Got entry?

• Thread starter ITSHAM
  • 79 comments
image.jpg
Sorry about the blur, blame @iTranz

Question: For a so-called reverse entry to count as such, is there any particular degree past perpendicular to the straight? Also, does the angle in relation to the track as it sits stationary need to be maintained or does the angle in relation to the curb need to be maintained? I'm under the impression that it's the angle in relation to the track, and if angle is deviated from that before the point at which it becomes "normal angle" in the corner it's performed on, it isn't considered complete.
Or am I giving it too much thought?

Question: For a so-called reverse entry to count as such, is there any particular degree past perpendicular to the straight? Also, does the angle in relation to the track as it sits stationary need to be maintained or does the angle in relation to the curb need to be maintained? I'm under the impression that it's the angle in relation to the track, and if angle is deviated from that before the point at which it becomes "normal angle" in the corner it's performed on, it isn't considered complete.
Or am I giving it too much thought?

You're over-sciencing it. I like to science too. But anything 90*+ is considered a reverse entry. Just on the entry. Meaning you should be done with 90*+ before the track "deviates" into the corner.

The term "90 degree" in this context refers to the angle of the car relative to it's own direction of travel. If the car happens to be travelling parallel to a straight curb at 90+ degrees, it's a rev entry.

Trial Mountain Circuit.jpg
Tsukuba Circuit_1.png

Last edited:
I've been lurking these forums for years. Finally decided to contribute something. I use the ds3 so please excuse the twitchy steering.

Man I sometimes hop in my 200hp ae86 on tsukuba, but then i realise how horrible the clutch is on this game :mad:
Bet you were trying to do it based on this on-board haha

He's got a wild style, I like it!
I know right?! Reason why I started drifting because of him. His settings are so odd that in the end, gives him badass success. His setting for his 86 is like -4.0 front right and -2.0 front left camber (rear unaffected because 4-link live axle), front toe-out 30 deg (-0.30deg), stock factory caster, & runs ONLY 185/60R14 for his 86). All the other parts he uses are mostly available in the market like the pillow-ball tensions rods, pillow-ball 4 links (unequal length), adjustable lateral rod (I think), LSD etc. most of his products are from Cusco anyways.

EDIT: more additional stuff, he ran a Quaife Rack (meaning the car has no P/S :3) which he modified by cutting 2-3? extra teeth, uses the P/S knuckles from the GTV AE86? and runs no brake booster :P He just keeps it simple with brake pads (Tsuchiya ones/iMage C2 in particular) and/or Earl's lines (as he ran stock pads before for one his machines)

Last edited:
Hey, Sorry i haven't been keeping this thread up, I've been off GTP for some time now. But looking good guys, Keep the posts coming!

859629_675783915851474_8668977012862366650_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back