Got my first car...Chrysler 300M Special! Finally! Picture time!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CDailey
  • 222 comments
  • 10,728 views
The Impreza's front bumper is just faded stock stuff.

It's supposed to be dark grey, but it's been in Florida for 14 years.
 
Horrible interior ;)...:D

Insulting my Camaro's interior? :p Its not that bad looking. Its only problem is you need to dynomat it to reduce the road noise and squeaks and some parts feel very cheap--but hey it was America and in the 80's (90's).

And just because the car has no pics or description doesn't mean you can drive by and take a look at it. You never know--you could find a diamond in the rough (that is autotrader). Anyway I randomly picked vehicles within 100mi and $2500 or less that I'd take a look at. You can pick or choose what you like. And the P71 isn't faster than that Turbo Z. The P71 isn't a fast machine because of its weight. Stock for stock that Z would eat it alive.

1985-ish 300Z turbos 0-60mph in the lower 7 second range. The P71 is mid 8's...as is the 3000GT base/SL models.
 
JCE
Insulting my Camaro's interior? :p Its not that bad looking. Its only problem is you need to dynomat it to reduce the road noise and squeaks and some parts feel very cheap--but hey it was America and in the 80's (90's).

Exactly...and that's not something I want to do.

And just because the car has no pics or description doesn't mean you can drive by and take a look at it. You never know--you could find a diamond in the rough (that is autotrader). Anyway I randomly picked vehicles within 100mi and $2500 or less that I'd take a look at. You can pick or choose what you like.

True, but my window to buy a car is only going to be about a week, and that's a lot of driving around just to look. :indiff:


And the P71 isn't faster than that Turbo Z. The P71 isn't a fast machine because of its weight. Stock for stock that Z would eat it alive.
1985-ish 300Z turbos 0-60mph in the lower 7 second range. The P71 is mid 8's...

Really? From what I've read on crownvic.net, they say about high 7s for P71 0-60. That may be for the the 2003+ with the slightly more powerful engine.

And I know the P71 isn't fast and is heavy. That's what the wink was for under the 3000gt link. :D There's just something about it. You can't tell me you would pick a base model/SL 3000gt over a P71.


edit: I just noticed...mine and YSSMAN's thread about buying a car have a whole lot of views. I didn't realize how interested you guys were in what cars we get, lol.
 
Really? From what I've read on crownvic.net, they say about high 7s for P71 0-60. That may be for the the 2003+ with the slightly more powerful engine.

The new ones with the 250bhp engine creeps into the high 7's but the Z is still almost a second faster. And the only thing that was changed on the later P71 models (2004+) was the Marauder style air intake.

And I know the P71 isn't fast and is heavy. That's what the wink was for under the 3000gt link. :D There's just something about it. You can't tell me you would pick a base model/SL 3000gt over a P71.

Yes I would. I don't know if you were on this forum a few months ago but my original nick was JCE3000GT (as it is for the rest of the internet basically)

edit: I just noticed...mine and YSSMAN's thread about buying a car have a whole lot of views. I didn't realize how interested you guys were in what cars we get, lol.

I don't know about everyone else but I don't like to see people buy junk.
 
JCE
The new ones with the 250bhp engine creeps into the high 7's but the Z is still almost a second faster. And the only thing that was changed on the later P71 models (2004+) was the Marauder style air intake.

I don't know too many specifics since I'm just getting into them. That's interesting to know.

Yes I would. I don't know if you were on this forum a few months ago but my original nick was JCE3000GT (as it is for the rest of the internet basically)

I've been here for nearly 6 years dude. ;)

Maybe it's just me though. I would much rather have a Crown Vic (even an LX with the HPP...since they out handle the P71 anyway xD)

I don't know about everyone else but I don't like to see people buy junk.


:D
 
Ditch the P71 idea....go for a P40 instead! There's your acceleration! :lol:
 
Ditch the P71 idea....go for a P40 instead! There's your acceleration! :lol:

I'm confused...do you mean one of these?

fly-by-P-40.jpg


I think that's a little out of his price range...
 
you'll have to state what the "p71/P40" means. remember, model designations and engine designations for american market vehicles have only just come into vogue.

I've had two fords with the essex engine, and only recently learned of the head gasket trouble. this would explain the missing head bolt in my 92 LX. I had no engine trouble, though, in my mini-marquis with the CFied (TBI) essex. that little puppy could FLY, man. I wanted to turn that one into a hotrod.
 
P71 is the chassis code for the police interceptor Crown Victoria. The P40 thing was a joke.
 
FYI, P70, P71, P72, P73, and P74 are other chassis codes for the Panther platform'd Crown Victoria. P72/P73/P74 are the normal civilian codes, while the P70 is a long wheelbase one and obviously everyone knows the P71.
 
Or you could choose to be awesome, do the right thing, and get a 9C1 Caprice/Impala???

800px-1996_Caprice_9C1.JPG


Cheaper, arguably better-looking, probably would last longer as well. Plus, you can throw a T56 in there and get highway fuel mileage in the high 20's without much of a problem.
 
Faster too, and less prone to Pinto-style explosions, but its also a lot older. I know, I know, its a Caprice, so it will never break, but still.
 
Or you could choose to be awesome, do the right thing, and get a 9C1 Caprice/Impala???

800px-1996_Caprice_9C1.JPG


Cheaper, arguably better-looking, probably would last longer as well. Plus, you can throw a T56 in there and get highway fuel mileage in the high 20's without much of a problem.

That will never look as cool as a P71.
 
True, but there's only 5 Caprice's for sale within 100 miles that are under $5000 and only 2 under $2500. Neither are a 9C1.

edit: I agree with JCE. P71 is sexy IMO.
 
JCE
That will never look as cool as a P71.
Black out everything, put 5 spokers on it and grill the tail lights.


What about a big monster Caddy? Like a Fleetwood or something similar. Essentially the same idea as the Crown Vic/Caprice, yet all the more absurd when you smoke the tires (and something related to nice inside).
 
you'll have to state what the "p71/P40" means. remember, model designations and engine designations for american market vehicles have only just come into vogue.

CDailey had it right, the P40 is referring to the P40 fighter jet that Jim posted a pic of.

I'm confused...do you mean one of these?
I think that's a little out of his price range...

Haha yah, that's for sure.
 
I'm confused...do you mean one of these?

fly-by-P-40.jpg


I think that's a little out of his price range...

I'd rock that. Think of all the Ricers you could burn! Gotta love the shark mouth paint too.


And the fact the rudder is >2500
 
You could quite literally burn them. six .50 cal machine guns.

But, I digress, It's kind of off-topic.
 
Or you could choose to be awesome, do the right thing, and get a 9C1 Caprice/Impala???

800px-1996_Caprice_9C1.JPG


Cheaper, arguably better-looking, probably would last longer as well. Plus, you can throw a T56 in there and get highway fuel mileage in the high 20's without much of a problem.

The rear axle is knocked forward on each and every one of them because GM can't line things up! :p Seriously, I hate that. Each and every Caprice of that bodystyle (along with the Wimpala SS) looks like the rear axle got shifted forward.
 
Wimpala SS?

You better mind your elders...

That's still one of the coolest cars Detroit ever built. Period.

===

Thought:

Buick Roadmaster. Same car. Same engine. Probably cheaper too.
 
The '94-6 Impalas aren't the least bit cool to me, and those were the cars being referred to as Wimpalas.

Go a bit further back and I might be interested.

Then again, I don't really like too many GM products.

Anyhow, the Roadsmasher might actually be a decent idea. Slightly better looking than the Caprice/Impala and most definitely better appointed. You won't find one that's not white in Florida, CDailey, or at least not easily. (Fine, you probably will, but there's a bit of a joke that all the old people drive white Buicks...)
 
If I could afford it, I would buy an Impala SS in that lovely green-ish/blue-ish color. :drool:
 
My uncle had a '96 in the same shade, could have been mine, but Dad didn't want to pay the extra cash for it. Probably a good idea, a car like that would have only gotten me in trouble. Come to think of it, a guy near his house is selling one, and I've been meaning to go look at it. Its still one of my favorite post-modern Chevrolets.
 
I called my P71 guy back today. He said he's still got about 10 cars left. All 1998-2004 with anywhere from 65-98k miles ranging from $2000-$3500. This is starting to look very good. :D
 
*Offtopic*

You know, about the aircraft confusion that happened earlier, I decided to see if there was actually a P-71 Fighter...

No, but close...there was an XP-71

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtiss_XP-71

*Ontopic*

Ah, check those out. See if you can find one of the undercover cars in that metallic slate gray. There's one in town...Just plain badass.
 
And stay the hell away from Volvos. Anything later than a 240 is not worth your time.
The 740 and 940 are still based on that same idiotproof "chassis made out of railway rails" structure. Indestructible engines. Generally rust proof body shells, galvanized as they are. And great cars to drive, steady as trains but still nimble for their size. Pretty fast in the turbo trim. And if I had to crash a pre-1995 car I'd want to be in a Volvo when that happens.
 
*Ontopic*

Ah, check those out. See if you can find one of the undercover cars in that metallic slate gray. There's one in town...Just plain badass.

My favorite color is this brown/almost champagne color, followed by black and the grey you are talking about.

p7101np8.jpg
 
Gun metal P71 FTW!

policeinterceptor6.jpg
 
UGH!

Today started early. I woke up at 830 and got ready for the day and me and my mom drove out to my Crown Vic guy. When I spoke to him yesterday, he told me he had about 10 CVs left. We show up today and he has 2 on the lot, and one of them had already been bought. -_- So we ask to test drive and boy am I glad we did. The car was a piece of ****. It MAJORLY pulled to the right, as in you had to almost fight to keep it going straight. I had to press the brake pedal almost half way in before it started to slow. Scarey stuff. The only good thing about the car was that it would get up and go. It had the engine replaced while still in service, so it only had 68k miles on it. The tranny had just shy of 200k on it. So after about a mile, I turned around and drove the car back to the "dealer" and said "uhhhhh....no" and walked back to our car and drove away.

One of my moms former coworkers husband works at a local Toyota dealer, so we went there and talked to him and explained our situation and the days previous events. He said they don't keep cars that cheap in stock but he would go check to see if they had anything close. About 20 minutes later he comes back and says hes got a PRISTINE 1999 Cadillac STS in pearl white for $6995. I almost shat myself. I've wanted a white STS for the longest time. My mom agreed to cosign and we went from there. They had just received it as a trade in over the weekend so they hadn't had a chance to get it looked at by their mechanics. We go out to look at it. It is absoultely perfect on the outside. The guy cranked it up and it sounded amazing. He revved the engine a little and a little bit of smoke came from the exhaust. It wasn't a whole lot, and we couldn't tell if it was white or blue so we kinda shrugged it off as something small. Maybe it needed a new gasket or something. It was going to get a complete once over by their mechanics, and they will fix whatever is wrong with the car within reason - the guy said about $2000 in parts. Well, we get about 90% through all the paperwork and he comes into the loan dudes office and says "time out...remember that smoke? The head is cracked and since we don't have the tools, it's gonna cost at least $2000 to tear the engine apart." My heart sank so far down :(

Needless to say, my mom is now convinced that we have to buy a car from a dealership, and she's now willing to spend about $7000.

Suggestion time again? :indiff: I really don't care what it is as long as its not a truck, suv, van, convertible, or manual tranny.
 
Back