got the answer I was looking for

• Thread starter scottb153
  • 21 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
GTPlanet from a community standpoint is much more than just talking about Gran Turismo. Sure it might be the initial thing that pulls you to the site but people do want to discuss other things and branch out into all sorts of topics, its just human nature I guess. I don't see how restricting that would be possible or even why you would what to limit the scope of the communities discussions.

Also I don't think that the focus of GT here is exactly lacking in any way, it's pretty heavy on that side of things as it is and strikes a reasonable balance with everything else.

Essyawhaman? There's a whole Gran Turismo forum though. You're even IN the GT Sport section.

You do know this is the Internet?

No one is forcing you to look at other news, and if you so desire to only look at Gran turismo news, just peep the GT section. And ahh.. If someone is forcing you to look at it... Maybe call the police

If you could find interesting, article-worthy news on Gran Turismo every day then more power to you. However I hope you wouldn’t be the one writing the articles because I thought I was having an annuerism trying to read that opening post.

Do you think removing news about other games would mean more GT news? There isn’t some sort of secret news trove that GTP pulls its stories from, if there was some new GTS or “GT7” news out there there would be an article on it.

I did the post when I was drunk so you've got as much a clue as to what it's about lol... got roasted for showing some admiration for the game and studio and trying to say they should keep this as a GT Site only it's just I see things to do with telemetry dashes for games but GT won't support it so in my opinion that's a waste of money and it's top of my news feed, it just made me think sport would be good if polophony or someone made a better UI and HUB to meet sport players I feel people are using different forums and not just a solid one- like this

I play GT Sport a lot, and this community has been invaluable in adding to the experience. But I also play other racing games, and am glad that I can find answers to most of my driving game questions on this site.

It does, as a community by a country mile.

sketch-1532246043856.png

But then there are other cool car related stuff out there. Especially when FH4 comes out (pardon my French).

I know it's a stupid question but wouldn't it be better if this site catered to GT sport and the GT franchise exclusively and headlined especially the forums, saying this I fully understand choosing to have multiple games to keep the news fresh but really all I'm here for GT and all things compatible with the franchise so this is not interesting to me as I'm sworn by GT Sport's execution at introducing the racing game community to state of the arts physics systems and simple rules to lift the GT franchise off even more and it's enough to create full sites with just its history nevermind it's recent successive attempt to be more mainstream and actually get your average person to think more about motersport and think twice about difficulty been more of a curve than astump in GT games this being a refrence to my times with earlier GTS I find them good games and solid sims but been born in 94 I was dragged towards the arcade games and easier driving games but the difficulty I now seek delivers in sport and makes me able to say that now I'm officially a player of sim racing and I'm very satisfied with gran turismo franchise's progress.

This one being to immerse and propel prople into the subtonic, vibrant, beautiful but heated and heart pumping moments of next to real life racing experiences or as close as it gets from the comfort of your chair... now that's a powerful sim and sets out to deliver such an experience.... through the hard times and the good

I've finally found a sport that I'm willing to integrate with and meet people with the same attitude towards clean and fun racing... If your frustrated with Sport just know you have the capability to become number one on just a qualifying lap it's a once in a life time opportunity that offers you a chance to seek a journey through the virtual devide and into reality with four lumps of rubber screaming through the APEX

GT planet branches out to the wider community Scott and covers more than just even sim racing believe it or not. In todays market of revenue, in order for GTP to cover costs and keep it running it has to cover a wide range of games and events. Advertising revenue makes money etc. I've been here since 2011 and it's a great site. You're not the first to want it to be GT exclusive, but GT doesn't provide enough news on its own with slow trickles of content. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's a stupid question but wouldn't it be better if this site catered to GT sport and the GT franchise exclusively and headlined especially the forums, saying this I fully understand choosing to have multiple games to keep the news fresh but really all I'm here for GT and all things compatible with the franchise so this is not interesting to me as I'm sworn by GT Sport's execution at introducing the racing game community to state of the arts physics systems and simple rules to lift the GT franchise off even more and it's enough to create full sites with just its history nevermind it's recent successive attempt to be more mainstream and actually get your average person to think more about motersport and think twice about difficulty been more of a curve than astump in GT games this being a refrence to my times with earlier GTS I find them good games and solid sims but been born in 94 I was dragged towards the arcade games and easier driving games but the difficulty I now seek delivers in sport and makes me able to say that now I'm officially a player of sim racing and I'm very satisfied with gran turismo franchise's progress.

This one being to immerse and propel prople into the subtonic, vibrant, beautiful but heated and heart pumping moments of next to real life racing experiences or as close as it gets from the comfort of your chair... now that's a powerful sim and sets out to deliver such an experience.... through the hard times and the good

I've finally found a sport that I'm willing to integrate with and meet people with the same attitude towards clean and fun racing... If your frustrated with Sport just know you have the capability to become number one on just a qualifying lap it's a once in a life time opportunity that offers you a chance to seek a journey through the virtual devide and into reality with four lumps of rubber screaming through the APEX

Yes,its totally stupid question

Who would that be better for?

I did the post when I was drunk so you've got as much a clue as to what it's about lol... got roasted for showing some admiration for the game and studio and trying to say they should keep this as a GT Site only it's just I see things to do with telemetry dashes for games but GT won't support it so in my opinion that's a waste of money and it's top of my news feed, it just made me think sport would be good if polophony or someone made a better UI and HUB to meet sport players I feel people are using different forums and not just a solid one- like this

But there's still no full stops in this one either...? :confused:

As @Famine said, you can just click here for a feed of only GT news.

If the site focused only on GT, it wouldn't exist in its current form. News for one game is sporadic at best (any game, really), and all of the other stuff we cover now accounts for more of our traffic. GT tends to do better than any one game in terms of hits — as you'd expect after 15 years of the site being known primarily as a source for GT news.

Sorry everyone like I said I was drunk.
I got one decent response

I knew you'd guys go to work on me, just keep grammer complaints to yourself please I think it's rude especially if it's just for the sake of it.

it says nowhere to come here and moan but that's what forums attract

I've put the spaces so you can keep up I like to talk fast sometimes or else I don't talk at all.

It's good to see people take they're community serious thanks for understanding why I deleted the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back