Gran Turismo 4 Prologue lesson guide (PAL version)

• Thread starter CooperS
  • 109 comments
Here are some general advices(by me)for wich version you should play too score the best times:

For all rally lessons use NTSC version to score better times.Pal version is a lot slower in some rally lessons.
For lessons: 9,14,18,30,41 and for coffee break5 use Pal version of game 👍
And try lesson 13 with NTSC version,other lesson don't matter.
I'll be glad if this helps somebody! :)

Forgot abaout something!
In coffee break 1,start in 2nd gear..that should getsome time! :)
And lesson 39,It was much easier for me too drive in NTSC version,and offcourse I scored a better time! 👍

phew I just scored a 2.26:3 at the rally track. It is strange, I am faster with the pad than with the DFP.

Great guide :)

Pontiac Le Mans
Thank you very much Cooper S: thanks to your thumnail on CB2, I finally got my last gold medal last week!

Congrats on getting all gold medals 👍
It's good to hear the guide did help !

Just a question, what view does everyone use to do the tests?
I have a strange way. On rallies i use the far chase. On road tracks it depends sometimes i use the far chase, but if im doing a complete lap it would be what im using to race which would be the close chase. Cita De Aria is weird too, i use the far chase for the 1st half the lap, change it to close chase, and then switch it again to far chase up the hill. On accelerating and brake tests i use far chase.
This is really weird, because i hate the far chase when im racing in arcade mode. Am i a weirdo? What camera are you all using?

CooperS
Congrats on getting all gold medals 👍
It's good to hear the guide did help !

Thanks, I have found a new objective now: trying to obtain 7000 points and trying to obtain 10 times gold in each test, in order to have statistics with only golden times.

You have to do something while waiting for GT4. And in Europe it won't be there before the end of February!

HR186S
Just a question, what view does everyone use to do the tests?
I have a strange way. On rallies i use the far chase. On road tracks it depends sometimes i use the far chase, but if im doing a complete lap it would be what im using to race which would be the close chase. Cita De Aria is weird too, i use the far chase for the 1st half the lap, change it to close chase, and then switch it again to far chase up the hill. On accelerating and brake tests i use far chase.
This is really weird, because i hate the far chase when im racing in arcade mode. Am i a weirdo? What camera are you all using?

Normally I use the driver-perspective, but on some of the coffee-breaks (especially the last) you have to see the exact dimensions of the car. So I had to use the third perspective. And it worked!

Yeah it is very possible to get a time below 16 seconds on the high speed cone slalom test in Prologue. My best time is a 15.792 using the Logitech Pro Driving Force Wheel.
When I used the bug thing around the last row of cones, i did a 15.483! But it wasnt that skillful.
for my 15.792 time i revved the engine to just under 3000rpm at the start and floored it, at the first sign of wheelspinning i eased off the throttle for quarter of a second and managed to shift into second gear just after the first row of cones. I didn't lift off the throttle until after I shifted into third gear, and I was going about 130km/h through the cones. I was indeed very shocked when i saw 15.792 on the screen so I quickly saved a replay of it so people would believe the time i achieved.
:) 👍

Hi Guys, I have just signed up to the site, so this is a hello. I'm from the UK and waiting for GT4.. I've completed GT3, Concept and Prologue with 100% and all Golds. I love the licence tests. My total on GT4P is currently 9169, and I'm trying to improve all the time to keep my eye in until GT4 arrives, I think 10,000 might be beyond me.

fyi I only use the DS2, and with all these tests (GT3, GTC and GT4P) I have got all golds using auto, then switched to manual to improve them. I gotta say I really do not like the New York track in GT4P, the biggest differences btw my bests and those posted on the net are at this track.

Great guide, and nothing really to add as I had most of it worked out, but thanks for the triangle tip for test 2, that got me a lot of new points ! I was wondering why I was (relatively) slow compared to some of the best times.

regards

Steven

Well I left it a bit late but I went on GT4P this morning, and I've managed to get all golds on the green, blue and red parts.

I'm finding a couple a bit tricky, especially the 3 lap races where you have to overtake the car 10 secs ahead.
I've done the Celica one (second attempt), I think the trick is with this one is to get as close as possible before the main straight, I overtook him just after the chicane near the end of the lap.
I'm having a bit of trouble with the 350z one, I seem to be able to pull up behind him as we go over the S/F line. But whenever I try the inside line on the 1st corner he drives into me which makes me fail. I'm starting to feel a good rythm going and I'm improving my cornering to close the gap earlier.
As for the S2000 Race car (race car my *** =P) one, I can catch him up at the start of the 2nd lap, but during the sequence of 90 degree bends I can't seem to gain on him.

I probably spent most time on the 5 laps dirt trial with the Lil' Suzuki, and also the overtaking on the outside.

Man, that M5 rocks :dopey:

Yeah the 5 lap test is a pain. All I can say is keep beating your ghost. I found with the 'race' tests that the corners is where you make your biggest gains.

From your sig are you a TVR man ? I drive a Tamora and I'm really pleased it is in GT4, even one of the license test !

Steven

Still keeping my hand in until GT4 arrives and now passed 9500 points. It is amazing how I can continue to beat my best times, just goes to show what you can do and I am no slouch. Yesterday I perfected 'sideways braking' on the start/stops and really dropped my best times. Then back to the cones and now just a fraction over 16s. Those 3 events go me over the 9500 mark.

Steven

exhorst
Has anyone got a time less than 16 seconds on the high speed cone slalom test using the NSX in GT4 Prologue?
I have a 0'15"644 :) (Cyberscore Record) it is also i think the British Record aswell
Replay on my memory card. it took me an hour to do this after i corrupted my file :yuck:

Well I still cant get gold. I can get silver and bronze but gold seems impossible. What are your methods to getting it. I tried some and still cant get the times. It would be excellent if someone can rehost that replay since I want to get gold and get the triathlon car. I keep loosing time. I would appreciate any response.

Back