GR.3 Saturday

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 21,901 comments
Hey guys and girl lol I just wanted to check with everyone, i noticed we have 3 people running the Porsche 911 rsr and it's my oversight that allowed this to happen I do apologize for the inconvenience. With that being said does anyone have a issue with me switching to another car? The reason I think I should change is because the other two guys running the Porsche are fairly new to the game and the Porsche in my opinion is a great car starting out on gt sport. If you guys/girl have a problem I completely understand and we will make the change where its necessary. Please let me know what you all think
No issue with me @TexasJDC

I have an idea but I want to be specific with my selection so I will log on tonight to verify the specific track name and pick a time of day. I will post the pick here later tonight so we will have plenty of time this week to practice.

Sounds good @Whitey093. Thanks guys I will have my pick later tonight and I think it's only fair since I am switching my points should reset at 0 I dont think it's right to keep the points

Does anyone disagree with switching to laps instead of time. I thought if the 1st place driver crossed the line before the time ran out that would mean everyone has 1 more lap to go like IMSA WEC WC and like many other timed races. But we noticed on gt sport it doesnt matter where the leader is if the clock hits 0 that's it you finish the lap your on and get the checkered flag. I can see this causing a problem in the future especially with some of you faster drivers and @Whitey093 pointed out there could still be a fight for position going on and could potentially end a battle. So if anyone objects to the switch let me know. And thank you @Whitey093 for making me aware of this

Yeah I agree. I just found out about a month ago and couldn't believe they changed it. Originally it had worked out that as long as the leader had not crossed the line, then the race was still going. I actually have records of it working "correctly" in old replays.

Yeah I agree. I just found out about a month ago and couldn't believe they changed it. Originally it had worked out that as long as the leader had not crossed the line, then the race was still going. I actually have records of it working "correctly" in old replays.
Yeah once we finished the first race I was stumped and was confused on why we were not running another lap not to mention it put miss d a lap down and she wasnt bc he crossed with 2 or 3 seconds left then she crossed after and her race was done

Yeah that worked out well for me but the fact is that it’s asinine. I was fading on bald tires and then even got in a tangle with a lapped car. It may have been close but she wasn’t given a chance to play it out. How in the world did they come to this genius decision?

Yeah that worked out well for me but the fact is that it’s asinine. I was fading on bald tires and then even got in a tangle with a lapped car. It may have been close but she wasn’t given a chance to play it out. How in the world did they come to this genius decision?
That's what I was thinking bc it makes no sense to me

Rules update

Until gt sport fixes the timed races we will run lap races that equal or atleast get us closest to 40 mins of racing.

@Whitey093 was kind enough to provide the info that Fuji will be around 24 laps. I will have rooms open through out the week practicing and I'll post the room numbers in this thread incase anyone wants to join

So theres not any issues that occurred last week I added a reference guide to flags and flag rules located on the 1st page. most of us have been doing this with other leagues long enough to know race etiquette but for those who are new to league sim racing it might help out. All flag rules are in place for a reason and should be a standard that everyone should respect and uphold. Sorry it took so long to put this up I should have done it before the season started please if theres any questions feel free to contact me and I will help in anyway I can

Last edited:
I always thought the black flag was the penalty flag, and the black flag with orange circle meant mechanical fault. Although maybe I misunderstood.

Back