Gran Turismo 4 Prologue Hidden Features

• Thread starter Castrol96
  • 203 comments
I finally managed to access my account back. Too bad it was 2 years ago.

Anyway, I'll be working on researching this game again and upload more videos.

Las Vegas

I tried uploading the SSR5 video but it took 4 hours and then started again saying it will upload in 20,000 minuites.

Last edited:
I still think Las Vegas was going to be more than just a drag strip...

I think they just ran out of time to do a complete circuit considering the modelling involved. I think it would have been a drive along the whole strip then a return back down the opposite side of the road but they cut it down and made the drag strip.

I wish this would make a return to the series as a full track.

These are all the files of tracks found in the disc.

1. 20r60r
  2. L_20r60r1
  3. L_20r60r2
  4. L_20r60r3
  5. L_20r60r4
  6. L_assisi1
  7. L_assisi2
  8. L_assisi3
  9. L_fisco1
  10. L_fisco2
  11. L_fisco3
  12. L_fisco4
  13. L_fisco5
  14. L_fisco6
  15. L_fisco7
  16. L_grandcanyon1
  17. L_grandcanyon2
  18. L_grandcanyon3
  19. L_gymkhana1
  20. L_gymkhana2
  21. L_gymkhana3
  22. L_gymkhana4
  23. L_newyork1
  24. L_newyork2
  25. L_newyork3
  26. L_newyork4
  27. akasaka
  28. assisi
  29. capri
  30. deepforest
  31. fisco
  32. grandcanyon
  33. grandcanyon_north
  34. grandvalley
  35. gymkhana
  36. highspeedring
  37. hongkong
  38. laguna
  39. lasvegas
  40. midfield
  41. mini
  42. motegi
  43. newyork
  44. nurburgring
  45. nursnow
  46. paris_rally
  47. paris_tarmac
  48. r_seattle
  49. route5
  50. route5r
  51. seattle
  52. ss_louisburg
  53. ss_nansenji
  54. ss_sanmarco
  55. test
  56. test2
  57. trialmt
  58. tsukuba
  59. yosemite
Notice that not all tracks work, and all there is a black room with some lights, colliders and etc. The '20r60r' tracks seem to be a type of circle track referring to the name. Unfortunately, they don't work possibilities may be with other discs.

I have made video's for all tracks which work. I'll upload them soon.

I was unable to find the remains of the grandcanyon tarmac. This may be on other discs which I'll look into soon.

Thanks.

I have made a video of Deep Forest. I'm uploading gameplay of Paris ATM.

Any chance you guys could share some likes and subscription on my channel. I swear I'll make videos for all the hidden content found.

Deep Forest had some different skybox and trees landscape in GT4 Prologue.. Some billboards changed or were still not present.. The "Seconday" off-roads were removed in the GT4 full version.. Too bad, They were looking good!

LoL @ at the flying grass at the 1:39 :D

I assume akasaka is Tokyo R246, but do the L_ prefix names basically the license test versions of tracks?

I assume akasaka is Tokyo R246, but do the L_ prefix names basically the license test versions of tracks?

The 'L' prefixed names apply to all the Licence Levels.

Here's some shots.

10qf8rt.jpg

38vmv.jpg

There are 25 of these 'L' based tracks. I might make a video for them?

Chamonix had pretty different landscape..

I really like Grand Canyon North.. Too bad they didnt keep it in GT4..

I also saw the beta Mazda RX8 LM with different livery... They could keep it a second colour option.. But was not realistic because the original livery resemble the Mazda 787B..

Just a update on videos, I'm working on making videos on more powerful hardware, it's hard making videos as they Lagg soo much and various editing on multiplying the speed which ruins the sound. So, new videos will come out in a while.

Am I the only one who really really preferred the style of the game in Gran Turismo 3? I feel like Gran Turismo 4 style and everything just didn't quite fit the game.
Anyways, I was just going to ask that do any of these courses work on the PAL version? I tried a few and every time it crashed.

Am I the only one who really really preferred the style of the game in Gran Turismo 3? I feel like Gran Turismo 4 style and everything just didn't quite fit the game.
Anyways, I was just going to ask that do any of these courses work on the PAL version? I tried a few and every time it crashed.

The hidden courses in the PAL version mainly occur to be in blank spaces, although you can access some of the unplayable ones scene in the School mode and maybe those cars aswell.

2nncnW3.png

The hidden courses in the PAL version mainly occur to be in blank spaces, although you can access some of the unplayable ones scene in the School mode and maybe those cars aswell.

2nncnW3.png

Thanks.
How do you change the cars body, BTW? I tried to figure it out but I only managed to make the cars disappear from the arcade mode.

Thanks.
How do you change the cars body, BTW? I tried to figure it out but I only managed to make the cars disappear from the arcade mode.

Using hack tools like the Cheat Engine, I can't go into full details atm but previously through this thread I achieved this. There is a tutorial on how to do that.

Though, I'm still working on making the cars work fully. I'm certain you too used the cheat engine?

Using hack tools like the Cheat Engine, I can't go into full details atm but previously through this thread I achieved this. There is a tutorial on how to do that.

Though, I'm still working on making the cars work fully. I'm certain you too used the cheat engine?
Yes, I use CE.

Back