Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Remote Race FAQ

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 484 comments
Are you absolutely sure about driver level impacting results?
My level 0 driver has won more remote races than my level 38..
It seems to me that car and to a certain degree grid position is everything that matters.
Even in the high powered cars, low level drivers never spin out or make stupid mistakes like they do in regular B-spec races.
I suspect all drivers are the same in remote races, and level is ignored.
Is there any information or data that suggests otherwise?

Maybe you are right but I think the behavior of the driver is also impacting the results. If you have a Relaxed, Aggressive or Somewhere Between.. And the cornering, top speed and how your driver drives the line of the course.. I know that will change when the driver lvls but if they ignore the lvl they can ignore that and the drivers are all like they were lvl 0 and only differents is in the character of the driver?? Possible Idea?

Well i have one annoying issue.. I cant see all my friends on the browser.. so i can only bspec certain friends starting the race directly from my ps3. This is quite bit frustrating, since im unable to grind for some guys who have allready done this for me. Is this a known issue and is there a workaround? I thought it would correct by itself in time but some guys who ive added couple days ago still havent showed up in the website.

Well, im pretty sure we both have.. but thanks for the suggestions :)

log out of GT5 remote web sites
navigate away from the site
Delete browser cache. (look up instructions per browser on google.)
Navigate back to site
log back in again.

5464873532_26642ed00d.jpg
My driver is also called Y.Ono :P

What is the minium level of the pilot to start a remote race?

There is any post that explain the stats of a B spec driver?

Thanks for the help im new as a B-Spec

What is the minium level of the pilot to start a remote race?

There is any post that explain the stats of a B spec driver?

Thanks for the help im new as a B-Spec
1) 0
2) Go into your driver list under Items in game or go to the gran-turismo.com website

I think this is my first post here. Many thanks to NLxAROSA for the excellent FAQ and to several others, especially GraphiteGB and doctorrg for additional information. I'm getting back into GT5 again after a long hiatus and trying to make the most out of Remote Racing to level up my B-Spec drivers and earn extra money.

What is the remote race give more $$ and exp in the -time ??

Cape ring.

💡 I was very interested in the quoted exchange above, so using GraphiteGB's prize money table (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5887280#post5887280) and one race of each for actual race times I came up with the CPM (Credits Per Minute) ranking from highest to lowest:

1) Indy (1,826 Cr./min)

2) Nurburgring (1,669)
Suzuka (1,660)
Fuji (1,652)(2nd-best winning cash)

5) Cape Ring (1,631) (3rd-best winning cash)

6) Deep Forest (1,595)
Monza (1,590) (best winning cash)

8) Madrid (1,520)

9) Autumn Ring (1,383)
10) Tsukuba (1,319)
11) Daytona (1,270)

I intentionally used line breaks and removed certain ranking numbers to group races by how close their CPM's are. I used only one race time for each track in my "research" so I may be off an average race time by 15 seconds. For example I used 15:08 for Indy and 22:10 for Daytona.

Suggestions to maximize Remote farming would be:
-If you have easy and frequent access to Remote Races on your computer or mobile phone, Indy is your best bet. It lasts only 15 minutes so it is a good way to farm Experience as well.
-If you are the forgetful type (like me) and usually don't remember to launch another race until an hour later, go for Fuji. Its (21 mins) maximum winning is only 320 Cr. less than Monza (22 mins) and its CPM is very close to being second-best, give or take a few seconds.
*If you want to minimize getting a bad random car, race at Daytona. HOWEVER, Daytona has the worst CPM. Risk vs. reward.

Is the prize money more when you race with more people?

Answered there: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=265278

Last edited:
Q: I have the Remote Race web page open in my browser, but I can't select anything, my PSN ID is not listed and neither are my friends, what's up?
A: Go back to your profile page in the 'GT5 My Home' section of gran-turismo.com and make sure you are signed into PSN there. Then hit the 'Remote Race' button again. This means you can't bookmark the 'Remote Race' page.

I added a new friend and both he and his drivers didn't show up in the Remote Racing browser page. Logging out and signing in again through the GT5 site solved the issue.

My widget ALWAYS chooses Cape Ring as an event. Does anybody know a way to fix this? I have picked up long events, any events etc in the preferences menu but it still picks up Cape Ring. Any ideas?

Last edited:
BFBullpup
I think this is my first post here. Many thanks to NLxAROSA for the excellent FAQ and to several others, especially GraphiteGB and doctorrg for additional information. I'm getting back into GT5 again after a long hiatus and trying to make the most out of Remote Racing to level up my B-Spec drivers and earn extra money.

💡 I was very interested in the quoted exchange above, so using GraphiteGB's prize money table (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5887280#post5887280) and one race of each for actual race times I came up with the CPM (Credits Per Minute) ranking from highest to lowest:

1) Indy (1,826 Cr./min)

2) Nurburgring (1,669)
Suzuka (1,660)
Fuji (1,652)(2nd-best winning cash)

5) Cape Ring (1,631) (3rd-best winning cash)

6) Deep Forest (1,595)
Monza (1,590) (best winning cash)

8) Madrid (1,520)

9) Autumn Ring (1,383)
10) Tsukuba (1,319)
11) Daytona (1,270)

I intentionally used line breaks and removed certain ranking numbers to group races by how close their CPM's are. I used only one race time for each track in my "research" so I may be off an average race time by 15 seconds. For example I used 15:08 for Indy and 22:10 for Daytona.

Suggestions to maximize Remote farming would be:
-If you have easy and frequent access to Remote Races on your computer or mobile phone, Indy is your best bet. It lasts only 15 minutes so it is a good way to farm Experience as well.
-If you are the forgetful type (like me) and usually don't remember to launch another race until an hour later, go for Fuji. Its (21 mins) maximum winning is only 320 Cr. less than Monza (22 mins) and its CPM is very close to being second-best, give or take a few seconds.
*If you want to minimize getting a bad random car, race at Daytona. HOWEVER, Daytona has the worst CPM. Risk vs. reward.

Answered there: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=265278

Thanks for the info I will try it out soon.

Thanks for the info I will try it out soon.

I am glad to contribute! Funny thing is I took at look at my post again and I realized that I chose Monza instead of Fuji many times even though Fuji is the better pick for profit than Monza. Oops! :boggled:

is there a way to turn on tire wear and fuel consumption in a remote race? thanks for the faq, and your profile pic scares me lol

Back