GR.3 Saturday

• Thread starter TexasJDC
  • 21,901 comments
The Detroit News

We have tracked down Kintetic-Fullness just in time!

With the season fast approaching and only spy shots of what we believe to be the #23 GTR of Kinetic-Fullness we needed to confirm his car and sponsors. He was not happy when asked why he changed cars, he said "because i had no choice, the other mfg wasnt happy with 4th place". When asked about his sponsors he had this little ditty "well my main sponsor dropped me for the same reason the mfg did. I hunted for a new one but nobody thought i could do any better" "luckily i have a couple of minor sponsors (enough to cover tires and fuel for the year, but thats it) to help. Unfortunately any damage i do to the body comes out of my pocket. Im on a prove it contract with Nissan as well. Im glad i have great teammates that allowed me to display the Championship Winning team name on the hood." "My team expects me to do better, and to consistently place better than that flapjack moby" "we cant let those waffleheads (whats their name? Maple tree bangers?, Molasses asses?) Whatever, we need to show them where they belong...well below us without a chance in the last race."

What about the other teams?
"You mean the dead turtles? Well thats how fast they are anyways, especially that chump PA" ...you mean PAPunk? "Same thing isnt it? (Chuckles)"
What about the new team?
"Rotflmfao should i be worried about a large rat (apossum)???" You mean spyderpig? "Oh yea, whatevs, he can tell me how my rear bumper looks as it gets smaller"

So what about the new ride?
"Itll keep me honest for sure, but damn it has some power"
Can we take a look at it?
"Its in the booth, the guys tell me itll be here for practice, but not sooner"

Well we tried for more but he scurried off saying that he has to hop on the jet and get to the darn race...thats it from Detroit for now

Negotiations fell through with Mazda to resign last season's rookie Aeden Maddok. "It seemed like we just weren't on the same page; I wanted to make a turn and Mazda just wanted to keep going forward. I realized a change needed to be made."

With the season start fast approaching Aeden's hopes for continuing into his sophomore season were quickly shrinking in his mirrors. He decided to pull over at a rest stop to call his wife and let her know that he'd be able to watch the kids every Saturday night from now on. However, when dialing her cell phone number, he fat-fingered the combination and ended up talking to "some guy with a weird accent" Aeden later recalls. "Somehow, instead of just saying 'Oops, wrong number' and hanging up, we got onto a conversation about Douglas Adams. And then we got off topic to... I think it was something to do with... the little plastic things at the end of your shoelaces... you know what I'm talking about, right? After that we started talking about racing. So I told him a bit about my background and racing career. I was thinking, 'Hey, at least someone will know and remember my racing career.'"

By some amazing stroke of luck, the person on the other end of the conversation was none other than Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser, Head of Motorsport at Porsche. Dr. Walliser had apparently heard of ARL's GR3 rookie and was sufficiently impressed by their conversation and what he'd seen while watching the series last season that he offered to sign Maddok to a one season deal. That's right, for season 8 Aeden Maddok will be driving the PORSCHE 911 RSR 2017.

636a25c6ff72c6e90aee3acb5b6acef2472e03c8-1024x731.jpg
INSIDE ARL has learned that @7ylerallen and @aedenmaddok both inked deals to drive for BRCCRT in Season 8 literally just hours before the green flag fell. You could hear team owner Cornbread243 scream throughout the garage "We landed who!?" as he learned of signing 7ylerallen. The news just got better as minutes later, ardenmaddok also inked the deal. The deal paid off in a huge way as 7ylerallen win the pole, then schooled the field in the Black #3 Black Rifle Coffee Aston Martin bringing home a much coveted win in the competitive ARL series. INSIDE ARL spoke to the team after the race.

Team Owner CB:
Holy Mother, what a rush! Great way to start the season! We weren't even sure the Rocket over there would even had a car to run in time. Luckily, we found some extra decals and an empty paint booth. I sent our primary car to him and we drug out the backup car. That black #3 turned out half decent. Next week, the car will be corrected. We didn't have a Porsche to get ready for aedenmaddok, but he'll be stylin' and profilin' a Black Rifle Coffee livery next week as well.

7ylerallen:
I felt bad for the guy. He shows up consistently. Always has good looking cars. I mean look at this thing. It's shap. I'd definitely say a bit intemidating. So I figured why not. It's nice to put them in the Winners Circle first time out.

aedonmaddok:
Wait. I signed with a team? I thought I was signing the league waivers and medical clearance forms. What team? Where's my car? How does it look? I hope it's nice. Who's my teammates?

4684325337945867276_0.jpg
4827877567610487812_0.jpg
4828440517429691396_0.jpg
7277844492081725952_0.jpg

I must say I’m quite satisfied with the capability of our #3 Black Rifle Coffee Aston Martin! Though the part-time deal was inked VERY last minute, the team really came through with this beast of a package under my right foot. What a great group to work with. The team already has me looking forward to the races to come already! It was getting a bit difficult running independently with the rapid surge of teams in this league, so a partnership was a must. Fortunately BRCCRT and Team Principal @Cornbread243 believed in my ability enough to lend me their equipment and...well, here we are!

Definitely looking forward to wheelin’ this ol’ girl in my next outing. I plan to run a minimum 5 races but 6 or 7 would be great if my schedule will allow. Now that we have the Historic ARL Catalunya Round under our belt, it’s time to go for those other Crown Jewels of Laguna Seca and Dragon Trail. Before we do, let’s see if we can grab some more top honors. :cool:

Attachments

• 1F71FA89-0824-4895-873C-D1F25603B24D.jpeg
    1F71FA89-0824-4895-873C-D1F25603B24D.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 9
  • FB2BC747-1B6D-4FAF-B4AE-8995428614C3.jpeg
    FB2BC747-1B6D-4FAF-B4AE-8995428614C3.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 8
Good Morning Miata heads. A reminder tonight is the inaugural Mazda Miata Monday Madness Bi-Monthly Series. Make sure to confirm in the Miata thread if you plan on making it.

INSIDE ARL caught up with AedenMaddok after the season opener in Barcelona:

AedenMaddok:
First off, I have to give congratulations to @7ylerallen, @WanganGhost, and @racefan88. I was able to race with racefan88 for a while, but I just don't think we had what it took to beat him, even if I hadn't made a mistake or two. WanganGhost, what a driver! So much talent and always so respectful. And 7ylerallen... the man is a machine! Ice cold, never makes a mistake. So incredibly fast. I can't believe I'm even on the same team as him this season; it's like a dream come true!

Wow that was a crazy weekend! On Friday, I thought the ARL GR3 series was going to be nothing but a small entry on my resume. Then the call with Frank happened and I signed with Porsche on Saturday evening. The ink on the Porsche contract probably wasn't even dry yet when I arrived at Barcelona with the car and started signing this stack of, what I thought, was entry papers and medical forms. The next thing I know someone is handing me a bunch of promo gear for Black Rifle Coffee Company. And I'm like, "What's this for?" Then they told me and I was like, "Yeah right, whatever. Come on, stop messing with me; I gotta' get ready for the race." They said, "No, really. You just signed with BRCCRT," and they showed me one of the contracts that I had just signed and I looked at it... rubbed my eyes... looked at it again... saw my signature on the line... then I just... I lost it... lost my mind. I couldn't believe it. I had gone from having nothing to having a full ride with Porsche and Black Rifle Coffee Company in under 24 hours. It was a busy 24 hours, but you know I still did my usual stuff like getting 8 hours of sleep, checking email, and having a good BM, so it was only like 15 hours of work. Wait, I probably shouldn't have mentioned that other stuff. You don't have to print that last stuff I said, right?

The BRCCRT guys are great! We only had like 10 minutes to get acquainted before the car was prepped for practice, but I'm feeling good about the team and about what we can offer together. I really want to thank Team Principal, @Cornbread243, for bringing me on and signing me. I think we got off to a good start; we ended 2nd in class, so you know we have a bit of work to do, but I don't think that's too bad for driving the car for a short time before qualifying started. Barcelona really isn't my best track, it's certainly not my worst though. I think I was last car running on this track last season; so to go from that to 2nd in class is a big improvement I think. I'm hoping to get some more practice time in for Monza and the rest of the tracks this season.

It's really early yet, but I like our chances for taking the ARL GR3 Team Championship this season. Again, it's early so anything can happen. If any team can't field three drivers one week, they'll take a huge hit in the points. 7ylerallen might have some contractual conflicts which might dampen our prospects a bit, but hopefully we can make up for any absences.

I think the Drivers Championship in the Bronze Division will be very tight this season. The turnout for Bronze Division drivers was pretty poor for Barcelona, but those that were able to make the race seemed fairly evenly matched. I'm hopeful that more drivers will be available for the remaining races, because it makes for a better show for the fans; we wouldn't be here doing what we do without the fans; we love you guys.

I'm looking forward to having @Blazing_Bullet- and @Staabz in the GR3 series this season. I think they'll be great competitors and will probably be joining the Bronze Division. @Xradkins, I'm not looking forward to as much. Don't get me wrong here, he's a great driver and very respectful, but I've had the pleasure of driving against him before and found myself fading in his mirrors a bit too quickly for my liking. I'm just messing around, he's gonna' be great; too great, I hope, to be placed in the Bronze Division.

:-D

Back