Gran Turismo 4 car list - 778 cars confirmed!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnny
  • 370 comments
  • 96,030 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by guid0
If i am correct, RUF is porsche... :) .. some crap with the name but i am pretty sure RUF is porshe in the game

No RUF isn't Porsche, they look like Porsches but they are a different make altogether, over 70% of each RUF is built by RUF, the body's are made from old 911 moulds that RUF have bought from Porsche so thats why they look the same.
 
well the gt4 have some pikes peak cars ...but i miss renault f1 from gt2
 
I like to see the [R]Toyota Tacoma Pikes Peak car, the only car that can beat that stupid Escudo that every player keeps rejoicing about.
 
The Suzuki Aerio beacudo's fastests time and is the current PP champion, I'd like the Celica, Escudo, Takoma, RS200, Aerio and Cultus PP cars in GT4, competition for each other.
 
Here's how altavista's translation service translated the actual article in the page:
I counted: 778 cars. This is extensive and stupendous list of vehicles that will be in Gran Tourism 4 . The initial numbers indicated that the game would have 1000 cars more than this listing, probably still provisory. They are an appetizer and in such a way for what it is for coming in this game. It confers:
Now, there are some words in there that are left untranslated. I believe this is de to dialect issues, but overall it's easily read. the list is what polyphony hopes to include in the game, but it can't guarantee that it will get that far (the guy thinks that Polyphony is hoping for 1000+ cars). The fact of the matter is that this list is pretty close to what polyphony is planning on, and when they keep pushing the release dates back, chances are that they will come pretty close (although 7GB seems a pretty small space to put 1000+ car files, wouldn't you say?). As I look on my GT3 disk, I find that there are maybe 2-5 millimeters left of recording space on the disk, which translates to a few megabytes of space. I would like to see Polyphony limit their production to 2 discs maximum, seeing as how we're talking nearly 3 times as much space that will be devoted to cars and cars alone. Well, that's just my $.02.
 
This list was made up as soon as GT4 was anounced, look at the Dodge cars.
 
I'm afraid I don't see your point... :confused:
 
Originally posted by The Vanishing Boy
I like to see the [R]Toyota Tacoma Pikes Peak car, the only car that can beat that stupid Escudo that every player keeps rejoicing about.

Vanishing Boy. You're signature exceeds the set length of 6 lines.

Please edit yours to meet the guidelines. I've also sent you this via PM.

Thnk you

Der Alta
 
Originally posted by Jpec07
I'm afraid I don't see your point... :confused:

In the Dodge cars their is an Intrepid police car, why would PD put in an Intrepid police car, also theres loads of cars that are in GT4 but not in that list.
 
Yeah, the guy who wrote the article said that. The Intrepid police edition I believe is the model that the general public can't buy. I'm pretty sure it's an FR car and that it is lighter and more stable than the normal Intrepid (not sure about this, but the police generally have faster cars than the average car). Also, of course there are tons that are in the game that aren't on the list, the guy even said that PD initially claimed to have 1700+ cars in the works. This was probably just the 778 that they decided must be in the game (as you can imagine, including 1700+ cars, 50+ tracks, a better driving-matrix, and other things takes up a lot of space. I doubt anyone will pay for more than 2 discs for one game (it'd be a hassle). Naturally, 14GB provided by two such discs is alot of space (I only use half of that on my computer), but when you're dealing with 1700 cars of (guesstimate on my part) up to 20MB, 14GB seems like an awefully small amount of space...
 
So of all the cars PD decided MUST be in GT4, an Intrepid ploce car made it onto the list. Also how would a list so large be let out as soon as the game was announced, before PD had even started negotiation contracts for the majority of the cars in GT4.
 
Good question, I neglected to look on the date. I never said that that was their official list, but it was probably something to appetize the public. That's probably just a list of the cars that PD was hoping to get contracts for...
 
It's possible it could've been released by PD to get people talking but it's also possible some kid in his room put it together.
 
I hope there really is gonna be Aussie fords and holdens because there could be a V8 supercar series
 
is this real, do you understand Brazilian, maybe it sain that was a wish list written in Brazillian. Good find tho
 
that list actually was made on THIS forum and other sites (like that brazilian site) stole it and said it was official
 
All I care is that all of those 778 cars that made on the list should be included on GT4. S*** I don't care if other people keeps complaining that theres no Ferrari, Porsche, and Lamnborghini on GT4. Ill take GT4 anytime if those 778 cars are on the game.
 
Even the police car?
 
Hell yeah! I would like to test those cop cars head-to-head. But I like those cop cars unmarked and no strobe lights on their roofs. Imagine color choice will be limited to black, white, and dark blue (Nevada Highway Patrol).
 
I hope your joking, you do know the list is fake as well don't you?
 
Originally posted by ferrari
is this real, do you understand Brazilian, maybe it sain that was a wish list written in Brazillian. Good find tho

Portuguese...
 
That what everybody is saying, I know its a fake. But this so far the best wishlist I've ever seen. And come to think of it, my DB2 Teg GS-R was on that list, thats why I kept on beliving that this list may be true in some ways.

Faith/crap happens.
 
The one thing that made me belive the list when i saw it on another site was the inclusion of a relatively rare and unheard of, but quite capable car, the lincoln mark VII. this isnt average gaming fodder, and this combined with other obscure cars in the list is probably why people believe it. the skylines and evos i can understand, and the muscle cars i knew were coming, but some of that is just nuts. a late 60s caddy? :odd: . definitely not even a turning car, thats a pure highway cruiser.
also, the intrepid, im pretty sure, is still a fwd car, even in police guise. they have supercharged v6s, which may or not be available to general public, im no mopar fanatic.
on the mopar note, if they do have any hi po dodges, they better have an srt-4..ill kill if they dont :mad: . the factory tuners should all be available as well, (this doesnt mean i expect them to be, just saying they SHOULD be). the SRT-4, the SVT focus (st170 to you europeans), the SE-r sentra, and the mazdaspeed protege could make for interesting competition.
the lightning......what a predicament. I love the truck, great off the line, great handling, but **** for top end (i attribute it to the fact that it has the aerodynamics of a CINDER BLOCK). inclusion, always possible, likely its not.
SRT-10 ram, same situation as far as likely hood, but only more so. as it stands, its much more potent than the lightning, as well as faster from every standpoint.
marauder? not likely, its not even in production as an 04
P71 (police interceptor) crown vics? same sitation, though could be interesting to have a big body competition :lol: ...maybe thats where the caddy comes in :lol:
HSV and the falcons 👍 👍 please please please...i want an XR8 so badly, damned importing....
volvo..could be, new awd sporty models add some spice to the bland soup that is safety
oldsmobile....::smack:: moving on
daewoo....see oldsmobile
kia...see WTF, also oldsmobile, also daewoo
fx45? granted it puts sport into SUV, but its still just that, an SUV
lincoln? personal bias, damned straight it should be in there!
if it werent for the fact ive seen prius screenshots, id flame about all the hybrids and fuel cell vehicles
Merkur? never even seen them in a racing game. decent little cars, albeit theyre ugly as sin
bout damned time they included a pontiac :D
volkswagen 1 litre? interesting idea, but not too likely, once again.
overall, interesting wish list, like to see some in there, but i doubt that half these cars show up. I know this has all been debated, just wanted to add in my two cents about the lincolns, as well as some others in there. If we did get that whole list, plus the screenshotted and demoed cars, id go NUTS, kill someone to get the game.
 
Nice reply, BTW welcome to GTplanet Forums!
 
Originally posted by Famine
Portuguese...


My bad, I thought it was Portugese, but its better to say Brazilian if im not sure that way i dont offend any Brazilians that are on the site by refering to the language of their colonial masters, I am sure there are also a few other ethnic languages over there so thats why i said that.

About the cars, i really hope its true, cuz the SLR will be a killer, but then again its obvious the fastest cara will be JAPANESE: the TS020(GT1) or something.
 
i'm happy that there are some american musscle cars in this game. There were some in the 3rd but it needed more Hp and less turbo. imports are all right but you cant beat an american car. HEMI POWER BABY!!
 
Originally posted by ferrari
My bad, I thought it was Portugese, but its better to say Brazilian if im not sure that way i dont offend any Brazilians that are on the site by refering to the language of their colonial masters, I am sure there are also a few other ethnic languages over there so thats why i said that.

About the cars, i really hope its true, cuz the SLR will be a killer, but then again its obvious the fastest cara will be JAPANESE: the TS020(GT1) or something.


Nah, it's portuguese. Or like some americans like to say Brazilian-portuguese.

There's no other languages here. We learn spanish and english at schools, but they are just to improve our resume. :)
 
Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
The 427 monaro is in it:D :D

i dont see the 1964 pontiac GTO listed even know it was at E3:confused:

The VW Karmann Ghia is missing from that list as well.



Edit: Doh! This thing has long since been declared a mere wish list. My bad.
 
hey at least you were smart enough to figure it out eventually, half these people still believe this is real.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back