependes on whether the AI pits in several times. I managed to get the gold yesterday on my fourth attempt and it was the first where the AI pitted for 6 or 7 times (and by AI I refer to the Japanese drivers who usually finish in the podium)! Before that, in one of the races, the AI pitted just twice, which made it impossible to win.

Anyway, my strategy was as follows (racing on hard difficulty):

Laps 1 to 22/23: fuel map between 4 and 6, hard tires;
Laps 23 to 40 ish: fuel map between 4 and 6, intermediate tires all the way (here the AI pitted quite frequently);
Laps 43/44 to 55: fuel map 1, speed all the way, hard tires. The AI pitted for 2 or 3 times, which made the final laps quite easy.

Finished 1st 33 seconds ahead of 2nd place.

Here's my tune:

View attachment 1147380

View attachment 1147381

Adjusted Ratios:

View attachment 1147390

View attachment 1147382

Very simple strategy:

• 4 Pit stops

Easy win:

View attachment 1147383

Thanks a lot for sharing your setup and strategy. Made me finally get gold in this challenge. You made my day!

That's even weirder, normal and hard practically the same? Easy 3 sec per lap faster AI. I was doing it on easy first and got lapped not far into the race with at AI already at a 56.9 FL. On hard the AI did 59.7 FL but mostly stayed just above 1 minute.
I presume whatever modifier they are trying to use to make the AI slower in the Easy race is being applied backwards. 🤷‍♂️

Beautiful tune, car feels and drives great, but the strategy didn't work for me. After 2nd pitstop with RMs I couldn't make most of the turns on wet tarmac, so decided to switch to inters on 2nd pit, 3rd pit as well and playing a little bit with fuel maps after 3rd pit I was able to stay on those tires to the end. So 3 pits RM-IM-IM, always full tank. That worked for me.

My fastest lap was 59.095 (using some drafts)

Last edited:
Someone might correct me here, but the difficulty level you select in Options doesn’t affect the difficulty of any Chilli Race. They’re predetermined, from one chilli being the easiest, up to the highest difficulty with most chillis.

These races are the same difficulty for all of us, regardless of whether we’ve selected Easy, Normal or Hard.

When you don’t see any chillis on a race thumbnail, the difficulty level you’ve selected will become relevant. For example, the WTC races.
That is how they claim/suggest it works, but PD being PD, they seem to have borked it. Difficulty demonstrably affects at least some of the chilli races, and in some events, the wrong way around with easy being hard and vice versa.

That is how they claim/suggest it works, but PD being PD, they seem to have borked it. Difficulty demonstrably affects at least some of the chilli races, and in some events, the wrong way around with easy being hard and vice versa.
Hmm. How odd. Thanks for the info. Maybe it was the same guy at PD responsible for some of the PP shenanigans that had a bad day!

Great example of logic vs PD logic.

Something seems to have changed with this Mission. It's become kinda tough.

My tune above was capable of 59:XXX laps and around 16 laps before refuelling.

The same tune is now 603PP and returning 12 laps of fuel, in turn skewing the strategy.

Kokubun is very fast on all tyres. When he gets ahead, the gap continues to open (hard to push because fuel saving is a factor), when he is behind (regardless of tyre/stage of race) he is always closing the gap.

Think this is second only to Maggiore right now.

Not quite sure how Kokubun is so fast.

Last edited:
Something seems to have changed with this Mission. It's become kinda tough.

My tune above was capable of 59:XXX laps and around 16 laps before refuelling.

The same tune is now 603PP and returning 12 laps of fuel, in turn skewing the strategy.

Kokubun is very fast on all tyres. When he gets ahead, the gap continues to open (hard to push because fuel saving is a factor), when he is behind (regardless of tyre/stage of race) he is always closing the gap.

Think this is second only to Maggiore right now.

Not quite sure how Kokubun is so fast.
Cheating AKA boost AKA fuel and tyres not depleting the same as yours.

Last edited:
Cheating AKA boost AKA fuel and tyres not depleting the same as yours.
Yeah I gathered what you meant pre-edit.

In any race against the AI there's usually a window to win the race, not quite sure where it is in this one. Unlike Maggiore you can't get to 1st on Tsukuba in 2-3 laps. The fuel depletion is the conundrum. You can't go full power as you'll pit more than Kokubun who is generally lapping faster than everyone anyway and still manages to go a lap or 2 more than the player.

Last edited:

Here's my tune:

View attachment 1147380

View attachment 1147381

Adjusted Ratios:

View attachment 1147390

View attachment 1147382

Very simple strategy:

• 4 Pit stops

Easy win:

View attachment 1147383

Older post, but thanks for this info. I copied your build and was running 59s with a few 58s mixed in. 👍🏼🤘🏻

Back