Gran Praiano 6 (App Discussion, FAQ, Feedback and Questions)

• Thread starter Daisey327
  • 249 comments

Have you downloaded the app?

• Total voters
This is a great idea, I will add it to the wishlist and see if I'm able to execute it. Never done this before. It would be best if the screen brightness dulled to save battery and didnt go to standby.

Currently, if you are having this problem though you can always change your settings in your screen of the phone to be a couple minutes longer.

would this help?

Another thing I found, which isn't really a big deal, but could be improved, is not forcing the landscape mode to be static, but to work both ways. I'm not explaining this very well, but what I mean is, when I have my phone on a short charger lead I can only hold it landscape in one way, and that happened to make the app display upside down. Hope this makes sense...

Please say it supports iOS 5 as I'm still using, and quite happy, with my iPad 1.
It will be compatible with the lowest possible iOS, although I'm yet to find out which this one is until Apple approve the app. The app does not use any special functions so hopefully it will be ok.

Another thing I found, which isn't really a big deal, but could be improved, is not forcing the landscape mode to be static, but to work both ways. I'm not explaining this very well, but what I mean is, when I have my phone on a short charger lead I can only hold it landscape in one way, and that happened to make the app display upside down. Hope this makes sense...
I know what you are saying but the app can only be used in landscape. It will be impossible to see all the information provided in portrait. GT5 App was in portrait and people asked for the tune sheet to be in landscape.

Regarding it displaying upsided down, unfortunately I do not have a fix for this on Android. Apple iOS appears to be smarter than Android here and it automatically corrects.

Still I shall add it to the wishlist, but it will take lower priority than getting more super tunes in there :)

Cheers mate! 👍

I know what you are saying but the app can only be used in landscape. It will be impossible to see all the information provided in portrait. GT5 App was in portrait and people asked for the tune sheet to be in landscape.

Regarding it displaying upsided down, unfortunately I do not have a fix for this on Android. Apple iOS appears to be smarter than Android here and it automatically corrects.

Still I shall add it to the wishlist, but it will take lower priority than getting more super tunes in there :)

Cheers mate! 👍
Oh I understand it has to be landscape, I just prefer it not to be upside down, lol. Sorry my post wasnt very clear.

Cheers mate! 👍
Would this help? I'm just googling this stuff so you don't have to! ;-)

Would this help? I'm just googling this stuff so you don't have to! ;-)
I understand and thanks, but unfortunately searching for solutions without knowing how the app is coded and in what program means any stakeoverflow solutions are unlikely to fit. I have noted your issue though so I'll search for something when work on the solution begins. I also put your idea in the FAQ 👍 :)

I understand and thanks, but unfortunately searching for solutions without knowing how the app is coded and in what program means any stakeoverflow solutions are unlikely to fit. I have noted your issue though so I'll search for something when work on the solution begins. I also put your idea in the FAQ 👍 :)
Right, no more googling, got it ;-) keep up the good work! 👍

Hey guys. Just bought the app and it works wonderfully. However I seem to have one issue. When I use the "sort by year" feature it lists the 00's first rather then starting with the earliest models. I understand why it does this just thought I'd let you know incase you hadn't thought of it. Same thing with sort by tires. Instead of starting with ch and moving along to rs it seems to sort the tire type alphabetically possibly. Just something that could use some tweaking. Also if possible pictures of the cars would be helpful, however I realize that would be hard to integrate. One more thing, I don't think there is a spot in the tuning sheets to include things such as after market wings, flat floors etc. Just my thoughts and suggestions. Thanks for all your hard work everyone! Keep up the great work!

Hey guys. Just bought the app and it works wonderfully. However I seem to have one issue. When I use the "sort by year" feature it lists the 00's first rather then starting with the earliest models. I understand why it does this just thought I'd let you know incase you hadn't thought of it. Same thing with sort by tires. Instead of starting with ch and moving along to rs it seems to sort the tire type alphabetically possibly. Just something that could use some tweaking. Also if possible pictures of the cars would be helpful, however I realize that would be hard to integrate. One more thing, I don't think there is a spot in the tuning sheets to include things such as after market wings, flat floors etc. Just my thoughts and suggestions. Thanks for all your hard work everyone! Keep up the great work!

Howdy Marion, thanks for your post. Here are some comments on your feedback :)
- Sort by year: Good pickup, ill add this to the 'to-do' list. Ill replace the XX year with XXXX year.
- Sory by tire: Currently the search function we use is alphabetical so changes here may not be able to be done. I might be able to do some sneakyness to make it work. Added to wishlist.
- Pictures of Cars: This will not be added. Our GT5 app had pictures of every car and with hundreds in the database the app performance is ruined. I also have users with old phones which cant use app2sd/external storage.
- Wings/Flat floor: This is already present in the current tune sheet in the red section above chassis.

Thanks again for the feedback buddy! Ill get into some of these once I get back to Australia. :)

Cheers

I skimmed through the posts, because I'm awaiting for the app to go on the App Store. But one question I have is why is it called "Praiano"?

iOS Update: Apple have come back with some minor issues that do not impact the app but have requested we fix them. We have done so and re-uploaded for submission, which again may take another week :crazy:

I don´t have smartphone and i have installed Bluestack on my computer. Now i´m able to see my APP garage for the first time....... I´m a happy man.:lol: It will help me a lot to check my tunes. It´s clear and easy to navigate.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I don´t have smartphone and i have installed Bluestack on my computer. Now i´m able to see my APP garage for the first time....... I´m a happy man.:lol: It will help me a lot to check my tunes. It´s clear and easy to navigate.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

So you setup a Google Account and purchased your own app product? I'm glad you are supporting Praiano, Mr. Praiano :D

iOS Update: Apple have come back with some minor issues that do not impact the app but have requested we fix them. We have done so and re-uploaded for submission, which again may take another week :crazy:
What were some of the problems?

If you don't have an android or iOS device, or simply want the convenience of buying and using Praiano's app on your computer, there are a number of free android emulator devices that you can use. It's just like having an android cell phone in a window on your computer and from there you can open a Google app store account and purchase Gran Praiano 6. I just managed to set one of these up yesterday using "Bluestacks" and it works beautifully.

You need to have a Intel VT-x or AMD-V capable CPU (most are) and you need to go to your BIOS and enable that if it isn't already.

I don't want to sound like an ad for these guys, but they have downloads for Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8 and MAC OSX. I looked them up on Wikipedia and they appear to be perfectly legit and aren't doing anything they aren't supposed to be doing.

Please understand. This is just another Android device, albeit a virtual one. It itself is free but apps are not (unless they are free apps in the first place). To get Gran Praiano 6 you need to go through the same process you would on any other android device- register or sign in at the Google app store and then purchase the app with your credit card or whatever.

Rick

Thanks a lot for this information Rick, i´m playing like a kid with my own APP now. I didn´t have to set any BIOS thing or else, it work perfectly yes.
hdcd.jpg

krlv.jpg

If you don't have an android or iOS device, or simply want the convenience of buying and using Praiano's app on your computer, there are a number of free android emulator devices that you can use. It's just like having an android cell phone in a window on your computer and from there you can open a Google app store account and purchase Gran Praiano 6. I just managed to set one of these up yesterday using "Bluestacks" and it works beautifully.

You need to have a Intel VT-x or AMD-V capable CPU (most are) and you need to go to your BIOS and enable that if it isn't already.

I don't want to sound like an ad for these guys, but they have downloads for Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8 and MAC OSX. I looked them up on Wikipedia and they appear to be perfectly legit and aren't doing anything they aren't supposed to be doing.

Please understand. This is just another Android device, albeit a virtual one. It itself is free but apps are not (unless they are free apps in the first place). To get Gran Praiano 6 you need to go through the same process you would on any other android device- register or sign in at the Google app store and then purchase the app with your credit card or whatever.

Rick

Hi users.

I have chatted to Rick about this post. It seems ok to use Bluestacks as long as the app is purchased via Google Play. But, having said this, we still do not provide any support, guarantees or security (not that there is any expected risk as minimal device permissions are requested).

Daisey

Note to all: I'm moving from USA to Australia now so I will be AFK for up to a couple weeks. Sorry in advance if my responses are delayed.

Back