Goodwood Hill Climb confirmed to feature in Gran Turismo 6! + Videos

Hey Toko, you ever create a thread that reached 500 posts before? It's about to happen. Good work, mate.. đź‘Ť

It looks like I haven't yet. I'm quite surpriced one of the my threads will actually be reaching to that amount. Thank you. :)đź‘Ť

I'm sure there will be many 1000+ post threads closer to the release this fall/autumn.

The forums gonna be buzzin' man.

:D

I'm getting antsy as the days roll by. And darn it, still a month to go before GamesCom. Even as patient as I can be, I can only distract myself with the GTA demo and a certain competitor's game for so long. :P

how about the rally stage?
Kaz mentioned the Rally stage when the Hill climb was announced but not the track. At the moment though its only the Hill climb that's confirmed.

Given the lack of rally stages in GT5 it would be nice to have the Goodwood rally stage as well and in an ideal world the circuit as well but have a feeling it'll just be the Hill climb. I hope I'm wrong though.

I wonder if PD will add Time Trial style events so that they can use the Hill and the Top Gear Test Track in A and B Specs rather than using them for races.

Wardez
Awesome piece that The Telegraph did at the Goodwood Fest. this year. Their reporter tries his hand at the track in GT6 at the demo they had set up, and they record the whole thing. Then Mr. Ordonez has his shot.

Cool to see GT6 being covered on a big site like this so well!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/goodwood-festival-of-speed/10176122/Goodwood-Festival-of-Speed-Telegraph-tries-the-Hillclimb-on-a-Playstation.html

Good article. Looks like driver commitment is key, I like the look of it.

Awesome piece that The Telegraph did at the Goodwood Fest. this year. Their reporter tries his hand at the track in GT6 at the demo they had set up, and they record the whole thing. Then Mr. Ordonez has his shot.

Cool to see GT6 being covered on a big site like this so well!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...aph-tries-the-Hillclimb-on-a-Playstation.html

I'm thinking about putting this in the OP, just so when those who are new check this thread, can check it out. :)

EDIT: The is added.

I saw on my FB page, its a post from Mercedes Benz: (I posted on other topic to lol)

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 on the brand new Hill Climb track (4 fotos)
Since the #Goodwood Festival of Speed is taking place right now, it serves as the perfect occasion to announce Goodwood's renowned 1.86km #HillClimb as a new track to feature on the forthcoming Gran Turismo®6 for PlayStation®3. A new #GT6 demo will now give some of the expected 185,000-plus spectators their chance to challenge Nick Heidfeld’s 1999 41.6s course record set in a Formula 1 car. Take a look!

993303_10151724982556670_819713136_n.jpg

946884_10151724982356670_1131396482_n.jpg

946251_10151724982451670_656167242_n.jpg

998334_10151724982426670_901299182_n.jpg

Last edited:
What does this even mean, mate?
maxpontiac lives in Arizona now, the southwest where a lot of hispanics live. I'm Mexican-American. I never use the word "mate", unless it's sarcastic, or in other words, if I'm just being an ass. Hence, maxpontiac's never heard someone who's hispanic - or let alone any other American - use the word "mate." So you guys are having a laugh.
It appears so mate.
That's right, eh. lol

I saw on my FB page, its a post from Mercedes Benz: (I posted on other topic to lol)

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 on the brand new Hill Climb track (4 fotos)
Since the #Goodwood Festival of Speed is taking place right now, it serves as the perfect occasion to announce Goodwood's renowned 1.86km #HillClimb as a new track to feature on the forthcoming Gran Turismo®6 for PlayStation®3. A new #GT6 demo will now give some of the expected 185,000-plus spectators their chance to challenge Nick Heidfeld’s 1999 41.6s course record set in a Formula 1 car. Take a look!
We've all known about that since a few days ago. Do you mean that about something else?

Last edited:
You know, I had a dream last night where someone was laughing sarcastically. I wish I could show you it.

Edit -

Not the same, but I love that scene.

Or just the first clip of this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyJrJ9WZsM4

Anyway, you're taking the piss, soooooo...Bulls, brooklyn?
Jimmy-Butler-Alley-Oop-Dunk-vs-Bucks-From-Luol-Deng.gif

Hey, Dunleavy's in that shot, #17. Glad the Bulls got him on the team. I've always liked him. Oh, poor Monta.

That Michael Jackson is unbelievable, isn't he? - Al Gore, June 15, 1998 to CHICAGO BULL fans.

lmao

Last edited:
We've all known about that since a few days ago. Do you mean that about something else?

I think maybe after the GT Academy, PD release something like this because its a short demo and the players need more GT6 :) Maybe i can be wrong but we will see one more demo before the oficial release!

I think maybe after the GT Academy, PD release something like this because its a short demo and the players need more GT6 :) Maybe i can be wrong but we will see one more demo before the oficial release!
You're reading it wrong. Mercedes is saying that the Goodwood Festival of Speed will have a GT6 demo and people will be able to try it out there. Check the videos on the first page of this thread. I think TokoTurismo put all or most of the videos available of that track in the first post.

Edit -

He missed this.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8653078#post8653078

Still, you checked the first post of this thread? And in case you didn't notice, the "News" link at the top of this page for the website will update us on any Gran Turismo news (for the most part ;)).

Last edited:
You're reading it wrong. Mercedes is saying that the Goodwood Festival of Speed will have a GT6 demo and people will be able to try it out there. Check the videos on the first page of this thread. I think TokoTurismo put all or most of the videos available of that track in the first post.

Edit -

He missed this.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8653078#post8653078

Still, you checked the first post of this thread? And in case you didn't notice, the "News" link at the top of this page for the website will update us on any Gran Turismo news (for the most part ;)).

Oh man im sorry if i put this on worg connotation, i know this demo its for the people in the festival, i just posted because the photos of the SLS GT3 are awesome (and i dont see in the thread) and the cool article from Mercedez, i put that part in bold just to fit in thread and say that have now (or a few days because im just post here today) two demos of GT6, the first from E3 with lots of cars and tracks and this "new" one containing just one short track and a few cars.

I read the news every day haha im very ancious for the GT6 and i will love see one more demo for us :)

Sorry again

You check the news everyday? You better be sorry! lol I'm kidding.

Look here: http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3833505.html

Well, here is the one for Brasil (portuguese).
http://www.gran-turismo.com/br/news/00_3833505.html

Oh man don't say that hahahaha sometimes its a little slow posts on news but if you compare to brazillians foruns and sites its very very fast haha, here we are on GT2 news yet lol

Thanks for the links man i loose my time on net reading things from GT series and loving, i need play GT6 hahahaha, finally on last update the GT official site have support for portuguese :)

Here in Brazil i promote GT5 championships and we all waiting for the new GT6!

Edit:

Ohhh nice tip :) anxious! Now i got it, my english its bad

Last edited:
Can't wait for this car to be premium. That interior. :)

I wish they premium-modelled all the TSs (TS010, TS020, TS030). They are motorsport relevant cars, they are cars that have made Japan proud through the last decades, and they surely have acces to them given their close relation with Toyota. An even more imaginative bonus content would be giving us another car that competed with each TS, like a Group C Nissan, a premium McF1 LM and the R18 e-tron. Again, all cars that PD can access and would be thrilling to have.

But it's PD, so normal logic doesn't apply to them.

What logic? They don't have every important Japanese race car premium? They do have the only one to win LeMans premium- the Mazda 787B. I havent seen much more from goodwood in terms of gt6 though.

We may never understand the genius behind P.D.

Probably too profound for our understanding...

IMO, the GT6 section has been useless. I've only been smelling the melt of my speakers since this started so I'll let go for a month or two...
Go ahead young padawan. Have a vacation, buy an E30, why not have Zoidberg?? Go outside and have fun....

Let the GT6 section implode without you in it.

I'll just be sarcastic input.

Just had a go today on the demo and had a chat with a very knowledgeable ford pr rep (massive GT fan) who told me that they got the game really late in the week as it had updates since the z4 video, so shows you how pd are still working.

Generally the demo felt different to gt5 and even GTA seemed to have a greater feel of speed and bumps through the wheel. Graphically frame rate seemed far better than GTA demo, very stable and no dodgy shadows like in gt5. Textures on the track seemed better than in the z4 video but that could have been shadows.

Played all the demos and something I was pleased with is that sports hard with no longer seem like ice cubes even with tc on 1 and abs on 1 with no other assist and this with a ford GT.

Overall is really pleased and wanted to play more, there was definitely something different between the demo handling and GTA but I haven't put my finger on it.

Back