Gran Turismo 4 Media

• Thread starter ALPHA
  • 393 comments
Originally posted by tavia4x4
I have a feeling it's Ash, they have provided music for GT games before and have just released a new album. Could be wrong just sounds very much like them.

I have thought about them too, but the singer doesn't sound either like Tim Wheeler or the chick in Ash..

More like the singer in Placebo, but the song is too much pop for Placebo.

Originally posted by shopping_carts_
i dunno if its just me but that doesnt work...

It's not just you. 'The publisher refueses to give you access' pops up for me. Well, that's ign for ya.

Well, ALPHA, somebody has leeched off GTPlanet. Our server was hit hard today...I can't imagine where the links to those videos were posted that gets that much traffic. We've got a powerful server with more than enough bandwidth, but the traffic from those videos literally ground us to a halt today, as I'm sure many of you have noticed. Therefore, the files hosted at GTP will be offline until I can figure out what to do about this. Sorry, guys, I've spent a lot of money on the backend of this site to make sure nothing like this would ever happen...I'm in shock right now.

Originally posted by Jordan
Well, ALPHA, somebody has leeched off GTPlanet. Our server was hit hard today...I can't imagine where the links to those videos were posted that gets that much traffic. We've got a powerful server with more than enough bandwidth, but the traffic from those videos literally ground us to a halt today, as I'm sure many of you have noticed. Therefore, the files hosted at GTP will be offline until I can figure out what to do about this. Sorry, guys, I've spent a lot of money on the backend of this site to make sure nothing like this would ever happen...I'm in shock right now.

Jordan,

Its an unfortunate circumstance.... but it affirms the popularity of your site and is evidence that your hard work was worth the effort.

Thank you again for providing this forum and allowing us to contribute to it and share "our" facination with Gran Turismo.

Wow... I've been here lurking 2 years and still a new member... lol.. (I know.... the number of posts.... )

:)

1000 GB in two weeks, for me it's unheard of. I've removed the links, and posted a message. I hope we pull through!

Well crikey...

I will inform you that I was directed here from a post in the IGN forum for the videos and I've downloaded a couple but couldn't get my connection to download the Skunkwerx 2nd video without failing at 5Meg...

Perhaps that these videos have created a lot of interest here...

Either way though... you could somehow make it so that only registered members could download certain large files such as these.

C.

Originally posted by yeti
Well crikey...

I will inform you that I was directed here from a post in the IGN forum for the videos and I've downloaded a couple but couldn't get my connection to download the Skunkwerx 2nd video without failing at 5Meg...

Perhaps that these videos have created a lot of interest here...

Either way though... you could somehow make it so that only registered members could download certain large files such as these.

C.
You read my mind. :) The new version of our site, to be released in the next few days, will require you to be a member to download our files. Hopefully that will take care of things!

Originally posted by rico13
I would love to see some classic American car videos . I havent seen any in any other site.

"e32k4montage_v02" included a very small snippet of a CHEVELLE taking the 1st turn of NY too fast....(BAM!) but this and the other small new "menu" vid got pulled (due to traffic reasons) before anyone could find them.

Most likely they will see the light of day once Jordan sorts out the leecher problem.

Originally posted by Skunkwerx
"e32k4montage_v02" included a very small snippet of a CHEVELLE taking the 1st turn of NY too fast....(BAM!) but this and the other small new "menu" vid got pulled (due to traffic reasons) before anyone could find them.

Most likely they will see the light of day once Jordan sorts out the leecher problem.

I'm not to sure what a leecher is, or how or what they do, but there is a link to us from The Best GT4 Web Site link in my signature. They listed several links to us starting with the one titled 2004, E3 and a few ater that one.

Jordan I saw the videos at supercars.net linked directly to GTP.

I think we can safely say there are links to the vid's all over the web by now.

You read my mind. :) The new version of our site, to be released in the next few days, will require you to be a member to download our files. Hopefully that will take care of things!
Still will that solve the problem? You are still downloading the file off a link. Using a browser apart from IE to download files shows the direct/complete path. So are you suggesting that we will login to a page the has the links or that we will need to login to the server with extremely limited access and somehow download the videos from there?

Another thing, as soon as the directory is found with the videos somebody could easily list the contents of the directory. Everything has its downside, damn.

Afew days for the next version of GTPlanet, I'm sure it will come as a pleasure to all of us 👍

I suspect that the site can be coded so that if you are viewing the page as a guest then the link will not be shown/written by the servlet but if you are logged in then the link will be shown... However someone could register, login, get the link... then publicise it...

You may have to develop some kindof session-id system or maybe a cookie check that checks that you are actually at the site or something similar.

C.

Just deny access to anyone but a registered user, you can do that with a .htaccess file, I'm sure Jordan knows that. Then it doesn't matter if they list the directory contents or what. Which you could also turn off. You can certainly secure the thing pretty comprehensively if you try.

^ The fourth video down "Replay footage from presentation" shows a 2 sec snippet of the pit crew in action on a GT40 ... looks incredible. Also love the driver now in action in a 350Z Roadster! This is going to be sick!

Back