Goodwood 5-3 X10'

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 352 comments
little by little I started using more speed on the straights and after a run or 2 bronze appeared. I knew I could better it so using the same technique and the ghost line gradualy my corner speed increased and along came silver. Then finaly after another half hour the gold came - but literaly only by a couple of tenths of a second!
This was my experience almost exactly, although the silver to gold took me almost 2 hours. When I first started this mission I honestly thought it was too fast for my brain to process, it took me maybe 20 attempts to just get bronze & get a ghost! But practice really does make perfect & little by little my times came down. So persevere & don't give up. (using a DS3 with DL On, AS Strong, TC 1, ASM On, ABS 10, CSS 0)

I did it last night. Took me two and a half hours but finally got it. I use a dual shock 3 controller.
Automatic transmission.
Driving line was on.
No traction control.
Controller sensitivity set to 6.
ABS set to 1.
Final time was 30.725

Last edited:
Oh dear Lord. How are expected to get a time with controller lol? Gonna try but Oh My, what a challenge.

I did it in around 8 times with a ds3 , tc 0 i had steering sensitvity at 3 , srf on ofcourse (if that was possible cant remember) abs at 1 and automatic transmission , and ofcourse u need a bit of luck.

Edit: o yeah and driving line ofcourse.

good tip: dont start braking at the beginning of the red line , u can brake WAY later then that, u have to find the good spot.

I did a 25.876 with my ds3 when I was first going through it (took me about 20 tries to get gold, 40 to get that time). Just last night I did a 25.7 with my wheel.

The key for the DS3 is to have your turning sensitivity up (you need really fast turn in). I personally always run at 7.

I can upload my wheel lap (I lost my ds3 replay during the 1.02 update) if anyone wants it.

Dont know why everyone's complain about the x2010 being at goodwood, PD put it in as a challenge, all the rest of the goodwood events were ridiculously easy, i thought it was a great idea to add the x2010 into stage 5

From reading this thread I seem to be almost unique - I'm using a wheel and I can't gold the Red Bull event or the Aston Martin 177. I couldn't get bronze in the Vettel challenge on GT5 - I admit I didn't try for very long. I think my eyesight and reactions are just not good enough to drive a car this fast.

I came to this thread for some tips, but haven't seen many so far.

The Aston Martin 177 seems very heavy and slow to respond to steering inputs so I can't keep it on the track - it seems much harder than any of the other cars in the challenge (apart from the Red Bull).

The Red Bull just seems crazy fast - I am using the driving line (to help my eyes), automatic (because it shifts quicker than I can) and no TCS (because I never use it). I'll try TCS 5 tomorrow. Maybe using manual and not shifting up will help to keep the speed down and make the challenge easier?

Any thoughts?

^^ The one-77 is quite understeery thanks to the Skid Recovery Force so brake early and try a picture the line you want and gun it when you know you can get away without flying into the grass.
The best tip I can give regarding the X1 is first complete a run ( don't worry if it's not great ) and use the ghost as the template to slowly build up your confidence in the car on when you can brake, turn and accelerate. Hopefully you'll spiral upwards towards a sliver or gold medal after awhile.

Hope this helps.👍

^^ The one-77 is quite understeery thanks to the Skid Recovery Force so brake early and try a picture the line you want and gun it when you know you can get away without flying into the grass.
The best tip I can give regarding the X1 is first complete a run ( don't worry if it's not great ) and use the ghost as the template to slowly build up your confidence in the car on when you can brake, turn and accelerate. Hopefully you'll spiral upwards towards a sliver or gold medal after awhile.

Hope this helps.👍

Thanks Vic - I golded the Red Bull first by using all driving aids, automatic and wheel force feedback turned down to one. I focussed on not braking too much, keeping the speed down and trying to steer smoothly. I kept coming off track, but eventually got a 29 point something.

For the 177 I took the driving aids off, turned the force feedback to my normal five and used manual. I concentrated on steering as per your advice so thanks very much. I found that without traction control, like the Alfa Romeo it was fastest off the line with half throttle. Very pleased to gold this one because I really wanted the prize car - 1959 Chevrolet race car - had a lot of fun driving this around Willow Sprngs in the classic muscle car race.

Thanks Vic - I golded the Red Bull first by using all driving aids, automatic and wheel force feedback turned down to one. I focussed on not braking too much, keeping the speed down and trying to steer smoothly. I kept coming off track, but eventually got a 29 point something.

For the 177 I took the driving aids off, turned the force feedback to my normal five and used manual. I concentrated on steering as per your advice so thanks very much. I found that without traction control, like the Alfa Romeo it was fastest off the line with half throttle. Very pleased to gold this one because I really wanted the prize car - 1959 Chevrolet race car - had a lot of fun driving this around Willow Sprngs in the classic muscle car race.
Glad I can be of service. ;) Enjoy the Vette.
Btw if you have the funds then you can turn that Vette into a 300mph fighter for the Like the wind event at SSRX. 👍

Loved the Goodwood events, golded everything except the fricken X2010, that just blew my mind, using a pad its just ridiculous, so many restarts, its the first 3 corners of Goodwood I find the trickiest, stupid to stick the X2010 in that event, I got silver and I just can not be bothered to grind out gold, which is strange because normally I'm like a dog with a bone, I've always gone for all gold on all GT's...

As with most of the career time trials, first time lap was more than enough, 29.xxx with a DS3. I fiddled with the controller sensitivity to my liking for a while, finding 3 to be the best.

It is second split time as it adds both first and second sectors together. Like I said before I will be really impressed if you can equal or beat 11.2 . Only way I think is to carry a lot of speed in turn 1 but even then turn 2 becomes harder to do. Exit of heavy braking point is where I left a lot of time on that lap, I remember looking half way through lap and seeing my ghost car on map not being behind as much as it normally is, maybe lost 1.5 tenths than speed I usually do it. I suppose it is a reasonably fast lap without much lawn mowing though :lol:.
I retried the challenge last night. 11.366, then I still lose a heap of time between the barriers. When I go at full pace I always get disqualified there. I took it at half pace, a little faster than my original run and finished at 26.874.

I still insist I can go below 11.2 if I try different launches -.-

I retried the challenge last night. 11.366, then I still lose a heap of time between the barriers. When I go at full pace I always get disqualified there. I took it at half pace, a little faster than my original run and finished at 26.874.

I still insist I can go below 11.2 if I try different launches -.-
I think 10.9 is possible now after realising how much time I was losing on launch. 1st gear seems to be the way to go. Will give this another go hopefully in the next month or two. What time you are getting for first sector?

I think 10.9 is possible now after realising how much time I was losing on launch. 1st gear seems to be the way to go. Will give this another go hopefully in the next month or two. What time you are getting for first sector?
I'm not sure, I'll look at the replay tomorrow. I think it's 4.x, is that correct?

I :censored:ING FINALLY MADE IT !!!

Jesus, after trying this a million times like many others, I finally golded this event today (30.856) ! The key for me was to set the CSS to 5 (I'm playing with DS3). (I tried 0 but it was too tough to control and 7 was too sensitive for me.)

My other settings were:

AS: Strong
TC: 1
ASM: On
ABS: 1

Maybe it's useful for those who are still struggling with this event.

Probably had hundreds of goes with my DS3 and could only manage Silver

Bought a wheel.

The first time (out of maybe 30 goes) that I get to the finish line, I'm a second inside gold.

I did turn on the driving line, mostly because in the first sector I litterally can't see where the road goes - not sure if anyone else has an issue with the lack of contrast between grass and tarmac?

.. anyhow, it's weird. The run didn't seem that quick, I'd be lying if I said it was easy, but I didn't seem to do much different. I'm pretty sure it's all about getting on the power at the hard left.

Just beat it, 29.681.. wooo momma what a pain using the DS3!! :mad:

Massive, massive thank you to whoever suggested upping the sensitivity in the driving options. I set mine on 5 and it was much easier to control this beast. 👍👍👍 Now to triple backup my save so I don't have to do this again! :lol:

After a month of sitting .027 off gold today i finally done it using a DS3.

Switched to auto gears and turned controller sensitivity to +2 and with a lot of retries and patience i've done it :)

Now to get gold on the ia5 bugatti veyron test…

Done it, finally.

DS3
D-pad / buttons
TC - 0
ABS - 2
Sensitivity - 2

Everything else off. Managed a time in the low 30s. Could go faster, can't be bothered though.

Back