Gr. 1 Prototype Series Race - Road Atlanta - Tips & Tricks

• Thread starter vcx
  • 72 comments
I used the ever popular Porsche 919. Wasn't sure what strat to go for, or how the AI would play their cards, so I just went on Fuel Map 5 and Racing Medium tires. Was hoping I could one stop like that. However, I had to pit with a bit more then half left of the race. I figured, hey, lets see what the AI does. A bit into the 2nd stint, still on FM5, I realize I would not win it like this on a 2 stopper, so I bumped into FM6 and shortshifted for some extreme fuel saving. Managed to get to the end and won by ca. 10 seconds. Note this is on Hard race difficulty, not sure how much it differs.

I think RM on FM6 is the optimal strat for a nice 1 stopper. The RM's get quite worn but nothing that can't be handled.

Wilk in the Pug is super fast, but he also makes multiple pit stops, so he's no worry :)

This track is a blast in LMP1 !

I used the Peugeot L750R Hybrid for this race, RM tires and fuel mixture 3 the entire race. If I remember correctly, I went to the pits every 7 or 8 laps.
It was an uneventful race, the AI break hard for the first corner, but the cars have enough downforce to make it at 270+ km/h, you can take advantage on that. The hybrid system on this car is one of my favorites in the game, it gives you a great push exiting the corner onto the back straight, and it is fast to recharge.

Last edited:
787B with RM tires set right at PP limit. Fully customized suspension with stock settings on that and the LSD. Transmission was set at 360. I had the high RPM turbo. Downforce was set to minimum. All assists were on at max. I ran FM1 for the first stint, then realized my tires would last through a couple more laps, so I switched to FM6 for the rest of the race. I stopped twice. Easy win.

Peugeot L750R FM6 / RH.

Just go as long as the fuel will take you. Pit for more fuel, don't change tyres.

Next stop you'll need fuel and tyres, by that stage you'll be in the lead or just behind the leaders who will pit once more.

Easy win.

Used the Porsche, FM6 and mediums.
First stint was no short shift, had to pit after ~14 minutes. 2nd stint I did some short shifting and went to the end, had 20sek or so gap to P2 in the end.

Red Bull X2019 Competition, Racing Medium Tires, Fuel Map 6. All I added was the power restrictor set to 71. I pitted once and lapped almost the entire field twice.

Porsche 919, pit every 10 mins for fuel and RH. You'll probably have to run FM3 for a few laps each stint to make it on fuel depending how quick you go. Easily won by over 30 seconds on hard difficulty on my first attempt. If you're running 1:07 average you should easily win, I found the 919 on RH will happily run 1:05 until the tyres wear.

I used the x2019 car.

Waste of time I didn't even get the clean race bonus thing. :yuck:

I lost 407K on wasting my time with that race. Again :yuck:

Toyota TS030 Hybrid
Easy on fuel and handles like it's on rails, fun to drive on this track.

Last edited:
I tried something a bit different and went with the Tomahawk S VGT road car. Put Hards on it and turned the power down to make it 949pp. Did 2 stops and mostly went with Fuel @ 6, and as soon as the car is straight enough lean on the happy button for the boost, and by the end had a 50 second lead and lapped up to 3rd place.

Last edited:
I used the Super Formula car and did 3 stops on map 1. You can probably do the race quicker with fuel saving but it's time limited anyway so it doesn't really matter.

It does get dark at the end but visibility is fine, all the corners are well lit.

Last edited:
Normal difficulty, L750R on auto, 3 stopper, mediums (change only at 2nd stop), FM2/3.

Best combo for me of speed, economy and performance. Just needed a bit of attention to stretch one of the stints to 7 laps, otherwise it would’ve needed a splash-and-dash at the end.

EAA5F8EC-C5E6-4AB8-839C-9575E9B44F16.jpeg

Red Bull X2019 Competition, Racing Medium Tires, Fuel Map 6. All I added was the power restrictor set to 71. I pitted once and lapped almost the entire field twice.
Just tried your set up and only lasted until 22mins before having to pit for fuel.
It's a 30min race, but at this rate it seems impossible to do a one stopper?

I just done this after 2 days of trying.
I used the L750, medium tires.
I used fuel map 6 which can do about 10laps on a full tank
I pitted the end of lap 10 which was around 11 min in fully filled up and had new tires, stayed on map 6 then again at the end of lap 19 which was 23min fully filled up and new tires.
Now I did not need to fully fill up but get around 65% to take me to the end, but the extra I got mean I could use fuel map 2 to take me to the end.

With fuel map 6, you wont have the top end speed with the stock transmission so you will slowly be losing ground, but where this car excels at is corning, throw the car around those bends as quickly as possible.
But with fuel maps 3 and lower you will be gaining ground.
Now to get the most amount of laps per tank, I lifted off just before turn 2, so I did not have to use as much brake for turn 3 and could brake a little later. just before the right bend before turn 5 was another lift off point, before turn 6 and at the decent towards turn 10a
Take caution with the pit entry, you can easily cross the lines or go off pit road and get a penalty, same goes for pit exit.
If you cut a corner even a little, you will get punished before you can even give back an advantage and 1/2s in a Gr1 car is a huge amount.
I dont know what it is with this track but touch the grass even a little and you will be bounced to the moon.
1669533727069.png

Last edited:
I just done this after 2 days of trying.
I used the L750, medium tires.
I used fuel map 6 which can do about 10laps on a full tank
I pitted the end of lap 10 which was around 11 min in fully filled up and had new tires, stayed on map 6 then again at the end of lap 19 which was 23min fully filled up and new tires.
Now I did not need to fully fill up but get around 65% to take me to the end, but the extra I got mean I could use fuel map 2 to take me to the end.

With fuel map 6, you wont have the top end speed with the stock transmission so you will slowly be losing ground, but where this car excels at is corning, throw the car around those bends as quickly as possible.
But with fuel maps 3 and lower you will be gaining ground.
Now to get the most amount of laps per tank, I lifted off just before turn 2, so I did not have to use as much brake for turn 3 and could brake a little later. just before the right bend before turn 5 was another lift off point, before turn 6 and at the decent towards turn 10a
Take caution with the pit entry, you can easily cross the lines or go off pit road and get a penalty, same goes for pit exit.
If you cut a corner even a little, you will get punished before you can even give back an advantage and 1/2s in a Gr1 car is a huge amount.
I dont know what it is with this track but touch the grass even a little and you will be bounced to the moon.
The L750R imo seems to be the jack of all trades on this course and has good exit speed. Most of the cars mentioned in this thread seem to handle like they're on rails and this L750R is no exception and I also find the suspension is more compliant over bumps and doesn't upset the car as much.

The L750R imo seems to be the jack of all trades on this course and has good exit speed. Most of the cars mentioned in this thread seem to handle like they're on rails and this L750R is no exception and I also find the suspension is more compliant over bumps and doesn't upset the car as much.
One issue was lapped traffic.
The Group C cars are so slow around corners you may rear end them and in Fuel map 6, they will start to gain or pull away on the straights.

Back