Goodwood 5-3 X10'

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 352 comments
Tried this for the first time yesterday and gave it up as a lost cause when I couldn't get beyond the 1st corner! Decided to persevere today and after about 10 attempts, finally got past the final corner only to hit the wall on the straight (yeah, 50 yards from the line lol)..a few more attempts, then hit the same wall again and almost gave up.

With a DS3, tcs 5, finally managed a completed lap with a time of 1:31:9...then, on the very next attempt, managed to improve by 1.5 seconds to give me the gold by 1/2 second. Only took me 10 minutes in total but am now completely shattered lol. Had to have the steering sensitivity at 0 as any higher and I couldn't control it...needed some manhandling of the stick mind. I can safely say this is my greatest GT achievement to date...am even tempted to go back to GT5 and try the Vettel Challenge....or not!

It's quite funny and interesting to see how different the settings are which people use to achieve gold :) ...

Agreed. Different people have different controllers, different reaction times, different driving styles and some, like me, just aren't as young as they wish they were :P

Tried this for the first time yesterday and gave it up as a lost cause when I couldn't get beyond the 1st corner! Decided to persevere today and after about 10 attempts, finally got past the final corner only to hit the wall on the straight (yeah, 50 yards from the line lol)..a few more attempts, then hit the same wall again and almost gave up.

With a DS3, tcs 5, finally managed a completed lap with a time of 1:31:9...then, on the very next attempt, managed to improve by 1.5 seconds to give me the gold by 1/2 second. Only took me 10 minutes in total but am now completely shattered lol. Had to have the steering sensitivity at 0 as any higher and I couldn't control it...needed some manhandling of the stick mind. I can safely say this is my greatest GT achievement to date...am even tempted to go back to GT5 and try the Vettel Challenge....or not!
Brake in a straight line, clip the apex and floor it. Lift, aim for the next apex and floor it. Brake as early as you can for the heavy braking zone, rotate the car slowly and floor it as soon as the nose is 45 degrees to the right side of the grass. After that just go through the barriers without touching them.

Brake in a straight line, clip the apex and floor it. Lift, aim for the next apex and floor it. Brake as early as you can for the heavy braking zone, rotate the car slowly and floor it as soon as the nose is 45 degrees to the right side of the grass. After that just go through the barriers without touching them.

Good advice. What I can say is that with that machine, knowing what to do and executing it are 2 very different things lol

28.813 with a DS3 after about 10 minutes (bog standard sensitivity (2?)), it feels so much better than on GT5. It actually took nearly an hour to get the Aston and X-Bow ones though :/

28.813 with a DS3 after about 10 minutes (bog standard sensitivity (2?)), it feels so much better than on GT5. It actually took nearly an hour to get the Aston and X-Bow ones though :/
The Aston Martin one was hardest for me. It took me about 10 minutes. Did the others in 1-5 tries.

Don't give up guys. I just managed it after two hours and honestly about 200 restarts. DS3, time of 30.5ish. Reason I'm so rubbish at it is that I never drove them in GT5 at all, my hatred for them is legendary. Keep trying, persevere.

Don't use the wheel, use the pad, and brake gently and early, and go around the corners slow.

You'll get gold very easily after a few attempts. You don't need to go flat-chat like you do in most of the other climbs.

If you can make it to the finish line, getting a gold time is actually quite easy. Take it easy round the first couple of corners and dont get on the power too early or you'll go off track. Brake nice and early for the sharp left hander aswell.

Pain to get to the finish since if you tap a wall it's all over, guess tapping at 200mph + will do that :/ lol. I got 29.4XX, dpad and face buttons

What? where are my pricecars? i have gold in every Goodwood events and no prices from any of five steps. Why? Do i have to be online or is there some other trick?

If you can make it to the finish line, getting a gold time is actually quite easy. Take it easy round the first couple of corners and dont get on the power too early or you'll go off track. Brake nice and early for the sharp left hander aswell.

Yeah, I think this is the key. 👍

Everyone seems to have a tendency to try to floor it at the start to get a good time but actually the key seems to be to drive smoothly on most of these events and for me the most important thing of all was braking REALLY early for the left hander. Admittedly I have to admit to being a rubbish driver such that I have to use aids just to be able to drive in a straight line, but I managed to get a gold with my DFGT wheel with about my 3rd clean run. For anyone having difficulty with this last event (or any of the others), keep persevering and you will get there :cheers:

[/quote]

I can safely say this is my greatest GT achievement to date...am even tempted to go back to GT5 and try the Vettel Challenge....or not!

Haha, trust me, the Vettel Challenge is infinitely more difficult than 5-3. With a wheel the 5-3 challenge took me around four or five attempts. Couldn't say exactly how much the Vettel challenges took me to do, but it was much longer than that and they were much more frustrating. Especially Suzuka.

Haha, trust me, the Vettel Challenge is infinitely more difficult than 5-3. With a wheel the 5-3 challenge took me around four or five attempts. Couldn't say exactly how much the Vettel challenges took me to do, but it was much longer than that and they were much more frustrating. Especially Suzuka.

Maybe I won't go back to them then....hadn't realised there was more than one, just thought it was the Nurb GP track....thank you for making me realise it was just wishful thinking :P

Kept crashing so took it easy and got silver, then back into attack mde and gold in 27.5. most fun i've had yet in GT6. bonkers fun.

What? where are my pricecars? i have gold in every Goodwood events and no prices from any of five steps. Why? Do i have to be online or is there some other trick?
You get a Citroen GT automatically when you go back to the menu. You didn't get one?

Using a DS3 and it's ridiculous! Mind you, if all you win is the Citroen GT, I might just leave it at silver and continue the rest of the game. Whoever came up with that Red Bull F1 car, it's a POS. There, got it off my chest :mad:

Using a wheel and pedals it took me about a dozen tries to finally get a handle on the brake and grip. My first completed lap was a 34 something and then after a few more tries I nailed a 29.5 on my second complete lap.

Got lucky!

12107852574_d0c5fc1b3e_c.jpg

CSS:4
TCS:5(=[ yea i know)
SRF: On
ABS:1

Last edited:
Dear God, this one was scary as hell. I completed this one a few nights ago. I don't care about getting Gold- I'm just glad I went fast enough to get Bronze. These Red Bull prototypes are crazy fast and agile. I don't think I was ever so fearful of racing such crazy fast cars since either the Super License test of Gran Turismo 3 (Cote d'Azur with the Toyota GT-One) or racing the Nürburgring Nordschleife in an F1 car or a Group C sportscar in GT4.

Congratulations to all who managed to get Gold for this one.

I'm a DS3 user and this is my last challenge to Gold, just wanted to report that something has changed since the 1.04 update, it's probably harder now but I don't know by how much. Gold Time is still 31 seconds but I had been chipping away at the necessary time and have 2 different ghost replays that were prior to the 1.04 patch.

Now when I load either of my pre 1.04 ghosts, I can't come close to matching the start, my ghosts are almost halfway down the short beginning straight before I get rolling with what I believe are the same settings!

Back