Gran Turismo 4: Touge 300 and 400 class (with video walkthrough!)

  • Thread starter Thread starter vtec_guy
  • 203 comments
  • 8,747 views
Thanks for deleting my times, I hate cheating ;) (I miss understood the rules, dumb me :dunce: )
Anyway , I was doing 54.xxx time but I forgot what the time was so my currently time is 55.455 for the 400 class. And for the 300 class, I'll figure out a better car. ;)
Later guys.
 
i presume there are no race cars allowed
 
Yes, no race cars allowed.
 
w00t! im leading! yay!
 
GT_Fan2005
w00t! im leading! yay!

As I said to vtec_guy in PM, you must have put in a near-perfect run to beat the GSX/R4 and Elise 👍
 
oh the PMS! I'll update in the next 5 mins.
 
I've run a few laps now, again. The NSX handles very well 👍 I'll be trying to improve my time with atleast a half second. I'll PM you vtec_guy later ;) Any deadline or something?
So my current time is 54,541 :)
 
Nope, no deadline. When it's evident that the best time in both classes can't be beaten then i'll start cycling through different stages with uphill ones too. Im working on a Trial Mountain stage at the moment. But for now im off to try and break the 60 second barrier in my AE86.
 
Cool 👍 I looking forward to the next race ;)
I'm off to do a couple of laps now. Lets see what I can do :)
 
I cant get a sub 1'03 in My eight-six!!!
Im in the low 1'03s now with a 1'03.208, so if I can beat that by a reasonably small margin then I could comfortably get a mid to high 1'02. My only hope is buying a stage 2 turbo which'll give me and extra 8BHP giving me a total of 252BHP. But I dunno if it's worth ruining my Naturally Aspirated eight-six just for 8 more BHP.
 
I'd go for those 8 more bhps' ;)
Anyway, I sent you a PM.
 
Yup, got it and the board is updated. I may just put the turbo on and see how my times differ and then remove it again if theres no real noticable performance difference. I upgraded all the parts and put -3/-3 Toe on it so its pretty stable in those crested corners, especially that skittyish corner going into the second tunnel.
 
I know it's not eligible, but I've been running about in my Mine's Skyline on this and it feels great. Maybe in the future you could introduce a Togue Max class, just like in BM. Cars like the MCR GT-R VQuick was talking about. If you were going to introduce this class, I reckon it'd probably be better if only street tyres were allowed as in the real BM Togues, limiting entrants to N grade tyres. What do you think?

edit: Keeping 630bhp in check on N3 tyres is a bit hairy (~9.4MB)
 
amp88
I know it's not eligible, but I've been running about in my Mine's Skyline on this and it feels great. Maybe in the future you could introduce a Togue Max class, just like in BM. Cars like the MCR GT-R VQuick was talking about. If you were going to introduce this class, I reckon it'd probably be better if only street tyres were allowed as in the real BM Togues, limiting entrants to N grade tyres. What do you think?
That would be great, but the power limit should be between 600-650BHP ;)
 
Cosmic
That would be great, but the power limit should be between 600-650BHP ;)

Yeah, but I reckon even if it was limitless, people would soon work out that deploying more than 650 or so brake through road tyres is a bit difficult (even in a 4wd, Mine's tuned Skyline, as the video above shows)
 
amp88
I know it's not eligible, but I've been running about in my Mine's Skyline on this and it feels great. Maybe in the future you could introduce a Togue Max class, just like in BM. Cars like the MCR GT-R VQuick was talking about. If you were going to introduce this class, I reckon it'd probably be better if only street tyres were allowed as in the real BM Togues, limiting entrants to N grade tyres. What do you think?

edit: Keeping 630bhp in check on N3 tyres is a bit hairy (~9.4MB)

Thats a was awesome vid, funny to watch. You got some good car control there. Could you possibly do a walkthrough ofthe togue to replace mine because my video quality sucks and yours is nice and clear.
 
I'm dowlaoding the video right now, I'll comment it soon.
:)

Edit : Nice control you got there, but cant we stick with the sport tires insted? :)
 
vtec_guy
Thats a was awesome vid, funny to watch. You got some good car control there. Could you possibly do a walkthrough ofthe togue to replace mine because my video quality sucks and yours is nice and clear.

Cheers. Yeah, no problem. I don't have a blue NSX though, so the white NSX-R will have to do :)

Should have the vid made and uploaded in about 15 mins, I'll edit this post and add the link so you can stick it in your first post.

edit: Video URL: http://www.amp88.plus.com/togue_example.avi (~8.81MB)

I can host it on my webspace for the moment. If it gets too busy you'll have to put it up on YouSendIt or another host. Sorry.
 
Great, thanks. The colour or model of the car doesnt really matter.
 
Cosmic
I'm dowlaoding the video right now, I'll comment it soon.
:)

Edit : Nice control you got there, but cant we stick with the sport tires insted? :)

Thanks :)

I dunno about the tyres, the only reason I suggested N grade tyres was because in the togue battles on BM it's always been street tyres they use.
 
amp88
Thanks :)

I dunno about the tyres, the only reason I suggested N grade tyres was because in the togue battles on B< it's always been street tyres they use.
Aha, okey. But that made the car little bit unsteable, especially with all aids off :scared:
 
I may consider using N tires actually because then itll stop the supercars from flying off ahead and give the other tuned cars a better chance of doing well? How many types of N tire are there?
 
3. Economy, Luxury and Road (?) if I'm not mistaken.
 
Cosmic
3. Economy, Luxury and Road (?) if I'm not mistaken.

Yep, that's right. N1 are Economy tyres, N2 are the Luxury ones and N3 are Road. I think in the game it says that N3 tyres are just a little bit below the grip level of hard sports tyres.
 
hmmmmm, I'll give these all a try on my nsx and eight-six and see what its like. It could be fun to make it a little more challenging.
 
vtec_guy
hmmmmm, I'll give these all a try on my nsx and eight-six and see what its like. It could be fun to make it a little more challenging.

I would like to use Sport Soft atleast. N3 feels unsteable. :dopey:
 
oops, i was gonna test it out but i got carried away listening to music.
 
So, you'll change the rules for the tires? Or does this only have to do with the Togue Max class (I hope so) ?
 
Im not sure.
If istarted a 4 race series (2 stages, uphill and downhill) would all you guys be interested? there would be one week for each stage.
 
I would like to be in every week if you would like to do that.

:)
 
Back