Gran Praiano 6 (App Discussion, FAQ, Feedback and Questions)

• Thread starter Daisey327
  • 249 comments

Have you downloaded the app?

• Total voters

Daisey327

Clean Racing Since 19.3.2015
Premium
Australia
Sydney
Daisey327
Graphic1.png

Welcome to Gran Praiano 6 App Thread

Show your support for your favorite tuner, Praiano63, by downloading the app.

icon-96-xhdpi.png

NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON APPLE STORE
The application description and what the app contains is found in the links provided to the Google Play Store.

Daisey - Happy Racing

Last edited:
icon-36-ldpi.png

FAQ

General:

Why buy the app when I can get the tunes on GTP for free? The app contributes back to development and to support Praiano and his contribution to the community. Going forward, the app will have tunes released more in advance and could possibly have premium tunes not available on GTP. Most importantly, for the price of 1 cup of coffee, you can access the tunes without having to run to your computer or jump out of your racing seat 👍

I do code and am willing/want to be part of the project: We are not expanding the app or team into a group of professionals; this is a hobby project and the app is scoped to remain simple. Our main focus to get tunes to you quick and while you are playing the game. We appreciate your feedback though.

I cannot buy the app on the store and/or I dont have a credit card to purchase on the store. Can you send me the app? No I am not able to. My scope it limited to uploading to the store and I am unable to help you with your iTune or Google account based issues. The app will only be available on official distribution sites.

How come there are no pictures of cars are in the app like in the GT5 app? We found that images combined with Praiano's large amount of tunes bloated the app and damaged performance. As we are trying to get this app to everyone, new phone and old bricks, we decided to discontinue images. This is especially important as we are expecting several hundred or more tunes in this app as the project moves forward.

How often do you update the app? The app now has 274 cars and will not longer be updated due to the end of the app life. BUT the app can still be used and is a great database of tunes.

Android Devices:

I cannot zoom in to each tune and/or its hard to see on smaller devices: Feedback from the GT5 app suggested people wanted the app to be landscape and like a tuning sheet. To do this we have had to squeeze alot of information in one screen. We are currently working on an Android solution, but as mentioned before, we are hobbyist not trained coders. Update: V1.0.4 will have an increase font size, I've managed to squeeze out more room. Users seem more satisfied now :)

The app forces landscape mode and does not rotate 180 degrees when I rotate my phone: Unfortunately for the time being Android does not support a landscape mode in both orientations. Apple does this automatically (new device tested). For the time being, please turn your phone to meet the orientation provided.

Apple Devices: (APP NO LONGER SOLD OR AVAILABLE ON APP STORE)

Will there be an iOS/iPhone/iPad App: Yes, its available now using the link in the badge above.

Why will you be charging more than Android? Apple charge a hefty annual fee to be an Apple Developer on top of the % they charge per app sale. We operate this as a hobby and need to offset this cost so we are not in negative.

Will the Apple app be updated the same as the Android app? Yes, although usually Google only takes a couple of hours to update, whereas Apple specify it could take up to 24 hrs AFTER a complete review at every update. I am sorry for this delay but it is completely out of my hands.

Can the iOS app zoom? Yes, pinch or double tap to zoom.

Blackberry, Windows and Other Devices:

Will you be developing for Blackberry [Windows/Symbian/WebOS]? Currently we are only working on Android and iOS. Furthermore, our package builder no longer supports BB, Symbian and WebOS and therefore it is impossible for us to build a version of these. We will not be supporting 3rd party app distributors and apps will only be distributed through official locations.

Last edited:
I'd love this on iOS, also I think you should make an IAP for us to make a donation occasionally.

There will be no formal in-app-purchases in the sense of Tap Farm or any of those credit accumulating items. In-app purchases are causing a lot of controversy (cough cough cough GT6/PD cough cough) and for us its more about getting to tunes to you.

I can make a link to the Paypal donation currently setup for Praiano (direct to him, this does not go to me). I will make sure this goes in Version 1.0.4.

There will be no formal in-app-purchases in the sense of Tap Farm or any of those credit accumulating items. In-app purchases are causing a lot of controversy (cough cough cough GT6/PD cough cough) and for us its more about getting to tunes to you.

I can make a link to the Paypal donation currently setup for Praiano (direct to him, this does not go to me). I will make sure this goes in Version 1.0.4.

I'm sure everyone would understand that the IAP is only to make donations as many of us would like to, as long as it doesn't block off certain features then you will have no problems.

I'm sure everyone would understand that the IAP is only to make donations as many of us would like to, as long as it doesn't block off certain features then you will have no problems.

I will never block off any functions for any app user. :) I know what you mean by IAP for donations, I thought I would just keep it clear for other users. Until 1.0.4, please donate to "the man" via his tune garage page 1.

Cheers mate.

Donate section is in the About section. Feel free to contribute more to Mr. P direct via this method. Cheers all.

Version 1.0.4 now available with 70 tunes :) The database is getting bigger!!! Well done Praiano!

We have also increased the font size as much as possible without disfiguring the screen. Hope this helps as a temporary solution to the tap-zoom we plan to implement.

Received the update and everything's perfect (as usual). Great team work.
I didn't received a mail with the tune sheets.

Regards and all yhe best for you

Received the update and everything's perfect (as usual). Great team work.
I didn't received a mail with the tune sheets.

Regards and all yhe best for you
Thanks for this, i send the tune sheet by email to the donators even if they have or not an APP, i have a list of their mails adress .
I don´t have any other mail adress from the people who buy the APP. I don´t take care of this part, this is my friend Daisey who do all the APP thing, i just send the tunes.
If any APP owner is interested to have the JPEG files too, just snd me an email to praiano63@mail.com.
I will add them on the list.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°

Thanks for your prompt reply Praiano.

In fact I would like to receive yhe JPEG files, since I cann't send the tunesheet from phone to my PC.

My mail is calita.correia@netcabo.pt .

By the way, is praiano63@mail.com your correct email? I've sent you an email and I've received a message that it was an Unknown address error.

Regards
Hello, yes,this is the correct mail. I´ve sent you back the files a few minutes ago.
Enjoy your drive.

Just logged back onto GTPlanet today and was looking for Praianos tunes. Unfortunately I don't have an android or Apple IOS so buying the app is not possible for me. Is buying the app the only way to get Praiano's tunes from here on in?

TESTING NOW CLOSED. DO NOT APPLY.

Apple iOS users: If you have an iPhone 3,4 or 5 or an iPad (not mini) and wish to participate in providing screenshots please PM me. You will be part of the beta testing. The rules are:

• I will only accept 1 user per device type.
  • I will only accept a regular user of GTP who is involved with the community (I.e. no fresh signups)
  • The User is to PM (PRIVATE - VERY IMPORTANT) me their UDID. If you do not know what this is or are not comfortable providing this, do not apply. Your UDID will not be stored nor used ever again. All records will be deleted as soon as possible.
  • You will provide brief feedback and multiple screenshots (say 5 or 6) of several screens. Email screenshots and your name and device details to daisey.apps@outlook.com.
  • The app will be removed from development when the paid app is available. The Beta will not update.
  • If you are not accepted (or I do not reply to your PM or email), please know that I do appreciate your application, its just likely that I have accepted a tester for your device.
Thanks all. Also, I will be AFK majority of Feb 2014 and hoping for a March 2014 release. I am relocating back to Australia. This will not change any service this app provides to users.👍

EDIT: Added iPad users.

Daisey

Last edited:
We are estimating the app will cost $2.99 USD although this is not confirmed.

For those of you wondering 'why are you charging more than Android?' the answer is because Apple charge a hefty annual fee to be an Apple Developer on top of the % they charge per app sale. We operate this as a hobby and need to offset this cost so we are not in negative $.

I'm sure most users will understand the way Apple does its business... :odd:

We are estimating the app will cost $2.99 USD although this is not confirmed.

For those of you wondering 'why are you charging more than Android?' the answer is because Apple charge a hefty annual fee to be an Apple Developer on top of the % they charge per app sale. We operate this as a hobby and need to offset this cost so we are not in negative $.

I'm sure most users will understand the way Apple does its business... :odd:
I would gladly pay more for it. I hope you sell a zillion copies!

Updated the new App version and it's perfect, one more time. However I would like to receive, if possible the tunning sheets by e-mail,

Regards

Apple Users: The app has been submitted to Apple for review. It could be there for a while though from what I have been told. Please be patient.

ALSO: Please be aware the app submitted to Apple is version 1.0.1 -> we are version 1.0.6 now. As soon as Apple allows me to, I will update the app to the latest version.

Hi Daisey, I have a request for the Android app; would it be possible to have the option of keeping the device from going into standby, while I have the app open? Now I keep having to turn the phone back on after entering a few values from the tuning sheet into the game.

Please don't get me wrong, I am very pleased with the app, and I want to thank you for making it :)

Hi Daisey, I have a request for the Android app; would it be possible to have the option of keeping the device from going into standby, while I have the app open? Now I keep having to turn the phone back on after entering a few values from the tuning sheet into the game.

Please don't get me wrong, I am very pleased with the app, and I want to thank you for making it :)

This is a great idea, I will add it to the wishlist and see if I'm able to execute it. Never done this before. It would be best if the screen brightness dulled to save battery and didnt go to standby.

Currently, if you are having this problem though you can always change your settings in your screen of the phone to be a couple minutes longer.

Back