Goodwood Hill Climb confirmed to feature in Gran Turismo 6! + Videos

Just had a go today on the demo and had a chat with a very knowledgeable ford pr rep (massive GT fan) who told me that they got the game really late in the week as it had updates since the z4 video, so shows you how pd are still working.

Generally the demo felt different to gt5 and even GTA seemed to have a greater feel of speed and bumps through the wheel. Graphically frame rate seemed far better than GTA demo, very stable and no dodgy shadows like in gt5. Textures on the track seemed better than in the z4 video but that could have been shadows.

Played all the demos and something I was pleased with is that sports hard with no longer seem like ice cubes even with tc on 1 and abs on 1 with no other assist and this with a ford GT.

Overall is really pleased and wanted to play more, there was definitely something different between the demo handling and GTA but I haven't put my finger on it.

Awesome reporting mate, glad to know PD is working their ass off to get things better.

Just had a go today on the demo and had a chat with a very knowledgeable ford pr rep (massive GT fan) who told me that they got the game really late in the week as it had updates since the z4 video, so shows you how pd are still working.

Generally the demo felt different to gt5 and even GTA seemed to have a greater feel of speed and bumps through the wheel. Graphically frame rate seemed far better than GTA demo, very stable and no dodgy shadows like in gt5. Textures on the track seemed better than in the z4 video but that could have been shadows.

Played all the demos and something I was pleased with is that sports hard with no longer seem like ice cubes even with tc on 1 and abs on 1 with no other assist and this with a ford GT.

Overall is really pleased and wanted to play more, there was definitely something different between the demo handling and GTA but I haven't put my finger on it.

I knew I had a feeling the Goodwood demo will be better than the demo we got. :) Great to hear your feedback witham, was worth the read. 👍

I knew PD wouldn't be slackers. ;)

Thank you for sharing your impressions.

Thanks...I have some question, frame rate better is it include cockpit view? And how about the shimmering issue, still exist?

That's fine guys, I really enjoyed the demo and gt6 had massive exposure at the event. One thing that had remained was the crazy slippery grass from gt5 but with the good wood course this just adds to the fun. I could see purple getting addicted the hill climb as the course is a massive challenge to hook up well but when you do it really rewards you.

To PD'S credit I felt the track surroundings were great as well! Managed to get a taste of the sound as well as I was in there at 7am this morning, I noticed on the gt40 that it was more ambient, there was more transmission and intake sound and when you where on the grass it sounded more realistic. The Alfa unfortunately sounded like a vacuum and SLS sounded great but was the wrong sound!

Forgot to ask you Witham, do the Goodwood demo runs at 1080p or 720p ?

I asked this as well, ford and Mercedes said 1080p and Alfa didn't know though I suspect it was 1080p.

Cockpit view was better and didn't cause a change in frame rate although, exposure did change and lighting became more ambient which is something I wasn't expecting and couldn't quite believe but my brother also thought the same.

Last edited:
I asked this as well, ford and Mercedes said 1080p and Alfa didn't know though I suspect it was 1080p.

Cockpit view was better and didn't cause a change in frame rate although, exposure did change and lighting became more ambient which is something I wasn't expecting and couldn't quite believe but my brother also thought the same. The shimering effect was there but wasn't add bad but was present when going through areas covered by trees with the light coming through holes in the canopy

That's a lot of difference to what others have experienced with GTA demo at 1080p in cockpit view :D Oh, how's the tire heat changes ? When it goes red, did it lose heat quickly like in the GTA demo ?

That's a lot of difference to what others have experienced with GTA demo at 1080p in cockpit view :D Oh, how's the tire heat changes ? When it goes red, did it lose heat quickly like in the GTA demo ?

Guess it depends what demo your on but I spent a lot of time watching as well as playing so I good take in all the details and the ford demo was definitely better I my opinion than any of the others. I just seemed more polished, I do have to admit that SLS and Nissan cockpit did have a few issues when going through tree covered areas, although the gt40 had no problems and was stunning in my opinion. Something my brother pointed out and I have to agree once it was pointed out is that the ford demo seemed to be taking part later in the evening and had a fantastic goldish tint compared to the other demos.

And yes the tyres still cool very fast!

Guess it depends what demo your on but I spent a lot of time watching as well as playing so I good take in all the details and the ford demo was definitely better I my opinion than any of the others. I just seemed more polished, I do have to admit that SLS and Nissan cockpit did have a few issues when going through tree covered areas, although the gt40 had no problems and was stunning in my opinion. Something my brother pointed out and I have to agree once it was pointed out is that the ford demo seemed to be taking part later in the evening and had a fantastic goldish tint compared to the other demos.

Thank you, thank you, that probably means the Ford demo might have different build than the rest :)

Do you mean SLS and GT40 are two different revision demo, and the latest one are GT40?

If they're indicating surface temperature as I suspect they are, that's expected behaviour.

If they're indicating surface temperature as I suspect they are, that's expected behaviour.

I understand that, I just missed the fact that the demo run is on a short track :) So the heat build up would be miniscule, unless the driver decides to do 3 minutes circular burnouts :lol:

Am I the only one who thinks this track will be a new TopGear Test Track?
Cool to have, but won't really be used..

It has been mentioned before, yes.

Quite a few have put good ideas forward for how this could be used, so I don't think it'll be such a waste as you are suggesting, at least not for everyone.

Last edited:
Where am I suggesting it's a waste?

What I'm saying is that the hype around this track might be far more intence right now, in relation to how much this track will be used once GT6 arrives.

The track is cool and all, I'm not saying anything about that. 👍

Do you mean SLS and GT40 are two different revision demo, and the latest one are GT40?

Yes both me and my brother thought they were different. The ford one was just better and set later in the evening. The bloke from ford said they got it really late last week so I think the fact that they got it late in the week and it looked better means it is a newer build !

I think it'll be used much less than TGTT. It's short, one way, can't be used for racing or two people at once. The potential gameplay there is pretty limited.

I think it'll be used much less than TGTT. It's short, one way, can't be used for racing or two people at once. The potential gameplay there is pretty limited.

Hi Imari!
Nice to see you around! :)

I was mainly making a rough comparison. But as you say, the Goodwood Hill climb is far more limited than TGTT, so that it will be used even less than TGTT is very likely, yes.

OT. Btw, have'nt seen you in the pure/forum in a long while.
Hope all is good, and that we race eachother soon again! 👍

Where am I suggesting it's a waste?

What I'm saying is that the hype around this track might be far more intence right now, in relation to how much this track will be used once GT6 arrives.

The track is cool and all, I'm not saying anything about that. 👍
Perhaps waste was the wrong word to use: "Cool to have, but won't really be used..." did imply something like that to me at first though. What you have added makes more sense now.

I know that I for one will be using this online, especially if we get point-to-point TT style starts added into the options. If that does become the case, as suggested by the statement that point-to-point has returned, then more stages will be useable in this way...so it's a part of a greater whole. This'll be particularly good for rally stages I think.

Perhaps waste was the wrong word to use: "Cool to have, but won't really be used..." did imply something like that to me at first though. What you have added makes more sense now.

I know that I for one will be using this online, especially if we get point-to-point TT style starts added into the options. If that does become the case, as suggested by the statement that point-to-point has returned, then more stages will be useable in this way...so it's a part of a greater whole. This'll be particularly good for rally stages I think.

I defenetly agree that point-to-point tracks add diversity to the game as a whole, no doubt. 👍
Just not as much as the hype suggests perhaps.

I will defenetly run it with a couple of cars, I can promise you that. But I also think that I will be spending loads more time at Silverstone racing people online in the GT3 selection and probably in the GT500 selection as well. ;)

Is it just me, or have the sounds improved a bit with this new demo? The excessive transmission whine is still there, but the samples seem better than the ones at E3. Take the newest video in the news, for instance. Has something changed?

Last edited:
Is it just me, or have the sounds improved a bit with this new demo? The excessive transmission whine is still there, but the samples seem better than the ones at E3. Take the newest video in the news, for instance. Has something changed?

If you have to ask, it's clear that they're still the same.

In the GTA I was driving the GTR really hard for only about one or two laps, after that, no matter how clean and smooth I drove (still at race speed though), the tyres stayed yellow and didn't cool down to blue anymore. Just to be clear: I wasn't drifting around or was doing similar BS with it. I simply overdrove it a little so that the tyres got indicated yellow, which really isn't hard to achieve with a GTR.
I eventually felt a slight decrease in grip and had to restart the run as consequence.

Someone did a comparison with Goodwood, virtual vs reality. Pretty damn good if you look at it.

Gran-Turismo-7_2616673c.jpg

Gran-Turismo-5_2616671c.jpg

Gran-Turismo-8_2616674c.jpg

Gran-Turismo-6_2616672c.jpg

Gran-Turismo-4_2616678c.jpg

Gran-Turismo-3_2616670c.jpg

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...-6-blurs-virtual-and-reality-at-Goodwood.html

In the GTA I was driving the GTR really hard for only about one or two laps, after that, no matter how clean and smooth I drove (still at race speed though), the tyres stayed yellow and didn't cool down to blue anymore. Just to be clear: I wasn't drifting around or was doing similar BS with it. I simply overdrove it a little so that the tyres got indicated yellow, which really isn't hard to achieve with a GTR.
I eventually felt a slight decrease in grip and had to restart the run as consequence.

Correct. There's a heat sink behind the tyre surface. If you put too much heat into the surface, it will raise the temperature of that heat sink, and the tyre surface will take longer to cool. If you're aggressive enough, you'll be putting heat in faster than the tyre can dissipate it, and it will heat up and lose grip.

This is actually one of the best things I've seen physics-wise in the GTA demo.

You can test this by doing burnouts. Do a short burnout, less than ten seconds. See how quickly the tyres return to normal. Do a long burnout, a couple of minutes or more. See how much slower the tyres cool, and how they take a long, long time to get back down to blue again.

Maybe there's another explanation for what happens there, but it seems to work for me.

Latest Posts

Back