Goodwood 5-3 X10'

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by BHRxRacer, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Blank_Redge

Blank_Redge

Cheers for all the helpful posts in the thread! :)

Sat down last night, determined to best this one. After a good hour and change of restarts, FINALLY got my one clean run in at 30.5xx, using the DS3 controller.

You'll please forgive me if I'm not in a hurry to try besting that time. :p

2. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

YES! Finally!!

Thanks Dennis!! Your settings worked for me!

Cheers all!

:)

3. dynasty_dennis

dynasty_dennis

Hey, you are welcome :) ! Glad it worked for you :tup:

4. -ultraflow-

-ultraflow-

+1 :tup:

Thanks, also worked for me ...

dynasty_dennis likes this.
  5. alex1369

alex1369

It took me 10min to complete the Goodwood X1. But i only made it to finish twice but gold. With DS3

6. Rayquaza

Rayquaza

Thanks Dennis, your settings saved me more hours of useless attempts, tried like 10x with your settings and aced it!

7. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

I use DS3 and it took me like 20 tries I remember. I thought it would be impossible like GT5's RB challenge, but it's really not that impossible. What makes it "easier" is that the track is really short, so you don't run the risk of making as many mistakes as in a full sized track.

It was a terrible experience though. This is definitely not a matter of skill or driving, but it feels more like if you're dodging every turn. Almost like playing an 80's arcade space ship scroll shooter.

TexRex likes this.
  8. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

Ds3 controller users put on all assists and put the steering sensitivity on Max

9. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

I find that steering sensitivity at -1 works the best. I don't use assists as these do nothing but slow your car, especially TSC and Stability Control.

spencer7x7 likes this.
  10. spencer7x7

spencer7x7

I personally used no assists and 0 sensitivity, the X2010 is pretty easy to handle, and the challenge is easier than I thought.

11. Rhykus Finlay

Rhykus Finlay

You guys had trouble with that challenge? Some of these yeah (hated the Aston Martin One to be honest) but I nailed the thing on my first try, it was so much fun to hear the engine and everything with it.

12. TheProRacer

TheProRacer

Traction Control: 1
    ABS: 2
    Steering Sensitivity: 5

Make sure you take note of throttle control.

13. GBalao888

GBalao888

In my opinion, the Goodwood Festival of Speed events are somehow slightly easy, but where it starts to get hard is the event with the X2010. I mean really, as a speed record-designed fan car in real life would be very dangerous to drive in real life, as mistakes are very likely. The roads are narrow and the grass is wide, making it easy to drive into the grass and make a mistake with the X2010. Also, the barriers are very short, so be very careful and don't be nervous to drive on it.

14. afbarnes

afbarnes

im not joking i spent a good hour on that one event doing it over and over and over and over, till i finally golded it, to receive a GT by Citroen was a bit of a disappointment...

15. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Yeah. It should switch place with XNR.

16. afbarnes

afbarnes

The odd pink concept car? I think you win it from something else? because i remember winning one at one point haha

17. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

I meant that the XNR is win through 4th goodwood series while the GT Citroen is 5th. They should switch places to make sense.

18. afbarnes

afbarnes

ohhhhh yeah that would make more sense hahaha :p

19. djwalt225

djwalt225

I know this is a copout, but I've been trying to complete this event for almost 2 years now. Does anybody in live in the Tampa Florida area and want to make $20 for 30seconds of game play?

chillmazta and jayfinch like this.
  20. PletdeKoe

PletdeKoe

Yeah sure! If you could pay for my plane ticket to travel from amsterdam I'd love to come by, win that race and then enjoy a nice holliday.

Let me know

21. Marc30599

Marc30599

Lol it's got that bad?

22. djwalt225

djwalt225

Yep!

Marc30599 likes this.
  23. Mt. Lynx

Mt. Lynx Premium

I suspect you use a DS3? Buy a wheel, that's cheaper than flying someone in from the Netherlands... ;-)