Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.4, Gr.B - BoP Tables

the Z4 nerf lol...

tenor.gif

Hi all. :)

We have an unusual update to the spreadsheet.
Unusual in the fact that it isn't due to a notification from PD regarding changes to BoP.
As it stands, there have been no changes to Power or Weight to any of the cars I've just checked since v1.38 (except for 1 very strange case)
But ... some of the other ratings for many cars have changed nonetheless.

For now I have concentrated on the Gr.1 and Gr.3 cars, as they are currently being used in Sport Mode events, and have checked all cars in both categories.
I will check the Gr.2, Gr.4, and Gr.B cars in the next few days.

So, what has been found?

Gr.1:
We have 5 standout cars.
The Peugeot 908 has had a Power and Torque increase. I can find no notification of this happening, and to my knowledge it has always had the same figures since release. Mystery.
The Hyundai 2025 and the Porsche 962 are completely unchanged.
The Alpine VGT now has lower Max. Speed and Cornering.
And the Audi R18 '11 now has lower Cornering.

All cars, except for the two unchanged cars mentioned above, have a lower Stability rating.
The majority have dropped by 0.1
But the Mazda LM55 and the Nissan GT-R have dropped by 0.2, and the Peugeot L750 has dropped by 0.3

Gr.3:
Mixed bag with 14 of the 35 cars unchanged.
And that makes for a long list of changes, with most being a 0.1 change, but I guess we can roll with it.
So ... Here we go:
Alfa 4C down in Max. Speed and Stability.
BMW M6's down in Max. Speed and Cornering.
BMW Z4 down in Max. Speed and Stability.
Citroen GT down in Accel. and Stability.
Dodge Viper down in Stability.
Hyundai Genesis down 0.2 in Max. Speed.
Jaguar F-Type down in Max. Speed and Stability.
Lambo Huracan down in Max. Speed and Braking.
Lexus RC'16 down in Max. Speed.
Lexus RC'17 up in Accel. and Stability.
Mazda Atenza down in Max. Speed.
McLaren 650 down in Max. Speed and up in Stability.
McLaren F1 down 0.3 in Max. Speed.
Mercedes AMG GT3 up in Max. Speed but down in Stability.
Porsche 911 down in Max. Speed, Cornering, and down 0.2 Stability.
Renault RS01 down in Max. Speed.
Subaru WRX down in Stability.
Toyota FT-1 down in Accel., and down 0.2 in Max. Speed and Stability.
Toyota Supra down 0.2 in Stability.
Volkswagen Bettle down in Accel. and Stability.

I guess the standouts are the RC'17 which got a buff, the F1 which lost 0.3 Max. Speed, and the 911 and FT-1 who both dropped ratings in 3 categories.

Do with all that info. what you will. :lol:

Will give these a test to see how it affects them. But some of those numbers do not look promising.

Also not sure why these are getting changed with 17 rounds of the season remaining.

Last edited:
Was half a second slower in the Lambo today compared to yesterday at Interlagos so I guess that might explain some of it
Will give these a test to see how it affects them. But some of those numbers do not look promising.

Also not sure why these are getting changed with 17 rounds of the season remaining.
I have no evidence that these changes were made when introducing v1.40
In fact, I would be surprised if these changes haven't happened slowly over the past handful of months.

It used to be quite easy to have all of these figures continually up to date because PD used to be constantly adjusting the BoP.
But as you would have noticed, the amount of BoP change notifications have become less and less as time goes on.
The (now) archived sheet for Gr.3 was for v1.34, which is quite some months ago.
And I don't bother trying to get fresh numbers for near enough 100 cars every time an update drops, as it's quite a lot of work.

I will put a note on the spreadsheet this time to show that all cars have been re-checked.
But I just wanted to clear up that these changes aren't strictly because of v1.40 and happened only two days ago. 👍

Couldn't this simply be a fix/change from PD on how the ratings are defined? Maybe they weren't correctly presented before?

If the power and weight is still the same, I really doubt this is a actual BoP change and has any effect on the cars.

Couldn't this simply be a fix/change from PD on how the ratings are defined? Maybe they weren't correctly presented before?

If the power and weight is still the same, I really doubt this is a actual BoP change and has any effect on the cars.
Yep, sure.
The formulas used to calculate the ratings may have changed.
And of course, if we use a random example such as something rated 5.8, there is a range higher and lower before it will change to 5.9 or 5.7.

But for my money there are too many anomalies for it to be as simple as that.
Look at Gr.3's Max. Speed numbers for example.
Sure plenty have dropped by 0.1, although only 11 of the 35 cars have.
But two cars have dropped 0.2, one car has dropped 0.3, and one car has actually improved by 0.1
And not one of the Gr.3 cars has had a change in Power, Torque, or Weight.

It's not the first time this sort of thing has happened.
Here's a quote of mine from 4 months ago ...
"And as I've mentioned before, there is some evidence of more than just Power and Weight changes.
The NSX has gained Power but now is rated to have less Acceleration and less Stability, whereas the Renault has lost Power but has increased in Max. Speed while also losing some Stability."

At the end of the day I guess you can test it for yourself anyway.
Does the McLaren F1 still have a top speed advantage, or is it really not much better now than the Peugeot VGT or Ford GT?

At the end of the day I guess you can test it for yourself anyway.
Does the McLaren F1 still have a top speed advantage, or is it really not much better now than the Peugeot VGT or Ford GT?

F1 still reaches 290 km/h at the straight of sarthe with bop on and no tuning with racing hard tires. So i guess nothing changed about it. And they nerfed ford gt lm spec btw.

I'm wondering if the changes are to reflect the effects of the physics change in last update? Seems crazy to me if the numerical specs are the same, there are no BOP announcements and the change happened midway through the FIA season. In any case, I always value driving the cars myself over these performance bars. They have no place in a racing sim IMO.

Yay, I've finally updated GR.4. :P

Sorry if a few of you have been grumbling under your breath at me.
And yep, I've been a lazy so-and-so. :guilty:
But it's all done now. 👍

So currently we have Gr.4 fully updated to 1.43, and Gr.3 updated to 1.40.
I'll check on Gr.3 tomorrow, and then wait to see if the new Time Trials involve Gr.1 or Gr.2.
If not I'll update those 2 via the Lobby system.

I've added the Power and Weight percent ratios to Gr.4 ... because ... why not. :)
I guess the one car that stands out is the Renault Megane, as it's the only car that sits at 100% / 100%
Whether that means this is some sort of baseline performance car is anyone's guess.

Anyway, just a quick headsup that I haven't forgotten about the spreadsheet.
And I'll try to get all sheets fully updated to 1.43 over the next few days. 👍

Link to the spreadsheet can be found in the first post.

*snip*
I've added the Power and Weight percent ratios to Gr.4 ... because ... why not. :)
I guess the one car that stands out is the Renault Megane, as it's the only car that sits at 100% / 100%
Whether that means this is some sort of baseline performance car is anyone's guess.
In Gr.4 I've always wondered if it was the Mustang as it's never been changed to my knowledge, and I think it's the only one that hasn't ever had any love/hate.

And great job 👍, thanks for keeping it updated :cheers:.

In Gr.4 I've always wondered if it was the Mustang as it's never been changed to my knowledge, and I think it's the only one that hasn't ever had any love/hate.

And great job 👍, thanks for keeping it updated :cheers:.
Cheers. 👍

I have an archived sheet for Gr.4 that goes back to v1.05.
Looking at that, and comparing only the HP and Weight of all cars from then until now, neither the Megane nor the Mustang show that they've never been changed.
In fact there are 3 cars that still have the same HP and Weight now as they did just a couple of weeks after the release of the game.
(Whether they have bounced up or down during that time I didn't bother to check)
Those cars are the Chevy C7, Dodge Viper, and Hyundai Genesis.
All other cars have changed.

Phew ... that was a lot of numbers. :ouch:

A quick heads up to say that the spreadsheet is completely up to date. 👍

All cars in Groups 1, 2, 3, 4, and B have been checked and adjusted for v1.43.
All cars now have Power and Weight % ratios added.
All old sheets have been archived.

There really isn't anything noteworthy to add, so I won't bother.

But on that note, I'm putting the spreadsheet into retirement for a while. :lol:

@Tassie_tiger I'm assuming the tables are up to date? I love referencing your work when looking for a new manufacturer!
Hi mate.
Nope, my bad. :guilty:

As far as I know, almost all of the numbers were good up until the 18th of this month.
But I haven't updated the spreadsheet to account for the recent changes.

I'll try to find some time in the next few days to sort it out. 👍

Hi mate.
Nope, my bad. :guilty:

As far as I know, almost all of the numbers were good up until the 18th of this month.
But I haven't updated the spreadsheet to account for the recent changes.

I'll try to find some time in the next few days to sort it out. 👍
If it helps, from what I've heard no changes were made outside of the Gr.4 Supra being added to the tables.

If it helps, from what I've heard no changes were made outside of the Gr.4 Supra being added to the tables.
Thanks for the heads up. 👍

I had a look, went through Brand Central to double check I had all cars in the 5 groups, and then jumped into the Nations event while it was still open for me because I could get Gr.4 Sport Mode numbers on all cars.
And as you say, very little has changed.
There is a handful of cars that have had a 0.1 change to top speed, and of course the new Supra added, but that is it.

I'll get Gr.2 & 3 numbers tomorrow from Sport Mode, and then update the spreadsheet.
Gr.1 & B numbers I'll just get from a lobby in the next day or two.

Thanks Tassie.

I saw one of your earlier posts saying you were putting the spreadsheet into retirement for a while so, in your absence I went through the gr.4 and Gr.3 and updated my own copy of your sheet. Like you said, only a few cars had actual BoP changes, and some 0.1 changes to top speed without a BoP change.

I truly appreciate the effort you put into making this! Like I said, I copied your spreadsheet so I could edit it but I had to delete all weight, torque etc since my North American version of thegame has everything in lbs not kg and I dont see a way to change that. I did not feel like redoing all those numbers or converting your kg to lbs. Let's just say it gave me a deeper understanding of all the work that went in to making this.

Thanks again!

Back