Gran Turismo 4 Hybrids?

• Thread starter fish_bate
  • 19 comments
Ok, I know MK (I used to talk to him regularly). My guess is that Yes, he will come out with a new GT4 hybridding program, but it will take some time to reach the same level of usability as V38 (I remember back to version 3.0 *shudders* - those were scary times...)

the hardest part is cracking all of the codes. if he can do that, its in the bag. but some will be wrong but its all natural. once he finaly gets it all up to speed it will be like 83. but it will require beta testing and all of the other stuff.

ok, I know MK as well, obviously. As far as GT4 goes, no one can tell you anything about it yet, but if it is designed similar to GT3 and the two GT Concept games, we will be able to Crack and edit it rather easily. Finding all the diferent part codes will take time, but the ones we have for the cars now, should carry over as they did for the Concept games. GT4 is supposed to be similar to the previous PS2 versions. There will be a short delay in finding a crack for the game, but hopefully the basecodes will align with GT3, just will have to find the Hex offset for them. It really shouldn't take long. I will get FNG and MK together to crack the game then me and Du and whoever will start gathering information for a GT4 veraion of MK's database program.

Note hybrids will not handle the same as gt3, as the game engine in gt4 is changed(unlike GTC), however the encoding I'm in the dark on that. Okay, I admit it would be stupid to change anything in such a great game.:banghead:

the hybrids will handle the same way, all the engine does is currently allow the people that were designing the cars make the cars more like they want it, yet keeping it within the dealer standards.

That is not what i meant you see they made the cars to where they wouldn't spin out so easy when decelerating into corners and made them feel slightly heavier according to gamespot i think. Note:this report i read was only on the working test at a gameshow early this year.

if your spinning out when decelerating then you need to learn to control your car. by the way, gamespot doesnt always have the correct info

That wouldn't matter Tuba, since we can manipulate the cars and change their weight. The hybrids will match up with the GT3 ones, since the design of the game is very similar to GT3. We will most likely be able to transfer crs from GT3 to GT4 without too much trouble, since it has been done easy enough with the two concept games.

We will most likely, not putting next years paycheck on that one, but for the fun of it an article on the game from ign. http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=266734 Since none of us here work at sony all we can do is guess however if anyone knows chaos does, but I'm going to ask if the game was completely revamped how long would the codes and the program take. Even though it may be very unlikely such a game would be completely redone.

I'm hoping we will still be able to make hybrids with MK's. Hybrids add another level of interest to the game and therefore extend its lifespan. From PD's POV, anything that will encourage people to keep playing has to be a good thing.

I agree with the point that they shouldn't be used for online racing though. Not unless someone starts a hybrid series.

What tuba was alking about is the all new pysics engine they've put in GT4, and KY has mentioned it in several interviews, it wil make the cars behave more realistically.

I am beginning to believe PD leaves cars in the game just so we can shark them out and makes the garages simple enough for people like mk to make editors. Hmm, I think this is all intentional. It may be likely that PD will be sure we can play around with it.

i watched a interview with the ppl who did gt4 and they did totally revamp the game engine the from the graphics to the handling every thing is differant thats what they said if any of you watch x-play then you might have caught that interview to and know what im talking about

Back