Goodwood Hill Climb confirmed to feature in Gran Turismo 6! + Videos

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by TokoTurismo, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Duphman

Duphman

I just wanted PD to capitalize on Goodwood but that doesn't seem to be happening either since no one from Polyphony was there.

2. Nurburgthing.

Nurburgthing.

Too busy trying to fulfill the extremely high demands we put on them :lol:.

They were there in spirit.

Have this on me Uncle Kaz...
    [​IMG]

3. Samus

Samus

This is constantly a problem for PD, Kaz is seemingly the only public face and voice of the company. If he has nothing to say we don't hear or see anything.

4. freshseth83

freshseth83 (Banned)

What? Because he didn't drive a couple cars his company all of a sudden has bad PR? There were GTA guys in attendance that did enough. Don't know what you expect.

5. Samus

Samus

I was meaning in general, not this event.

6. PepeMickey

PepeMickey

Would Kaz's attendance make any difference? I would rather not see him, that way I can least dream of him working his ass off at PD's HQ.

7. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Don't you want Kaz to have fun too? He's a human, not a robot you know. Working too hard can lead to stress and I sure don't want Kaz getting that...

8. Jahgee

Jahgee (Banned)

**** that, Kaz's one job in life is to make PepeMickey happy, didn't you know this?

9. :lol:
    what the hell

10. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Since Goodwood is going to be A-B track, do you think we'll be getting other A-B tracks?

11. I don't have any doubt that the "Course Maker" in GT6 will give us the ability to do that. For some reason, it was taken out of GT5's Course Maker along with the ability to reverse tracks.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  12. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

I want the next GT to live up to the potential of PD's resources, I don't care if Kaz has fun or not.

13. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

No, I didn't know this. Must be real hard to accomplish. :lol:

If that's the case, than I'm sure Kaz and PD are willing to do it. Just hope it won't kill them when doing so, hehe. :sly:

14. Jahgee

Jahgee (Banned)

There's a subtle sarcasm in my posts that never translates well :lol:

15. :) NO, we got it. It was a gooood wohhn. no sarcasm

Ohhhhhhhhhh!

Edit -
    It's okay that you don't care. Speaking of the potential of PD's resources (which is an asinine description of Polyphony Digital as a whole) -

Obviously it isn't as "easy" as that.
    And someone here will think, "Oh, but it isn't "real" 1080p, now, is it?"

16. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Oh don't get me wrong. I am certain they all work extremely hard, I just think PD is mismanaged. The potential I was referring to is using their budget and staff as effectively as possible - I was not blaming their shortcomings on PD not working hard enough.

17. MeanElf

MeanElf

Almost - I think it's more like: "...Kaz's one job in life should be making PepeMickey happy..." :sly:

18. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

I forgive you everything! But I want the goddamn sounds :grumpy:

19. E28

E28 Premium

I really hope they'll release a Goodwood demo on PSN soon-ish. I had quite a few goes at the FoS and it was great fun, I'm itching for another run! :lol:

20. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

The inclusion of the Goodwood hillclimb is all well and good, but I still suspect that there will be naysayers baying for the return of Pikes Peak. Other than that, I'm looking forward to trying then track on the full game.

21. MeanElf

MeanElf

With luck we will get both...

22. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

regarding people complaining about trees,I am kind of surprised at this to be honest.

maybe PD have premium versions of the new tracks they model,with better spectator ,Trees and asphalt modeling (Examples) that they will use when we get a PS4 GT game.

23. GTP_Ingram

GTP_Ingram Premium

I, like PrudentBear, was working for Jardine at the FOS, so I had plenty of time to sample the level. One thing that I can reliably tell you is that in terms of the overall appearance of the circuit, there are still improvements that will be made before the track appears in the full game.

24. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Not saying I don't buy that but how did you know mate?

25. GTP_Ingram

GTP_Ingram Premium

Because an employee of PD, Lord March and I were discussing it...

26. I either completely forgot about PrudentBear's post or completely missed it.

Good stuff. :tup: Thanks.

Say what? :D

That could be a good hint on how much work still needs to get done for GT6's release a few months from now. I feel like I'm going to be more surprised than I expected. I'm re-excited.

27. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Oh mind sharing what he said?

28. MeanElf

MeanElf

Now, that had to have been a conversation :) kudos for the casual way you dropped that in there :sly:

29. PrudentBear

PrudentBear

:rolleyes:

:cool:

30. Yea, I don't really understand where you're coming from. A bunch of PD folks were there to model the environment before then, and also, Kaz isn't a genie. If he were there, he wouldn't be able to do whatever it is you think he'll go and do to improve the track at that moment or add any of the cars into the game. Well, the cars thing, he probably can do, but that's not the point.

Not putting you into the category of people who do this, but when people care to say that racing is just a hobby for Kaz or even a PR stunt for GT/Nissan each time he goes, they ignore the benefits to it. Suddenly, going to a resort for exotics, classics, and unique cars is necessary to add "something" to GT? Your response to Kaz not being able to be present at the Goodwood Festival doesn't make sense. If you're talking solely about possibly adding a/some car(s) to GT, then I guess that makes sense, but still, really?

Oh yea, forgot to say: Is he a special employee of PD? Can he do magic? Is he magical? Does he come from a magical place? :sly: