Gran Turismo 4 Media

• Thread starter ALPHA
  • 393 comments
Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
After watching a real life vid of Nurburgring, it is fairly narrow, but give abit of a illusion of being wider (hard to explain)

Yup. I watched the old M5 ringtaxi movie (found on http://vanadium.prg.dtu.dk/~pmc/andersj/ , click on the bottom image, 100 mb). Sometimes the track feels a lot wider but sometimes not.

It could be an issue that the camera shoots the screen from the side and give wrong proportions to the movie.

[edit] I got another idea, It's only the incar view that makes the track more narrow so it could have something to do with PD trying to give more sense of speed in that view. Change ratio a bit, and you'll get a different perception..

The retarded AI seems unimproved. See how they slam into the drivers side in turns? :mad:

Thx for this video! I like it a lot.

The Nordschleife is narrow. There is no more space than for 2 and a half normal cars side by side.

With Le Mans-Cars like the GT-One there will be room for 2 cars. This makes it difficult to overtake, but hey, if anyone complains he should better play Need for Speed or Burnout.

:D

Originally posted by GTJugend
The retarded AI seems unimproved. See how they slam into the drivers side in turns? :mad:
maybe, but you also should have a look where the human driver tries to overtake.
he´s by far not in front of his opponent, so the AI does the same as i would do: keep the racing-line.
can´t see what´s wrong with that.;)

thanks Skunkwerx, great video.
makes me want the game....NOW! :D:D

Originally posted by Flinx
maybe, but you also should have a look where the human driver tries to overtake.
he´s by far not in front of his opponent, so the AI does the same as i would do: keep the racing-line.
can´t see what´s wrong with that.;)

I don't fully agree with you. The last overtake is as you say, the drivers mistake.

But look at the first one whe he´s alongside with the green s2000 and it still won´t give a centimeter away from the racing line.. And the second one too, I´think a proper AI would give more room..

Originally posted by GTJugend
I don't fully agree with you. The last overtake is as you say, the drivers mistake.

But look at the first one whe he´s alongside with the green s2000 and it still won´t give a centimeter away from the racing line.. And the second one too, I´think a proper AI would give more room..
i didn´t expect you to agree on my opinion.

you might have a look at the vidoe once again.
the first overtake on the S 2000 is clearly out of track, so no need for the AI to give place.
and for the following two manouvres the AI car are clearly in front.
common sense tells me that the one in front owns the turn.;)

and you haven´t attended an i-link, that´s obvious.
you cannot imagine what some humans are doing, compared to them the AI, even at GT 3 standards, is great, believe me.:)

Originally posted by Flinx
the first overtake on the S 2000 is clearly out of track, so no need for the AI to give place.

Well, since there is no other replay with 2 cars on track I rest my case. It's impossible to know how the AI is programmed in those circumstances yet then I guess.

Who was driving on the Amalfi and Nurburgring video, Skunkwerx was that you, because if it was, do you use the D-Pad or something because your driving in the Vauxhall was very jerky. Im not trying to criticise you, im just curious.

I too thought that the overtaking was a little ambitious, in that they were clearly late lunges into the corners. The AI did not seem to hold the line as hard as before when bumped but difficult to tell without experiencing it.
However it did seem that the AI had not changed at all since Gt3 with the AI driver of the Nissan Z fully slamming hard in to the back of the Lancer at 4.03.

The game is looking Sleek and Sophisticated, but I just had wished the player palying the game on the Nurburgring Video had chosen a car we had not seen in action like the Alfa DTM, or the BMW M5 Concept, or evne the BMW V12 LMR!!

He sadly chose a typical Evo 8 and its seemed so "normal".
:mischievous:

I thought that too, I would've loved to see some of the LM new to GT LM cars racing. Glad that there was a vid though.

Originally posted by ZEE
The game is looking Sleek and Sophisticated, but I just had wished the player palying the game on the Nurburgring Video had chosen a car we had not seen in action like the Alfa DTM, or the BMW M5 Concept, or evne the BMW V12 LMR!!

He sadly chose a typical Evo 8 and its seemed so "normal".
:mischievous:

Forget the car, its the 'ring that matters.

First two time I watched that vid you could have asked me whatthe car was and I would not have been able to tell you. Spent the entire time checking the track out and spotting corners that I recognise.

The Ring is sick... It was (next to Zandvoort) my favorite track in GPL. I cannot wait to take out the M5 Concept or a DTM Car on The Ring and compare times with u guys...

That's been asked a few times, Skunkwerx dubbed the intro music into the BG I believe, something like "You Are To Me"? I'm not sure =/

Mustang: Fly over sometime and we'll have a BBQ :D

GTPlanet is really becoming THE place for information and screenshots etc for GT4. Its really impressive.
Well done ALPHA and Skunkwerx, and of course, Jordan for the site.

I have a feeling it's Ash, they have provided music for GT games before and have just released a new album. Could be wrong just sounds very much like them.

Back