Goodwood 5-3 X10'

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 352 comments
Cheers for all the helpful posts in the thread! :)

Sat down last night, determined to best this one. After a good hour and change of restarts, FINALLY got my one clean run in at 30.5xx, using the DS3 controller.

You'll please forgive me if I'm not in a hurry to try besting that time. :P

I :censored:ING FINALLY MADE IT !!!

Jesus, after trying this a million times like many others, I finally golded this event today (30.856) ! The key for me was to set the CSS to 5 (I'm playing with DS3). (I tried 0 but it was too tough to control and 7 was too sensitive for me.)

My other settings were:

AS: Strong
TC: 1
ASM: On
ABS: 1

Maybe it's useful for those who are still struggling with this event.

YES! Finally!!

Thanks Dennis!! Your settings worked for me!

Cheers all!

:)

I use DS3 and it took me like 20 tries I remember. I thought it would be impossible like GT5's RB challenge, but it's really not that impossible. What makes it "easier" is that the track is really short, so you don't run the risk of making as many mistakes as in a full sized track.

It was a terrible experience though. This is definitely not a matter of skill or driving, but it feels more like if you're dodging every turn. Almost like playing an 80's arcade space ship scroll shooter.

You guys had trouble with that challenge? Some of these yeah (hated the Aston Martin One to be honest) but I nailed the thing on my first try, it was so much fun to hear the engine and everything with it.

In my opinion, the Goodwood Festival of Speed events are somehow slightly easy, but where it starts to get hard is the event with the X2010. I mean really, as a speed record-designed fan car in real life would be very dangerous to drive in real life, as mistakes are very likely. The roads are narrow and the grass is wide, making it easy to drive into the grass and make a mistake with the X2010. Also, the barriers are very short, so be very careful and don't be nervous to drive on it.

im not joking i spent a good hour on that one event doing it over and over and over and over, till i finally golded it, to receive a GT by Citroen was a bit of a disappointment...

im not joking i spent a good hour on that one event doing it over and over and over and over, till i finally golded it, to receive a GT by Citroen was a bit of a disappointment...
Yeah. It should switch place with XNR.

The odd pink concept car? I think you win it from something else? because i remember winning one at one point haha
I meant that the XNR is win through 4th goodwood series while the GT Citroen is 5th. They should switch places to make sense.

Yeah sure! If you could pay for my plane ticket to travel from amsterdam I'd love to come by, win that race and then enjoy a nice holliday.

Let me know

I know this is a copout, but I've been trying to complete this event for almost 2 years now. Does anybody in live in the Tampa Florida area and want to make $20 for 30seconds of game play?
I suspect you use a DS3? Buy a wheel, that's cheaper than flying someone in from the Netherlands... ;-)

Back