Gran Premio de España Emirates 2018Formula 1 

Robert Kubica got a full session on softer tyres with car upgrades going for glory laps. Stroll got half a session with the old spec car doing long runs to assess the old car and use it as a benchmark. You cannot compare them.
You cannot compare them right, Kubica is driving with a single hand basically.

Where do you come up with your random and for lack of better terms, uneducated input each GP thread? If Kubica only had a single hand to drive with, the FIA would not find him fit to drive an F1 car. It was the entire premise of why it took him so long to come back to F1 (beside investments). He drives with two hands, and completes simulation runs. So how is he single handed?

Oh I know you were doing a joke, then ignore everything I've said in that case.

Wow, clearly no one got the joke :lol: remember, this is the GTP Motorsports forum, absolutely no joking here, everything is ultra serious :lol:

“The FIA wouldn’t let him race with 1 hand”..........haaaaaaaaahahahahahaha, thanks captain obvious. Clearly the joke was over your head.

Yes he did recovery but his right arm, you know the story. I'm just happy he is driving again, even if it's only practice. But one good arm is more than enough to be faster than Lance Stroll... just a shame Williams car is a truck.

Unrelated to how many hands Kubica has...

How many safety features will be added to the cars before th FIA can start removing chicanes? Now that the cars have halo, would it be possible to remove the chicane at end of the lap, and go back to using the two high speed right handers?

How many safety features will be added to the cars before th FIA can start removing chicanes? Now that the cars have halo, would it be possible to remove the chicane at end of the lap, and go back to using the two high speed right handers?

Is this some sort of trolling now? How does a halo increase run off areas or move the grandstand backwards?

Wow, clearly no one got the joke :lol: remember, this is the GTP Motorsports forum, absolutely no joking here, everything is ultra serious :lol:

“The FIA wouldn’t let him race with 1 hand”..........haaaaaaaaahahahahahaha, thanks captain obvious. Clearly the joke was over your head.
And what about those guys posting video evidence LOL he is actually driving with two hands. More obvious than captain obvious. Have a beer summer is near. :cheers:

Oh and Stroll is captain slow. :P

I did acknowledge the potential he was joking, so he had a goal post to move to. Considering posts from him have been inane this wouldn't surprise me, but go on defend the "defenseless". Then again judging by your last comment, birds of a feather and all that.

Next time feel free to quote us, rather than try to get in jabs under the radar.

I did acknowledge the potential he was joking, so he had a goal post to move to. Considering posts from him have been inane this wouldn't surprise me, but go on defend the "defenseless"

Next time feel free to quote us, rather than try to get in jabs under the radar.
In fact last posts are a huge mess of who should have quoted who.. :confused:causing even more mess. :D But don't worry. 👍

It's official Kimi must swap PU tomorrow... there you go, 1000 km earlier that what should have been. :irked:

In fact last posts are a huge mess of who should have quoted who.. :confused:causing even more mess. :D But don't worry. 👍

It's official Kimi must swap PU tomorrow... there you go, 1000 km earlier that what should have been. :irked:

Plenty of teams on their second PU components before him. Only group not having issues so far is Mercedes.

Was safety a reason for that? Top speed on the pit straight or what?
Nonetheless, would love it to comeback, and with old T10, oh yes

adb
Was safety a reason for that? Top speed on the pit straight or what?

High speeds through the final turn with very little run-off and the risk of airborne cars making it into spectator areas. The change was sold to fans as being likely to improve overtaking on the main straight - something that didn't happen.

I did acknowledge the potential he was joking, so he had a goal post to move to. Considering posts from him have been inane this wouldn't surprise me, but go on defend the "defenseless". Then again judging by your last comment, birds of a feather and all that.

Defend the defensless....what are you on about? :odd:

And I’m not trying to take jabs at you, or anyone. No one is out to get you. Re-lax.

Is this some sort of trolling now? How does a halo increase run off areas or move the grandstand backwards?
Cars get safer - track doesn’t need to be as safe. Not that difficult. It was just a question. Sorry for not doing enough research and collecting enough data before posing my question to the F1 commitee :rolleyes:

Defend the defensless....what are you on about? :odd:

And I’m not trying to take jabs at you, or anyone. No one is out to get you. Re-lax.

Your quote literally talks about what I personally said without quoting me?

Cars get safer - track doesn’t need to be as safe. Not that difficult. It was just a question. Sorry for not doing enough research and collecting enough data before posing my question to the F1 commitee :rolleyes:

We're sorry too that it's a typical occurrence for you

High speeds through the final turn with very little run-off and the risk of airborne cars making it into spectator areas. The change was sold to fans as being likely to improve overtaking on the main straight - something that didn't happen.

It was done because F1 cars couldn't follow each other though the corner. The other corner changed was done for safety by cutting the corner they could create run off.

Thanks guys! Apparently they increased the run off this year for MotoGP, but that isn’t enough for airborne cars concern. Shame!

Your quote literally talks about what I personally said without quoting me?
And? You saw it, like I knew you would. It wasn’t meant to be a “jab”...lighten up. Are you sad you didn’t get a little red flag? (That was a jab).

We're sorry too that it's a typical occurrence for you
The fact you think it’s necessary to collect data and do research before asking a simple question on a forum where a bunch of people are shooting the 🤬 after an F1 practice session speaks volumes to your ability to have a casual conversation.

Edit
adb
Thanks guys! Apparently they increased the run off this year for MotoGP, but that isn’t enough for airborne cars concern. Shame!
Couldn’t they install better catch fencing? If NASCARs car run around a super speedway st the speeds they do, and being much heavier than F1 cars, is there not some kind of catch fence that could hold an airborn car within the circuit, and keep fans safe (if that’s the major issue).

The change to the final corner definitely improved the racing, but there's only so much you can do with a straight not long enough and a turn 1 that isn't really sharp enough to facilitate late braking.

And? You saw it, like I knew you would. It wasn’t meant to be a “jab”...lighten up. Are you sad you didn’t get a little red flag? (That was a jab).

You knew I would? Man that foresight.

The fact you think it’s necessary to collect data and do research before asking a simple question on a forum where a bunch of people are shooting the 🤬 after an F1 practice session speaks volumes to your ability to have a casual conversation.

I never said you did, just said we're (more so me) are equally sorry. Silly responses get silly prizes is all

You knew I would? Man that foresight.
That forsight?? After I don’t know how many years of posting on this forum, it wasn’t exactly a shot in the dark that you would read the posts in the F1 race thread. Again, my original comment wasn’t a jab at you, that’s why I didn’t quote it. When I was writing my comment, the gist of “the FIA wouldn’t let him race with one hand” was just the general idea that I was laughing at and responding to. You weren’t the only person trying to provide factual data that Robert does indeed actually have 2 working hands.

Next time, don’t be so quick to assume someone is out to get you, and try not to be so disappointed by not getting a little red flag.

Couldn’t they install better catch fencing? If NASCARs car run around a super speedway st the speeds they do, and being much heavier than F1 cars, is there not some kind of catch fence that could hold an airborn car within the circuit, and keep fans safe (if that’s the major issue).

The centripetal force is pushing the F1 car towards the stand as it exits the turn. In the event of a collision we've seen the cars reach a great altitude at other tracks (Webber .vs. Kovalainen springs to mind) and there tends to be a lot more debris from an F1 car rather than the largely self-contained NASCAR crashes (in my viewing experience at least). I suspect that's what needs to be considered.

With all that said I would like to see them try to find a workable way to increase the speed through that last turn.

The centripetal force is pushing the F1 car towards the stand as it exits the turn. In the event of a collision we've seen the cars reach a great altitude at other tracks (Webber .vs. Kovalainen springs to mind) and there tends to be a lot more debris from an F1 car rather than the largely self-contained NASCAR crashes (in my viewing experience at least). I suspect that's what needs to be considered.

With all that said I would like to see them try to find a workable way to increase the speed through that last turn.
Some sort of plexi glass, or similar material, behind the catch fencing?

Are you talking about the main grand stand, or one of the smaller ones? If you’re referring to a smaller one, could the grandstand be moved or removed?

If the goal is to improve overtaking, I think there’s more that could be done in the T1 area. If you could increase speed through the final corner, and increase the braking zone for T1, perhaps that could help create more overtaking. It would be harder to follow through the final corner, but high speeds on the straight would mean great effect from skip streaming, combined with a longer braking zone - it might work?

I love how they are trying tho change everything they can think of to create closer racing except the fundamental principles of the car's design. These modern F1 cars have trouble following each other. Changing a few corners is just a band-aid.

That forsight?? After I don’t know how many years of posting on this forum, it wasn’t exactly a shot in the dark that you would read the posts in the F1 race thread. Again, my original comment wasn’t a jab at you, that’s why I didn’t quote it. When I was writing my comment, the gist of “the FIA wouldn’t let him race with one hand” was just the general idea that I was laughing at and responding to. You weren’t the only person trying to provide factual data that Robert does indeed actually have 2 working hands.

Next time, don’t be so quick to assume someone is out to get you, and try not to be so disappointed by not getting a little red flag.

I don't think anyone is out to get me, but when I clearly say this:

If Kubica only had a single hand to drive with, the FIA would not find him fit to drive an F1 car.

And you say this:

And no one else said similar rather just posting videos to counter the idea that Tajima posted...it would take quite the mental gymnastics to not see what post you were inferring to. But hey if it wasn't your "intention" good to know. Not sure what the red flag quip you keep trying to force with the last couple of posts but if at first you don't succeed try again?

It might be easier to solve if the track was envisioned for F1 or GP cars in general rather than GP Bikes. I don't think it will ever be something that is easily solved without compromising one or the other. And in reality it might just be best to one day race else where in Spain.

Back