Gran Turismo 4 Prologue Hidden Features

• Thread starter Castrol96
  • 203 comments
I see what you did wrong.

You managed to find the car body (address) to replace but the body you used to replace didn't work or maybe there was a mistake.
I think I just found the value for each cars own slot on the car select screen and changing that made the car disappear. It gave "no such car" as the car name. Entering a race with that "no such car" would not freeze the game, but it would just load the race for forever.

I think I just found the value for each cars own slot on the car select screen and changing that made the car disappear. It gave "no such car" as the car name. Entering a race with that "no such car" would not freeze the game, but it would just load the race for forever.

Did you change the car slot with a string value like xx0004?

Did you change the car slot with a string value like xx0004?
Yes similar to that, I searched string values and managed to find the cars name (first car is 240zg_71) and I tried to change it to some other car (like the odyssey) but the game wont accept another cars ID on that slot unless the ID is 240zg_71. I just tried to use hidden cars that way. I managed to find every cars ID and changed them and eventually there was no cars to choose from :D

Oh and also, I was looking for the silvias value and managed to find a "SILVIA JGTC" value, so somewhere in the game is probably a RAZO Silvia from GT3, also in GT4. (I think). The silvias value is actually something like aero_xx

Last edited:
A beta image of School Mode. Seems to be more advanced to the final. ;)

ME0000382600_2.jpg

Spotted interesting things in the outro movie:

Is it me or does New York have a much bluer sky than the final GT4?
Screenshot_20170930-141440.png
Screenshot_20170930-141455.png

Screenshot_20170930-141521.png

It's the Evo 7 Rally Car! On "tahiti_rec"!
Screenshot_20170930-141626.png

Pretty sure this next shot is on the GT Concept version of Autumn Ring...
Screenshot_20170930-141634.png

And I'm pretty sure these are dirt effects on Citti di Aria...
Screenshot_20170930-141739.png

I'm pretty sure they are taking pictures of this Morgan... And I don't remember any Morgans in GT4...
Screenshot_20170930-141846.png

And I'm pretty sure this Lotus 340R is headed towards photo shooting... another car not in GT4.
Screenshot_20170930-141857.png

Wow totally forgot about this thread I made years back!

I just found this cool vid of possible "Pikes Peak" Prologue Build??

So this road was visible on "test" track in GT Concept & GT4 Prologue. That's a big surprise! I always thought it was alpha version of Mazda Raceway

Thanks for redirecting me here @Castrol96 👍

Anyways, could anyone try ripping out the in-game music? I found out that the Coffee Break has a different version of "An Endless Journey" from GT3, which went unused in said game. I'm honestly not sure why PD chose to remix a select number of themes, they sound weirdly out of tune but whatever.

I don't know if that is known, but "capri" (Costa di Amalfi) is playable in the Korean version of GT4P and the track looks almost finished

Is my first discovery yeaa!

View attachment 1168466
For sure is OT, but I just wanted to share this

If I'm not mistaken both editions had same cars (Legacy, Impreza GDII and WRC), the only difference is that 1st edition made on GTC engine had special versions of Midfield and Swiss Alps, but second one programmed on GT4P had Fuji Speedway and Grand Canyon...

When it comes to 1st edition, it was visible in GT4P Ending Movie, 2nd edition was shown on YouTube, but video was blurry and I found it only once by mistake

I knew just the existence of two distinct versions, one with GTC engine, and the other with GT4P engine, but didn't knew exactly what Subaru models were available and the courses. Actually, I just saw images from GTC build, and that video seems more GTC than GT4P imo
However, thanks for the information!

I found this video. So basically... GT4 Subaru Driving Simulator gives us a chance to drive in Legacy, Impreza GD and Impreza WRC through Grand Canyon rally course (1 lap, 180 sec time limit). The whole concept looks like it was made in 2004, probably while BMW 1 Series or Toyota MTRC demo were available in Europe. Interestingly, after car choice, we have Grand Canyon track shown for a moment, before the race starts...

Latest Posts

Back