Goodwood Hill Climb confirmed to feature in Gran Turismo 6! + Videos

I really wanted more narrow tracks and yearned for point to point time trials so I'm very happy with this track. :) It is a little short, but I can still see the fun it in. It will be great for testing car tunes and trying to really get to know a car. To me it's kind of like a brief Nürburgring in this way.

I really hope they do more hillclimb... I'm not excited for pikes peak anymore to be honest. If they do the unpaved one that would still be great, but I'm more excited about narrower tracks suited to relatively lower hp cars. We need more of that.

I'm more excited about narrower tracks suited to relatively lower hp cars. We need more of that.
Many of us are thinking that this is where Andalucia will shine, the site of the newest Course Maker reveal. It seems to have narrow streets as in the Citta di Aria location in GT4, and you will evidently make courses through the town by stringing streets together. And possibly even running the course out into the ten square mile countryside, which would make for incredible rally racing.

Many want to see Citta di Aria itself return, but the improvements to the Course Maker and the new locations for it are making me ravenous for this game.

Doesn't really mean anything... it's like the numerous times that Porsches are mentioned in car descriptions in GT5, but they aren't in-game...
Yes, but you know that EA has the Porsche license locked up for another span of time. It was evidently so expensive to make Forza 4 that Microsoft apparently couldn't afford the "P" license for some time. And when they did offer Porsche, it was in the most expensive Car Pack by far.

This is a good bit of news, and I'm hoping we'll have a pleasant surprise in GT6 with the inclusion of these Goodwood tracks, rather than as DLC, but I'll certainly take them either way.

Last edited:
This announcement leaves me... indifferent.

It's not something I care about or will ever use. I just hope that PD didn't neglect the core of the game that needs to be fixed while they were working on this sideshow.

This announcement leaves me... indifferent.

It's not something I care about or will ever use. I just hope that PD didn't neglect the core of the game that needs to be fixed while they were working on this sideshow.

Well, it's PD, any sideshow means that months and months of work have gone into it. I'm tired of being so negative but I need to be realistic here so I'd say that they focused on a sideshow instead of fixing the game once again.

Well, it's PD, any sideshow means that months and months of work have gone into it. I'm tired of being so negative but I need to be realistic here so I'd say that they focused on a sideshow instead of fixing the game once again.
Wasn't the variety of tracks one of your concerns? They just did a step towards fixing this. I don't see your logic, unless it's the same boring "whatever it is, it's bad" thingy.

I've had quite a few goes today up the hill, and I'm slightly disappointed. The trees and general background are pretty low quality, and look poor. As for the actual driving, having one go at a time for 50 seconds or so didn't give me long to make a proper judgement.

I've had quite a few goes today up the hill, and I'm slightly disappointed. The trees and general background are pretty low quality, and look poor. As for the actual driving, having one go at a time for 50 seconds or so didn't give me long to make a proper judgement.

Aww, too bad. Guess maybe PD is still working on Goodwood it seems.

God damn.

PD gives us a new location/track.

Some people STILL complain.

Honestly, right now looks like its clearly some kind of particular hating instead of constructive criticism. Why Goodwood can be bad? I really don't know anymore. If they give us Bathurst, Pikes Peak, Isle of Man, 3000 premium cars, free vacations at bahamas people will still complain.

Hi
I'm a big fan of this type of tracks.
I hope that this track can be well accepted by the gran turismo community, so that we can get Pikes Peak.

God damn.

Honestly, right now looks like its clearly some kind of particular hating instead of constructive criticism. Why Goodwood can be bad? I really don't know anymore. If they give us Bathurst, Pikes Peak, Isle of Man, 3000 premium cars, free vacations at bahamas people will still complain.

No sound fix ? :lol: Burnnn !!

God damn.

Honestly, right now looks like its clearly some kind of particular hating. I really don't know anymore. If they give us Bathurst, Pikes Peak, Isle of Man, 3000 premium cars, free vacations at bahamas people will still complain.
PD just can't win. :indiff:

God damn.

I don't see how there is anything wrong with not liking a specific choice of track, especially one that is less than a minute long. It's not going to appeal to everyone. There is also nothing wrong with critiquing it's appearance.

God damn.

No worries bud, Samus and I were just having fun. :) However, Goodwood does need work though it seems.

This isn't a track, lol.

Neither is The Pikes Peak Hill Climb but, that doesn't stop dozens of people from requesting it regularly. It's a legendary time attack and we all know how PD is about history or so they say.

This isn't a track, lol.

No, it's a sideshow. A short little p2p course that has no potential for racing whatsoever.

At least what they've shown us so far of Goodwood. Maybe there is more that might be usable that just hasn't been shown.

As far as being negative... I'm being honest. I love GT and I desperately want GT6 to be at least the game that GT5 should have been.

Sideshows like this are icing on the cake but so far I haven't seen much cake. A few cars. A couple of tracks. These things are a start.

But courses that can't be raced are of limited value in a racing game.

And that's just me being honest.

Last edited:
Neither is The Pikes Peak Hill Climb but, that doesn't stop dozens of people from requesting it regularly. It's a legendary time attack and we all know how PD is about history or so they say.
Of course is it a track, what else do they drive on in your eyes?

I was at Goodwood today. Had a go on the demo at the Nismo stand unfortunately it was just with a pad and I couldn't find any wheel kiosks. There was only a gtr nismo gt3 n24 available to play.
went to the Alfa stand and there was only one kiosk available with, what seemed to be an Alfa 4C although I can't be sure because I didn't see the chase cam.

HarveyG
I was at Goodwood today. Had a go on the demo at the Nismo stand unfortunately it was just with a pad and I couldn't find any wheel kiosks. There was only a gtr nismo gt3 n24 available to play.
went to the Alfa stand and there was only one kiosk available with, what seemed to be an Alfa 4C although I can't be sure because I didn't see the chase cam.

Probably just the Alfa we saw before.

The thing is the stand was pretty much dedicated to the 4c. In fact I think it was called the 4c stand and the car seemed a little too slow for the zagoto thing.

Believe me, these short and narrow hillclimbs can be tons of fun.
They are great for time attack challenges and you need to be extremely precise.

Oh I am not disagreeing with the merits of hillclimb events. I merely think the Goodwood Hillclimb is utterly bland and not nearly as technical as other tracks that would be generally more representative of hillclimbing.

Let's be realistic here, the reason that the Goodwood Festival of Speed got a foothold in motor racing cultre in the first place is because of the history of Goodwood Circuit, not because of the hillclimb's own merits.

Back