GR.3 Saturday

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 21,901 comments
Decent race there in lobby A, though I fell to the back of the pack after a lap. Finally did one without spinning except for a late braking into the wall by misjudgement. My car seems to dislike the other Ford of @Rinsky akin to a GT vs. Mustang. Been having a bit of tackle with him every weekend whenever my car detects him (LOL) :lol:

The car handled better on softs than mediums, and I had to abandon my last stint after a series of aggressive strategy due to the light crash damage.

It was nice to see you survive lap 1 and actually get to race you a bit.

This was a really fun track. I found the safest place to pass was the final turn. If i took away the outside the car on inside of the turn was at a severe disadvantage.

I believe i passed you early in the race like that and then nerdfam later on the same way.

It was nice to see you survive lap 1 and actually get to race you a bit.

This was a really fun track. I found the safest place to pass was the final turn. If i took away the outside the car on inside of the turn was at a severe disadvantage.

I believe i passed you early in the race like that and then nerdfam later on the same way.
I was glad to survive lap 1 while holding off the midfield despite being one of the slowest racers (albeit mobile, on-track chicane LOL). Though I'm sorry for two separate bumps, one in the final turn while I was trying to defend inside and sliding off to outside and had to let you go, and the other at turn 1 when I outbraked myself into the grass and turned into your bum when the radar showed that you had went past me.

It is indeed a fun track, though defending from the faster cars in the early stages was what kept me pushing for more until I hit the grass. I'm never racing until I hit the grass or spun into the wall. :lol:

Decent race there in lobby A, though I fell to the back of the pack after a lap. Finally did one without spinning except for a late braking into the wall by misjudgement. My car seems to dislike the other Ford of @Rinsky akin to a GT vs. Mustang. Been having a bit of tackle with him every weekend whenever my car detects him (LOL) :lol:

The car handled better on softs than mediums, and I had to abandon my last stint after a series of aggressive strategy due to the light crash damage.

Going straight into the first turn I had people on both sides of me and I said to myself this ain't gonna be good. Too many cars not enough track. There was some light contact between a few of us but everyone made it through unhurt.

Then comes the second lap T1. I had a good run on you @TurboTacho coming out of that last corner going down the front straight but I also had the worst line into T1 so I clipped the curb to much and that's all it took to send the Mustang spinning across the track.
And as luck would have it I spun out in front of you.
So that was completely my fault and you did absolutely nothing wrong.

Happy Sunday everyone sounds like everyone had a good time sorry I missed it buttttt ITS RACE DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20191117_090004.jpg
    IMG_20191117_090004.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 18
Going straight into the first turn I had people on both sides of me and I said to myself this ain't gonna be good. Too many cars not enough track. There was some light contact between a few of us but everyone made it through unhurt.

Then comes the second lap T1. I had a good run on you @TurboTacho coming out of that last corner going down the front straight but I also had the worst line into T1 so I clipped the curb to much and that's all it took to send the Mustang spinning across the track.
And as luck would have it I spun out in front of you.
So that was completely my fault and you did absolutely nothing wrong.
No worries about that! Don't put yourself at blame for the crash. I managed to react on time and stopped to avoid getting a heavier damage or even a pile up.

Come to think of that, last season in a variation of that track I spun a lot off that kerb in T1 because I threw in the power too much. It always happens if you're not chasing the limit and tickling your toes to go super slow!
I've had a good share of my taste of medicine spin after spin. That's how a turbo and tacho spins eh! :lol:

No worries about that! Don't put yourself at blame for the crash. I managed to react on time and stopped to avoid getting a heavier damage or even a pile up.

Come to think of that, last season in a variation of that track I spun a lot off that kerb in T1 because I threw in the power too much. It always happens if you're not chasing the limit and tickling your toes to go super slow!
I've had a good share of my taste of medicine spin after spin. That's how a turbo and tacho spins eh! :lol:

I was rolling through turn 1 between 65-75mph depending on my tires, then a quick blip of the throttle followed by hard braking just before entering turn 2.

That seemed to be my fastest section of the track.

Sorry about missing last night guys. Stayed late at the shop getting a car ready for the WRL race at COTA next weekend, which I will be at providing race support, so I will miss next week as well. See yall in a couple weeks. (pics below of said car)

View attachment 866245 View attachment 866246
That's awesome man good luck to yall! Let us know how yall do....see ya in a couple of weeks man

This was a pretty fun race. Made a few mistakes, but I really don't think it affected my finish. @Herimopp89 was way more consistent even though I think I had the car that was better suited for the track. I made the wrong strategy call once again I'm afraid, which cost me 3 - 5 seconds to Heri every time I pit and a little longer on the first stop when I had to repair aero (sorry again @7ylerallen).

In a way it's a good thing I'm not comfortable leading a race early, because the Supra off the line is horrendous. It's possible to get an ok start and probable for a bad one, but you'll never launch the thing and think to yourself "hmm, really good start there", never going to happen! 1st to 5th by T1. If you got any tips @Neutty, I'm all ears man.

My issues aside, it was a good night of racing with battles being fought all around.

:cheers:

Here's my onboard, powered by ARL...

This was a pretty fun race. Made a few mistakes, but I really don't think it affected my finish. @Herimopp89 was way more consistent even though I think I had the car that was better suited for the track. I made the wrong strategy call once again I'm afraid, which cost me 3 - 5 seconds to Heri every time I pit and a little longer on the first stop when I had to repair aero (sorry again @7ylerallen).

In a way it's a good thing I'm not comfortable leading a race early, because the Supra off the line is horrendous. It's possible to get an ok start and probable for a bad one, but you'll never launch the thing and think to yourself "hmm, really good start there", never going to happen! 1st to 5th by T1. If you got any tips @Neutty, I'm all ears man.

My issues aside, it was a good night of racing with battles being fought all around.

I just hold the throttle just below half.
The launch, possibly one of the more important parts of the race, everyone gets all kinds of laps in, yet you hardly see anyone practice the launch. I try to get a few minutes on my launch every race night.

I just hold the throttle just below half.
The launch, possibly one of the more important parts of the race, everyone gets all kinds of laps in, yet you hardly see anyone practice the launch. I try to get a few minutes on my launch every race night.
It is indeed important, totally agreed. This car, however, does not cooperate :lol:.

You're going to have to try it to fully understand. Select the Supra, turn BoP on in time trial and attempt a launch. You'll see.

It is indeed important, totally agreed. This car, however, does not cooperate :lol:.

You're going to have to try it to fully understand. Select the Supra, turn BoP on in time trial and attempt a launch. You'll see.

Trust me I only figured out the vw this season. I kinda can trust spinning the tires a little bit more than what I used to in it and it helps so much off the line.

The supra has so much straight line speed it's crazy

After watching your start spin the tires a little bit more I start at about half throttle and let her go when the lights go off

So, I only recently stumbled upon the launch of Supra. Anticipation is key. Watching your launch in that video, you made a mistake.

TO EVERYONE WANTING TO PRACTICE STARTS, it is HIGHLY recommended that you practice on an actual start of the race, especially in cars that start like the Supra, where rpms drop if it’s not right. If you practice in time trial or practice it’s just not going to be the same.

Secret to Supra..
50-60% throttle, while holding handbrake, when you let the button out instant full throttle, get rear tires spinning and use your foot to keep the car moving forward with minimal spin, but yet out of the “bogging” threshold. This WILL, cause you to lose atleast 1 position.
Last week I timed the light soooo perfect, it was like a .000 reaction time, yet Sam was still next to me at the first turn I think.
This week, I was a little behind but the car did bog a little. Supra sucks to start, but is a beast on track.

I just shared a couple replays, it’s in time trial at spa, but one is Supra one is amg. The way I start with the amg seems to be pretty decent, and it doesn’t feel like the Supra is too far off to me. Tags are bop, gr3, launch. Titles are gr3 bop launch testing Supra (amg)

PRESS RELEASE:

We are please to announce Ford Racing has agreed to pickup where we left off. At the back of the pack. Black Rifle Coffee Company and Grunt Style have also agreed to come back on board. We appreciate the patience and understand of all those involved. Sponsors, officials, and especially the ARL Board. Without further delay, I present to you the newly redesigned Black Rifle/Grunt Style GT3 Ford Mustang!
KIMG0091.JPG
KIMG0092.JPG
KIMG0095.JPG
KIMG0096.JPG
KIMG0093.JPG
KIMG0094.JPG

After watching your start spin the tires a little bit more I start at about half throttle and let her go when the lights go off
So, I only recently stumbled upon the launch of Supra. Anticipation is key. Watching your launch in that video, you made a mistake.

TO EVERYONE WANTING TO PRACTICE STARTS, it is HIGHLY recommended that you practice on an actual start of the race, especially in cars that start like the Supra, where rpms drop if it’s not right. If you practice in time trial or practice it’s just not going to be the same.

Secret to Supra..
50-60% throttle, while holding handbrake, when you let the button out instant full throttle, get rear tires spinning and use your foot to keep the car moving forward with minimal spin, but yet out of the “bogging” threshold. This WILL, cause you to lose atleast 1 position.
Last week I timed the light soooo perfect, it was like a .000 reaction time, yet Sam was still next to me at the first turn I think.
This week, I was a little behind but the car did bog a little. Supra sucks to start, but is a beast on track.
Will definitely practice this tonight. Appreciate the help.

I just shared a couple replays, it’s in time trial at spa, but one is Supra one is amg. The way I start with the amg seems to be pretty decent, and it doesn’t feel like the Supra is too far off to me. Tags are bop, gr3, launch. Titles are gr3 bop launch testing Supra (amg)
I'll check it out :cheers:

PRESS RELEASE:

We are please to announce Ford Racing has agreed to pickup where we left off. At the back of the pack. Black Rifle Coffee Company and Grunt Style have also agreed to come back on board. We appreciate the patience and understand of all those involved. Sponsors, officials, and especially the ARL Board. Without further delay, I present to you the newly redesigned Black Rifle/Grunt Style GT3 Ford Mustang! View attachment 866265 View attachment 866266 View attachment 866267 View attachment 866268 View attachment 866269 View attachment 866270
Welcome back man!

PRESS RELEASE:

We are please to announce Ford Racing has agreed to pickup where we left off. At the back of the pack. Black Rifle Coffee Company and Grunt Style have also agreed to come back on board. We appreciate the patience and understand of all those involved. Sponsors, officials, and especially the ARL Board. Without further delay, I present to you the newly redesigned Black Rifle/Grunt Style GT3 Ford Mustang! View attachment 866265 View attachment 866266 View attachment 866267 View attachment 866268 View attachment 866269 View attachment 866270
Glad to see ya back man look forward to continuing the good racing my friend

PRESS RELEASE:

Welcome back. I’ll add you back to the drivers list in time for the next race. Would you like auto confirm or are you gonna take it in a week to week basis?

Probably not the best way to do it but when I ran the Supra last season I always tried to make sure I broke the tires loose off the line and just control the tire spin. The tire spin always seemed a lot faster than the dreadful bogging.

PRESS RELEASE:

I like it a lot.

Back