Gr. 1 Prototype Series Race - Road Atlanta - Tips & Tricks

• Thread starter vcx
  • 72 comments
TS030 hybrid. Med tyres, fuel map 4 i believe.. pit dead on 20mins remaining and 10mins.. Car has 1 upgrade, the med turbo.

Attachments

• 20221127_020733.jpg
    20221127_020733.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 102
What a great addition to the game!
Just made first attempt: 4 stops in LM55 VGT, two sets of medium tires. P10 at 39 secs from leader. Many mistakes in the curvy section, so I know I can win it.
I look forward to testing lots of Gr1 cars here!
Group V cars are an easier win.
High Power, high downforce, decent fuel economy yet lower PP rating than they should have.

SF19.

FM1 with RS tyres.

Fuel and tyres only last 6 laps going balls out. So 3 pit and the final 3 laps of the race dropped down to FM6 to ensure I'd finish.

Won by 3 seconds after a couple of errors midway through which added 5 seconds to a couple of laps. Also copped a 1 sec penalty due to going over the pit entry line.

Porsche 919, RM, FM2 from turn 1 to 7 and FM1 the rest of the lap. (this save a little fuel each laps and no difference in laptime, ensuring 3 pits and no more)

I wont it twice yesterday on Hard. 919, two stops, mostly FM1 and RM. Passed leaders with ~2 laps to go. 750R VGT, also RM and two stops, but requires FM5 and 6 for the most part. Passed leaders with ~5 laps to go.

I had my first win today in Mazda LM55 VGT. 3 stops, first 3 stints 6 laps each, start on RM, switch to RH halfway at second stop. Fuel saving mode 2 and 3 in last stint to last 7 laps. Won with 30 secs ahead of P2.

First attempt in GR010 ended with a 14th place finish after getting punted off the track twice. That was fuel 6 with hard tyres but couldn't turn it into a one stop.

Second attempt. 2nd. This time medium tyres and fuel 1. Three stop run. Next attempt will have to be tomorrow.

Third attempt. Medium tyres three stops, one punt and one pitlane penalty. Passed the lead two cars on the last lap. Passed one at the hairpin and the leader under breaking for the chicane. Grabbed the win! I rather like this track.

I finally got the win last night in my 4th attempt using the 919 on a 1 stop/RH strategy others have suggested. I had taken a 2nd and 3rd both times running out of gas around the chicane with a lead. There seems to be something off on the fuel usage in the last lap. I was using an FM6 dropping to FM1 on the straight then back to FM6 the remainder. Won by 14 seconds this time, also with better pace considering all the practice :rolleyes:. In testing the LM55 with RM last night considering a 2 stop 9/8/8 strategy, it should be around 15 seconds faster overall. I love the addition of this track and this race, with the shift from day to night, different strategies from the AI, and the overall challenge of GR1 cars over 30 minutes. Brilliant!

Porsche 919, full rich, race medium, either 3 or 4 stops I can't remember now. Either way just run laps in the 1:05:xxx range and you'll be fine no matter what.

The superformula cars can be used for some reason..
Yup just used the SF19, ran lean till I did not need too, 2 pit stops, hards won with over 35s lapped upto 6th, could have done much better, not used that car before, had just driven old f1 car, so took a few laps to get used to it, easy beatable but fl 1.12.012

SF19.

FM1 with RS tyres.

Fuel and tyres only last 6 laps going balls out. So 3 pit and the final 3 laps of the race dropped down to FM6 to ensure I'd finish.

Won by 3 seconds after a couple of errors midway through which added 5 seconds to a couple of laps. Also copped a 1 sec penalty due to going over the pit entry line.
Hi,

I can RH, lean fuel, 12 minutes per tank, last pit was just under 6 minutes to go, dropped to 2nd but they pitted, won with a 35 second gap, could have been more, first try and first time using that car, fl 1.12.012 easy to beat, barely used push to pass lol, only spottee it on lap 16, did 23 laps ;)

i tried four cars, the porsche 919, the toyota ts050 and ts030 and the peugeot l750r. the porsche and the toyotas do great on fuel map 3 and mediums tyres, just pit every 9 laps and try to lap 1:07's/1:08's, but for the peugeot i used fuel map 1 with mediums and had to pit 4 times (every 5 laps) and for the final stint i ran fuel map 3 so i could do lap 26, and was lapping 1:04's/1:05's for the event but on furl map 3 i ran 1:05's/1:06's

Mazda LM55 for the relatively easy win. RM FM6 for 9 laps > pit > RM FM6 for 9 laps > pit > RM FM3/4 for 6 laps and the win.

Mazda LM55 for the relatively easy win. RM FM6 for 9 laps > pit > RM FM6 for 9 laps > pit > RM FM3/4 for 6 laps and the win.
Or with the same car: RM FM1 for 6 laps, pit for fuel but keep the tires, another 6 laps FM1, change to RH and do another 6 laps FM1, keep tires stop for fuel, finish final 7 laps on FM 2/3.

Mazda LM55 With extra mid turbo. Hard tyres. Didn’t change them at pit stops. FM 6 the whole race. 1st pit stop after around 10-12 mins in, fill up. Pit again with around 6-7 laps left. Just take the fuel you need for the 30 mins timer to run out.

R92CP, Praiano's suspension, RM's, two stopper on FM6 and short-shifting with medium turbo. Definitely isn't the quickest due to how much fuel it sips, but I wanted a change from the 787B and 919. The 750 dominates here, as many others have already stated.

Its a shame there's no reason to re-run the race unless one already has every car + tuning completed... Could have a lot of fun running different cars here. I guess it'll be here in three years when I finally have enough credits to be comfortable (assuming GT8 isn't out by then)

This was really enjoyable. Used the 919 as recommended. Won +16s. Didn't get the CRB, unfortunately, as 2 fighting backmarkers took me out. 😒😒😒
The day-night transition looked amazing.

How is everyone doing this with a 1 stop? I tried both the 919 & X2019 and had to 2 stop with FM5-6

919 was the 2nd attempt and ran out of fuel 2 corners from the end!

Tried the TS050 just now, mix 1 soft tires and a 3 stopper, ran a purple lap and took the lead through T1 with 2:10 on the clock but got punted on the brakes to T3. Oddly enough the stewards thought it was a clean move and didn't penalize the punter. :confused:

Is anyone else getting a 1 second penalty every time you pit? I can't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
Well I won the race with the SuperFormula car. But the AI couldn't help but punish me for not running a Group 1 car:

Do have to give credit to the Jaguar V12 AI that held the inside line in T4, though.

Last edited:
First try. Used the RB25th(detuned ECU, stock RM). Three stops(final stop was 5 minutes to go), but had to slow twice for cars out of fuel in the esses. The second time, I bounced off the inner exit kerb(T5) and spun around. Losing precious time. Still finished P2, but 30 seconds behind the winning SRT.

Tried the TS050 just now, mix 1 soft tires and a 3 stopper, ran a purple lap and took the lead through T1 with 2:10 on the clock but got punted on the brakes to T3. Oddly enough the stewards thought it was a clean move and didn't penalize the punter. :confused:

Is anyone else getting a 1 second penalty every time you pit? I can't understand what I'm doing wrong.
There's a dotted line for pit entry. Crossing it will give you a penalty.

First run I tried the Mazda LM55 and I was all over the place, penalties for track limits, maybe got a 10th place, I don't recall exactly.
For the second run used the Porsche 919 (not very confident, to be honest, the Mazda was the go to car on other Gr. 1/950pp races, just tried because people mentioned frequently in this thread), oh boy, what a car/track combination, three stops on RM, because I feel the car is just dead on power as soon it runs out of batteries in lean fuel maps, the last one I didn't change tires, ws just a splash of fuel to finish. The Peugeot 750 VGT is fast but stops all the time, I just tried to avoid being involved in accidents with AI cars, which is not easy, you can loose so much time on the esses behind slower cars (like in real life, usually a lot incidents there between lead contenders putting laps on slower cars at Petit Le Mans race).

@meekrab Most likely cutting the line for pit entrance, did it once and took different line.. no more issues.
Coming down the hill towards pit entry, keep far right.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this with the Ferrari VGT? I used it for the Hypercar Parade races and it stomped the field by absolutely miles - is it any good as a Gr.1 stand-in??

Back