Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Remote Race FAQ

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 484 comments
Nope they don't allow you to tie up 15 other peoples AI for 9 hours as those others might want to do B-spec ofline.
you can only run 20 min races.
You can set up a race directly on a PS3

Remote racing is not there for people to scam credits its there for those who want to watch stats of a race during there 30 min lunch time while they eat....in the Japanese factory with 30 other factory workers doing the same.
Originally it had....
Cup of coffee/tea/sig break - race of 5 mins
Early morning/late break - race of 10mins,
They were removed and replaced with more 20mins races.

Or it for users that want to share the B-spec credits while their sat infront the PS3.
Helping family and friends with B-spec rewards gives people honor and increases friendships and community.

Only 30mins? Is this grinding method faster then offline grinding? I got my Bspec lvl from 5-35 in a week and I didn't even race nonstop. I'm sure 35-40 will be a pain and Bspec Grinder will help IF I want to get to 40 but is it faster though?

Remote racing can be faster for moving your over all B-spec level up than you doing the offline races.

BUT the catch is you have to have active friends and drivers that can score the points. If your drivers are down the bottom a lot then you won't be faster than offline.
you will leave 2 drivers online while you take the other 4 into the ring 4hr race endurance.

( And yes only a 30 mins lunch, you finish work shift earlier. )

Why do my people always lose they are always the last positions

If you need bob's to use i have 6
Sgt_Snipes_
Some one has to be last.

B-spec driver level is still the most important factor.
  • Driver stats Of that B-spec level driver still alter race out come.
Then the Random Car selection.
  • Super car spawn - will out do B-spec driver level skills difference upto a point
  • Lemon car spawn will result in even a high B-spec driver finishing badly.
Then grid postition.

Would it be possible to add a link to some info about the codes needed to make the widget use only one track? Like Cape Ring, I have tried fruitlessly searching all day and all the results are to dead links and urls with "..." in the middle of them or to the social group which I am not a member of.

A remote race adds up in the career? I ask because I want the trophy to retire a driver and I have him on sharing with my friends

A remote race adds up in the career? I ask because I want the trophy to retire a driver and I have him on sharing with my friends

No, remote racing does not advance the career bar. Unless they've changed something with Spec 2.0 and nobody has noticed yet?

I can't get this to work. If I try to sign up to gran-turismo.com, all I get is a server maintenance error (been trying for two weeks). If I try to sign in using the email address I singed up to PSN and my PSN password, I get a password/user name incorrect error.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I can't get this to work. If I try to sign up to gran-turismo.com, all I get is a server maintenance error (been trying for two weeks). If I try to sign in using the email address I singed up to PSN and my PSN password, I get a password/user name incorrect error.

Any ideas? Thanks.

You don't need to 'signup' since you already have a PSN account, and can sign in with that.

That being said, are you certain the password you are entering for your PSN account, is correct?

Otherwise, try clearing browser cache/cookies etc otherwise and/or try a reset of your PSN account password through the PSN Account Management features on the XMB.

Once you do that, try logging in again on the site.

Some one has to be last.

B-spec driver level is still the most important factor.
  • Driver stats Of that B-spec level driver still alter race out come.
Then the Random Car selection.
  • Super car spawn - will out do B-spec driver level skills difference upto a point
  • Lemon car spawn will result in even a high B-spec driver finishing badly.
Then grid postition.

Are you absolutely sure about driver level impacting results?
My level 0 driver has won more remote races than my level 38..
It seems to me that car and to a certain degree grid position is everything that matters.
Even in the high powered cars, low level drivers never spin out or make stupid mistakes like they do in regular B-spec races.
I suspect all drivers are the same in remote races, and level is ignored.
Is there any information or data that suggests otherwise?

I've not seen any Level 0 drivers, in the races I've setup, complete anywhere beyond 12th-16th.

And that was only on Indy or Daytona...

But, I'm trying not to place too many Low level drivers within the same races as the mid-high class drivers, because there's no point for them if they're only going to finish that low.

Ok, I guess it could also be an issue of the credits not having been collected. My level 0 driver is probably around level 25-30 if I cashed in.
Still, my level 38 never really outperforms lower level drivers, unless he is in a superior car.
And I pick drivers of all levels, so I would have expected to see differences in performance.

When I run the Ferrari race, the Enzos always ends up with a 1-2 finish, no matter who is driving them, then the 458s and so on.

A

Hi. I have searched high and low but still no answer. So I'm hoping you guys can help me out on this? (also hoping this is the right thread for such a question??)

Say a friend borrows one of my not-at-the-moment-occupied bobs and takes him for a spin so to speak.
He wins the race or whatever and takes home some prices.
(and here comes the question), who will get the prices? Me as the bob chief, the friend who drove the bob or do we share the winnings? Car, money and xp?

Hope someone can clarify this little issue.

Regards LaxxEDK

You bob wins the prizes and then when you collect them the money is put into your stash and the xp go's to the B-Spec bar and the bob.
Hope that made sense and welcome to :gtplanet:

It kinda did.
So the dude that drives the actual race (he who borrows my bob) wins nothing? And I, who owns the bob, take home all the glory? (just making sure)

thanks, liking it already :D

Back