Gran Turismo 4 Codes (All Cheat Devices)

Discussion in 'Hybriding' started by C144601, Jun 26, 2005.

1. gh0stp1rate

gh0stp1rate

Yes, which is why I said if he says so, because I don't know if this is the case with the Gran Turismo games or any other games for that matter. I only know this to be true for the GTA games because I sold my original black label versions back in the day and recently purchased the Greatest Hits versions. I ended up finding the original versions and purchased them as well.

2. RazorSharkz

RazorSharkz

I'm asking because I have the Greatest Hits version of GT4 and these codes either straight up do nothing or work half the time. If I have to find a black label version I will.

I know that PD used to patch games in different pressings and I was guessing GT4 would be no different.

gh0stp1rate likes this.
  3. pez2k

pez2k

That's why I answered - I know that there is specifically only one US retail version of GT4.

The Japanese and US versions of GT2 were the only games before the PS3 era that received any patches, primarily because they had a garage-deleting bug that was easy to trigger. GT1, GT3, GTC, GT4P and GT4 all got one version per region, so codes for a particular region should always work.

I can't vouch for whether the codes are right, or whether they will work with the specific cheat device you're using, but if they're not working for you then it's not because of your GT4 disc.

RazorSharkz and gh0stp1rate like this.
  4. RazorSharkz

RazorSharkz

Understood, thank you.

5. ErikaNPC

ErikaNPC

Hi. This is a silly request. But has any one made a code to make a current vehicle, you are in, in totally bad shape? Like having to refurbish it and the oil is absolutely ruined and miles have put as serious toll on the HP that its not as recoverable? Specifically a Citreon 2CV so try and get more A-Spec from the One Make race instead of a max 122 by adding 200 pounds to the car. Right now I'm trying to run it to the ground with 24 hour endurance.

6. pez2k

pez2k

I can't give you a pre-made code, but I can suggest some values to help.

The oil quality is at 0x00A2AA70 in memory in the PAL version, and a value of 001BB74A makes it extremely dirty, knocking off about 10% of peak power.

The rigidity level is at 0x00A2AA78 in PAL, and a value of 001B374A is very worn and in need of a refresh.

If that's not enough, you can start to cheat a bit:

The ballast amount for setup 1 is at 0x00A2A72B in memory in the PAL version, and it should be possible to increase it above what the tuning menu allows, up to 0xFF for 255.

The power multiplier for setup 1 is at 0x00A2A73B in memory in PAL, and decreasing it below 0x64 (100%) will permanently reduce the power in that setup.

You'll have to find the right memory location for the version of the game you're using, and create a code to write the value you want to that location, but I hope this helps.

7. ErikaNPC

ErikaNPC

I doubt mine is a PAL but I get what you're saying. Finding it will be tedious.

8. pez2k

pez2k

The garage layout in memory is the same for all regions, so you should be able to use hybridding codes as a start. The engine part in setup 1 is located at 0x00A2A608 in PAL, with the oil quality 0x468 bytes later. Find an engine-swapping code for your region, add 0x468 to the address, and that should be the oil quality location.

9. gtracer6000

gtracer6000

I'm sorry to ask this but does anyone have like a body swap code for gt4 I've been looking everywhere but I can't find any.

10. CTTeller

CTTeller

Hi all,
    I'm having trouble converting this code from NTSC to PAL.

200C0220 24020001
    200C0224 AFA20008
    200C0228 081121FF
    200C022C A3A00012
    204487F8 08030088

I'm pretty sure this is possible, but I just can't grasp it. This is the code to be able to buy any car in the showrooms.

11. AlbertaGamer

AlbertaGamer

Playing the US version of the game and my biggest thanks to the OP, I can finally do some 10-lap sprint racing events!!

I just completed the All-Japan Championship with 30-laps race along with only oil changing on a JGTC car. It was amazing!!

Once again, thank you so much OP!!