Goodwood Hill Climb confirmed to feature in Gran Turismo 6! + Videos

I just wanted PD to capitalize on Goodwood but that doesn't seem to be happening either since no one from Polyphony was there.

Too busy trying to fulfill the extremely high demands we put on them :lol:.

They were there in spirit.

Have this on me Uncle Kaz...
wpid-camera-effects-1337835413112.jpeg

This is constantly a problem for PD, Kaz is seemingly the only public face and voice of the company. If he has nothing to say we don't hear or see anything.

What? Because he didn't drive a couple cars his company all of a sudden has bad PR? There were GTA guys in attendance that did enough. Don't know what you expect.

Would Kaz's attendance make any difference? I would rather not see him, that way I can least dream of him working his ass off at PD's HQ.

Would Kaz's attendance make any difference? I would rather not see him, that way I can least dream of him working his ass off at PD's HQ.

Don't you want Kaz to have fun too? He's a human, not a robot you know. Working too hard can lead to stress and I sure don't want Kaz getting that...

Don't you want Kaz to have fun too? He's a human, not a robot you know. Working too hard can lead to stress and I sure don't want Kaz getting that...

**** that, Kaz's one job in life is to make PepeMickey happy, didn't you know this?

Since Goodwood is going to be A-B track, do you think we'll be getting other A-B tracks?

I don't have any doubt that the "Course Maker" in GT6 will give us the ability to do that. For some reason, it was taken out of GT5's Course Maker along with the ability to reverse tracks.

Last edited:
There's a subtle sarcasm in my posts that never translates well :lol:
:) NO, we got it. It was a gooood wohhn. no sarcasm

I want the next GT to live up to the potential of PD's resources, I don't care if Kaz has fun or not.
Ohhhhhhhhhh!

Edit -
It's okay that you don't care. Speaking of the potential of PD's resources (which is an asinine description of Polyphony Digital as a whole) -

Yamauchi said the team has worked hard over the years, and continually strives to make each game better than the last, and innovate along the way.

“The main thing that we try to do is to keep improving what’s in front of us,” said Yamauchi. “There’s a lot of hard work there, but that’s what we enjoy doing. There’s a lot of fun to be had. I think that if we continue that hard work, something great is going to come out at the end of it. Maybe I’m thinking about it too simply, but that’s the idea, [and] improving what we’ve been doing has continued over the years.

Obviously it isn't as "easy" as that.
December 2010
PSM3: Will the engine sounds be improved over time?

Kazunori Yamauchi: There have been a lot of improvements made to the engine sounds. Obviously it's not enough, there's more we can do to improve them, so it's still work in progress.

PSM3: Will the game run at a rock-steady 60fps?

Kazunori Yamauchi: This is a major issue for us in GT5. Our engineers complain every day: 'Isn't it enough that it's in 1080p? Does it have to be 60fps too?' But I think 60fps is very important, so we're working towards perfecting that. There might be times when you have a certain combination of conditions that come together, especially with the weather effects; the game might briefly drop from 60fps, and for that i beg your forgiveness! If you're going from a standing start at number 16 and all 15 cars in front of you are kicking up water, there might not be 60fps at that moment.

And someone here will think, "Oh, but it isn't "real" 1080p, now, is it?"

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhhhhh!

Edit -
It's okay that you don't care. Speaking of the potential of PD's resources (which is an asinine description of Polyphony Digital as a whole) -

Oh don't get me wrong. I am certain they all work extremely hard, I just think PD is mismanaged. The potential I was referring to is using their budget and staff as effectively as possible - I was not blaming their shortcomings on PD not working hard enough.

Last edited:
There might be times when you have a certain combination of conditions that come together, especially with the weather effects; the game might briefly drop from 60fps, and for that i beg your forgiveness!

I forgive you everything! But I want the goddamn sounds :grumpy:

I really hope they'll release a Goodwood demo on PSN soon-ish. I had quite a few goes at the FoS and it was great fun, I'm itching for another run! :lol:

The inclusion of the Goodwood hillclimb is all well and good, but I still suspect that there will be naysayers baying for the return of Pikes Peak. Other than that, I'm looking forward to trying then track on the full game.

The inclusion of the Goodwood hillclimb is all well and good, but I still suspect that there will be naysayers baying for the return of Pikes Peak. Other than that, I'm looking forward to trying then track on the full game.
With luck we will get both...

regarding people complaining about trees,I am kind of surprised at this to be honest.

maybe PD have premium versions of the new tracks they model,with better spectator ,Trees and asphalt modeling (Examples) that they will use when we get a PS4 GT game.

regarding people complaining about trees,I am kind of surprised at this to be honest.

maybe PD have premium versions of the new tracks they model,with better spectator ,Trees and asphalt modeling (Examples) that they will use when we get a PS4 GT game.

I, like PrudentBear, was working for Jardine at the FOS, so I had plenty of time to sample the level. One thing that I can reliably tell you is that in terms of the overall appearance of the circuit, there are still improvements that will be made before the track appears in the full game.

I, like PrudentBear, was working for Jardine at the FOS, so I had plenty of time to sample the level. One thing that I can reliably tell you is that in terms of the overall appearance of the circuit, there are still improvements that will be made before the track appears in the full game.

Not saying I don't buy that but how did you know mate?

I either completely forgot about PrudentBear's post or completely missed it.

I've just been fortunate enough to spend 4 days at the GFOS running one of the Polyphony Digital rigs for 12 hours a day in the media marquee (Thursday and Saturday) and in the drivers club (Friday and Sunday).

Many drivers who were new to the hill on Friday were using the GT6 rig in the drivers club to learn the layout before heading out on their runs including Adrian Sutil and Chris Hoy. Other drivers who took to the seat included Jules Bianchi, Alex Wurz, Max Chilton, Kevin Magnussen, Stoffel Vandoorne, Emerson Fittipaldi, Pietro Fittipaldi, Diego Menchaca and many others. It's a very strange feeling when professional drivers and world champions ask your advice on how to go faster in the game but a happy one! Emerson's family are some of the nicest people you could meet and were by far the most enthusiastic over the whole weekend.

The 7 year old mentioned previously was very talented and it's even more impressive when you realise he could barely reach the pedals and had to look at the screen through the top of the steering wheel which he was practically swinging on to hold himself up! There's a video somewhere illustrating this so I'll post it if I can get hold of it although I'm sure it will end up on Youtube at some point.

As for the demo itself, the track has been very well modelled as you would expect from PD and isn't completely bump free although some of the drivers did point out that there's a fairly large bump just before the flint wall (visible if you watch the cars up there as a spectator) that seems to be absent in the game. The crown of the road is definitely present though meaning positive camber on the inside and negative camber on the outside of the corners. This is especially notable at the very tricky Molecomb and it's another thing to take into account when choosing your lines. While short, it's a challenging and fun addition to the game and made for some good TT competition. It's refreshing to drive on such a narrow strip of tarmac in a GT game and I hope there will be similar but longer point to point tarmac rally stages in the future. It would also be great to see the Goodwood circuit and I'd be very surprised if they hadn't popped round the corner while they had all their equipment in the vicinity.

There were 19 cars available in the Goodwood demo but none that we're not already aware of.

As always a big shout of thanks to Rupert, Glen, Louisa and the rest of the team at HPS Jardine for welcoming me to their team and allowing me to play a small part in bringing GT6 to Goodwood.
Good stuff. 👍 Thanks.

Because an employee of PD, Lord March and I were discussing it...
Say what? :D

That could be a good hint on how much work still needs to get done for GT6's release a few months from now. I feel like I'm going to be more surprised than I expected. I'm re-excited.

I just wanted PD to capitalize on Goodwood but that doesn't seem to be happening either since no one from Polyphony was there.
Yea, I don't really understand where you're coming from. A bunch of PD folks were there to model the environment before then, and also, Kaz isn't a genie. If he were there, he wouldn't be able to do whatever it is you think he'll go and do to improve the track at that moment or add any of the cars into the game. Well, the cars thing, he probably can do, but that's not the point.

Not putting you into the category of people who do this, but when people care to say that racing is just a hobby for Kaz or even a PR stunt for GT/Nissan each time he goes, they ignore the benefits to it. Suddenly, going to a resort for exotics, classics, and unique cars is necessary to add "something" to GT? Your response to Kaz not being able to be present at the Goodwood Festival doesn't make sense. If you're talking solely about possibly adding a/some car(s) to GT, then I guess that makes sense, but still, really?

Because an employee of PD, Lord March and I were discussing it...
Oh yea, forgot to say: Is he a special employee of PD? Can he do magic? Is he magical? Does he come from a magical place? :sly:

Back