Goodwood Hill Climb confirmed to feature in Gran Turismo 6! + Videos

Correct. There's a heat sink behind the tyre surface. If you put too much heat into the surface, it will raise the temperature of that heat sink, and the tyre surface will take longer to cool. If you're aggressive enough, you'll be putting heat in faster than the tyre can dissipate it, and it will heat up and lose grip.

This is actually one of the best things I've seen physics-wise in the GTA demo.

You can test this by doing burnouts. Do a short burnout, less than ten seconds. See how quickly the tyres return to normal. Do a long burnout, a couple of minutes or more. See how much slower the tyres cool, and how they take a long, long time to get back down to blue again.

Maybe there's another explanation for what happens there, but it seems to work for me.

The real question will be, will this added feature actually be strong enough to affect driving in the game. If you have to torture your tires for 2 minutes for example, or they just cool down between corners, it won't have much affect. Let's hope we have the option to scale the effect up or down, perhaps with the so-called "hardcore mode".

Is it just me, or have the sounds improved a bit with this new demo? The excessive transmission whine is still there, but the samples seem better than the ones at E3. Take the newest video in the news, for instance. Has something changed?
What you hear might be the game mix the real cars sound from outside.

The real question will be, will this added feature actually be strong enough to affect driving in the game. If you have to torture your tires for 2 minutes for example, or they just cool down between corners, it won't have much affect. Let's hope we have the option to scale the effect up or down, perhaps with the so-called "hardcore mode".

It's enough to affect the driving in the GTA demo. If you drive hard around Silverstone, after six laps or so your tyres will be a light yellow and you will start to feel less grip.

It's not great, because if you go drifting through a long corner you should probably feel it for the next couple. And you just don't. It captures the long term effects (>5 minutes) of your driving style, and the VERY short term ones (<5 seconds), but not the ones on the scale of 10 seconds to a minute.

It's an interesting system, and it's better than what GT5 had, but it's still incomplete.

What you hear might be the game mix the real cars sound from outside.

Nope, I'm ignoring the real sound mix, and I'm hearing the difference in the GTR sound. As for PepeMickey, can you please stop being so dramatic? Cheer up, have a drink. :cheers:

Drove the track at FOS on the Sunday, queue was shorter then I thought it would be (Went at 12 and got a slot to drive at 12:10. I then set at time that would have put my 9th on the days leader board (low 52sec), however the guy then told me I had to be 18 so I was disqualified. Annoyingly the women at the front counter bit where I booked the slot just asked if I had a full driving licence (which I do).

Track seemed quite nice, the walls and tyres felt very low res though. When you are so close to them you notice how perfectly flat they are, of which they arn't in real life. However apart from that it was pretty good.

I've just been fortunate enough to spend 4 days at the GFOS running one of the Polyphony Digital rigs for 12 hours a day in the media marquee (Thursday and Saturday) and in the drivers club (Friday and Sunday).

Many drivers who were new to the hill on Friday were using the GT6 rig in the drivers club to learn the layout before heading out on their runs including Adrian Sutil and Chris Hoy. Other drivers who took to the seat included Jules Bianchi, Alex Wurz, Max Chilton, Kevin Magnussen, Stoffel Vandoorne, Emerson Fittipaldi, Pietro Fittipaldi, Diego Menchaca and many others. It's a very strange feeling when professional drivers and world champions ask your advice on how to go faster in the game but a happy one! Emerson's family are some of the nicest people you could meet and were by far the most enthusiastic over the whole weekend.

The 7 year old mentioned previously was very talented and it's even more impressive when you realise he could barely reach the pedals and had to look at the screen through the top of the steering wheel which he was practically swinging on to hold himself up! There's a video somewhere illustrating this so I'll post it if I can get hold of it although I'm sure it will end up on Youtube at some point.

As for the demo itself, the track has been very well modelled as you would expect from PD and isn't completely bump free although some of the drivers did point out that there's a fairly large bump just before the flint wall (visible if you watch the cars up there as a spectator) that seems to be absent in the game. The crown of the road is definitely present though meaning positive camber on the inside and negative camber on the outside of the corners. This is especially notable at the very tricky Molecomb and it's another thing to take into account when choosing your lines. While short, it's a challenging and fun addition to the game and made for some good TT competition. It's refreshing to drive on such a narrow strip of tarmac in a GT game and I hope there will be similar but longer point to point tarmac rally stages in the future. It would also be great to see the Goodwood circuit and I'd be very surprised if they hadn't popped round the corner while they had all their equipment in the vicinity.

There were 19 cars available in the Goodwood demo but none that we're not already aware of.

As always a big shout of thanks to Rupert, Glen, Louisa and the rest of the team at HPS Jardine for welcoming me to their team and allowing me to play a small part in bringing GT6 to Goodwood.

They just got carried away, I'm pretty sure someone else would have noticed if Porsche's were available to drive at Goodwood. I think they meant Nissan.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...-climb-added-to-gran-turismo-6-list-of-tracks

Oh god, I think I've finally lost my sanity. First, I hear things, now I'm reading an article about the Goodwood GT6 Demo saying that you can test drive historic porsches. Either that or someone decided to lie for no reason.

What's funny is that artical was made from July 12 2013, so it seems like someone were lying to get more views and hype the GT fans. Those freakin jerks...

They just got carried away, I'm pretty sure someone else would have noticed if Porsche's were available to drive at Goodwood. I think they meant Nissan.

So they got carried away enough to lie? Okay.

What's funny is that artical was made from July 12 2013, so it seems like someone were lying to get more views and hype the GT fans. Those freakin jerks...

Yup, those hype generating jerks.

Are there actual pictures of Yamauchi at Goodwood, driving cars? The coverage of Goodwood this year is EXTREMELY LACKING and we can barely get good videos of what cras were being driven (unlike last year and the year before).

It was rumored that he drove the XKR-S GT but there have yet to be any pictures. Was he even there? Was the PD team even there? Or did they just ship some demos to Goodwood and call it a day?

Yamauchi and Polyphony have the least active Twitter and Facebook accounts of all the developers so those terrible sources for information.

Back