Golding everything with a pad.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Widowmaker00
  • 22 comments
  • 2,243 views
Messages
120
Anyone else golding the whole game with a pad?

I already have all the licenses and special events (except X2010) golded, and now I just unlocked endurance races so I'm working on them.
 
I don't think anyone has, I haven't seen one pad user get a gold on all of the X2010 events.
 
I am pretty sure someone golded everything with a pad (except for the X2010 events maybe).

I for myself completed all licenses, special events (still at level 29, so no X2010 yet) and all races including extreme races (not FGT championshipt yet, still waiting for a chance to save during a championship). So it isn't very difficult to achieve.
 
FGT, could not for the life of me place better than fourth and that was my best by far. Golds on the rest of a-spec except for one endurance I wasn't paying attention to and lost by a couple seconds (I had parked my miata).
Silvers on most license except first group and silvers/gold on the special events. I feel pads are a lot harder to squeeze the last few tenths/seconds out of a car. The switchbacks are the toughest for me to accurately control the car/pad. Tracking out/squeezing the throttle is also tougher considering you only have ~2/3" of movement vs a wheel.
I will breakdown at some point and get a wheel but not quite yet.
 
Im hopefully going to have golded everything WITH the x2010 included :), today! :D
 
Anyone else golding the whole game with a pad?

I already have all the licenses and special events (except X2010) golded, and now I just unlocked endurance races so I'm working on them.

Sorry to be that guy, but golding the Vettel challenge is more difficult than golding ALL the races in addition to licenses and all other special events. You'll see.
 
I see no problem there because all driving aids (skid recovery) are alowed and you can tune you car to max...

Haven´t played the X2010 event so I don´t know about that event but the other A-Spec events are no problem to gold, even for arcade fans...

Gold means nothing more in GT5... In GT4 you could say "I golded everything" and can be proud about that...
 
I have the licenses, A-spec events apart from endurance, and most of the special events Golded.

The Vettel challenge was the only place where I was struggling to get bronze:ouch: It's almost impossible with the controller.
 
i golded everything with the pad so far (barring the x12010 which i did with a wheel), i cant see anything else troubling me, i only have a few endurance races to go!
 
I've golded everything so far except for the X1 challenges and the later endurance races (which are a matter of time, not skill). It wasn't really that difficult aside from some relatively challenging license events.
 
I've golded everything with a pad apart from the X Challenge (Which I'll never do) and the Level 33 - 40 Endurance races, which are just a matter of time.
 
60 license golds, got 10 special event trophies left (9 amg, 1 alfa 8c @ eiger) as well as all bronze in x2010, and a few endurances to go. Should be able to get all gold except the x2010 challenge.
 
I have golded most events with a pad. Working my way through the special events but I am having problems with the AMG Academy lot and in International B license, can only manage silvers so far.
 
I had the most problems golding the first amg challenges and that was it. All the license tests and other challenges were not a problem. I thought the super license was a joke and the wet amg challenges I beat all on the first try. I am eager to see how hard the X really is.
 
I plan on doing this... Just have a lot of work to do seeing as I am only level 28.. I actually enjoy racing with the pad.. although, I haven't tried the wheel yet.
 
I am only level 25 and it seems I am running out of events to race in (except all endurances).
 
You can gold everything except the X challenge with a controller.
I couldn't even get a bronze on them, so I had to grab out my DFEX to do them. Four hours and gold on Monza and bronzes on Nürburgring GP and Suzuka. Had most problems with Nürb, but Monza and Suzuka were successful on the first complete run (though took over 40 minutes each to complete the two whole laps). Second successful on Monza and .223 seconds from gold -.-

But apart from the X challenge, you can gold the events. You may encounter problems with Alfa @ Eiger and the AMG events though.
 
You can gold everything except the X challenge with a controller.

The X2010 events can be golded with the pad. See the user Tidgney up there? He already has gold on the first 2 events. In Suzuka, he has first and second laps that are gold worthy he just has to get em in the same run.

I too am working on getting all gold on these. I've got Suzuka left to do. And then outside of Suzuka Vettel challenge, the only gold medals I don't have are the 24h A-Spec races.
 
The X2010 events can be golded with the pad. See the user Tidgney up there? He already has gold on the first 2 events. In Suzuka, he has first and second laps that are gold worthy he just has to get em in the same run.

I too am working on getting all gold on these. I've got Suzuka left to do. And then outside of Suzuka Vettel challenge, the only gold medals I don't have are the 24h A-Spec races.

You guys need to get a statue when you're done with the Vettel challenge, I bought a wheel, just for the challenge, haven't used my wheel for anything else yet...

Golded everything so far with a DS3, except Vettel, I used my DFGT.
 
I use a DS3.
I gave up trying to get gold on the license tests once I realized they were pretty much meaningless. Yes, I appreciate they are an important training tool for the uninitiated, but I mean like they were before (to progress/unlock races). I'm sure if I stuck at them I would get gold on them all eventually.
I have gold on all races except FGT and some endurances.
I have gold on most Special Events, but can't see how I would get gold (or even silver) on the Vettel challenge :mad:
 
Golding everything is possible with a DS3. In relative terms, the races are easy if you have the time, the FGT championship isn't too hard, the licences are pretty doable with a bit of time invested, the almost all special events are fairly easy, but the S.Vettel Challenge is almost impossible to gold with a DS3.
 
You guys need to get a statue when you're done with the Vettel challenge, I bought a wheel, just for the challenge, haven't used my wheel for anything else yet...

Golded everything so far with a DS3, except Vettel, I used my DFGT.

hahahaha would love that eh :D.

The X2010 events can be golded with the pad. See the user Tidgney up there? He already has gold on the first 2 events. In Suzuka, he has first and second laps that are gold worthy he just has to get em in the same run.

I too am working on getting all gold on these. I've got Suzuka left to do. And then outside of Suzuka Vettel challenge, the only gold medals I don't have are the 24h A-Spec races.

Yup and my nerves just got the better of me was on a cracking gold, last chicane last lap on for a 1:03.6... Boom slightly touched grass bam fail. Damn my heart racing at 300 beats a minute or w/e on that last chicane!!!!
 
Back