Gran Turismo 4: Touge 300 and 400 class (with video walkthrough!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter vtec_guy
  • 203 comments
  • 8,804 views
@ vtec_guy : Wouldnt you like to do a ''interest check'' before the series if you now going to make one?
 
I was thinking of it but I wasnt reallt sure what to write. feel free to di it if you want coz I suck at that kinda thing lol.
 
I can do that if you want so, I hope many memebrs will join :)
 
yea thatd be great. Try posting in the drift forum too as id imagine that would attract a lot of interest.
 
vtec_guy
yea thatd be great. Try posting in the drift forum too as id imagine that would attract a lot of interest.
Good idea! I'll post one here and in the drifting forum! ;) I think it will get closed :(
 
Updated Rules:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules:
NO RACE CARS ALLOWED
Each driver is allowed to enter one car into each class (you can change car throughout the season)

Power:
200 Class: up to 200BHP
300 Class: up to 300BHP
Elite Class: up to 700BHP
Weight:
200 Class: 800kg minimum
300 Class: 900kg minimum
Elite Class: 1000kg minimum
Upgrades:
any (excluding NOS)
Tires:

Sports Tires only (S1, S2 and S3)
Settings:

No TCS or ASM, The rest is up to the driver
THE GEAR TRICK IS PERMITTED

Standard OLR Rules also apply:
- 2 Wheels Must Be On Track At All Times
- No wall touching!
- No Short Cutting!
- No hybrids
- No Cheating of any kind
-
Grey run off patches count as track

Time Submission:
Time Formula: Overall lap time - T1 time = Stage Time
Ghost saving is recommended but not compulsory
PM ME THE FOLLOWING SUBMISSION FORM WHEN SUBMITTING A TIME

Submission form:
Class: (200, 300, Elite)
Driver Name:
Stage Time: (This will be worked out by using a time formula which will be given at the beginning of each event)
Car:
Power:

Weight: (check class weight restrictions)
Tires: (S1, S2, S3)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything else?
 
That will be fine! I like the rules :)
 
Yep, rules look great 👍

Can we still submit times for this week's challenge (i.e. Deep Forest Reverse)?
 
yes, im ust taking suggestions for the new rules for the togue series. If you're interested then please check out the interest thread and post on there.
 
Is the track going to be changed to Citti di Aria? I think that'd be more like a touge. The next track after that can be Citti reverse.

Thank you for changing the rules to sports tires only. R5's seem unrealistic for a tuner car.
 
I'm working out stages in citta di aria and trial mountain. So the series will have 6 races (uphill and downhill for each stage).

hehe, ill be back on in about 30 mins, im hitting on 2 girls at once!!! (this doesnt happen to me)
 
@ KaffeinE 86 : Would you like to sign up for the series then?
 
So the current challenege was Deep Forest reverse? Dangit, I messed up again. :ouch:

I'll just start practicing on Citti Di Aria. Maybe I'll be able to get it right by the time the challenge starts.
 
I've tuned my skyline pretty well for the elite class and the Honda NSX-R as well ;)
Both equipped with sports soft.
 
It's funny that I've been spelling touge incorrectly too, even though I see it so often on BM/Hot Version DVDs. I suppose it's because togue seems a more intuitive, phonetic spelling than touge.

Anyway, I've submitted a time for the Elite class too, it wasn't a fantastic run but it was quite enjoyable :)
 
Ok, I'll give Deep Forest a try tomorrow with the new rules and beat ya all! :P j/k
Good night ;) (1:10am, and been up since 8:00am )
 
Crap. I meant Costa di Amalfi. It's more touge-ish than the other one. Maybe the whole lap should be timed. Just a suggestion. If you're going to have downhill/uphill stages, nevermind.
 
Like someone pointed out earlier... its Touge.

Def of Togue...

togue Audio pronunciation of "togue" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tg)
n.

- See lake trout.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=togue

And while I know trout are exciting and all...
 
I've corrected all the togue things to touge. Except for on the leaderboard which ill do later on today when i update it with the new times.
 
How to tell when someone's lying? I guess maybe if no one can even come close to getting the same time, with a similar or even more powerful setup.
 
Could the way the HP is measured be changed please? Could you change it to what it says on the settings menu? I have a stock M3GTR with oil change and it has 399HP, but on the pre-race screen it says it has like 376 and that bothers me because then some people have like 430HP and the pre-race says that they only have 400
 
Ive done some research and found out that the classes arent measured in bhp, it's measured in ps. And that the 200 class cars have to have an engine thats 2 litres or smaller, ill find sme more out.
 
What's the next stage going to be? Still doing Deep Forest Reverse?

edit: Pre-race screen isn't accurate. Go by what it says in the upper-right corner in Settings.
 
thats what i mean, sorry lol. ill be more specific in the final rules write up
 
Back