Gran Turismo 5 B-Spec Remote Race FAQ

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 484 comments
I posted a message about this but thought it might be more useful adding to the existing information to this thread instead - the chart below shows the results of a single 20 lap trial mountain race I did as a test:

chartv.jpg

I posted a message about this but thought it might be more useful adding to the existing information to this thread instead - the chart below shows the results of a single 20 lap trial mountain race I did as a test:

chartv.jpg

So it appears the position Bob finishes in the race down't have anything to do with the money and XP earned afterwards...

Is there a cap of how much a driver can earn? I read something about 800 000 and it's still growing, has anybody to a million or more?

I'm really struggling to start a race, because I need to select one of my own drivers but they are always being used by someone else!

Is there any way around this? Or is this just a good problem to have, and should I just be happy that my drivers are racing all of the time? :D

That's pretty much it. Milk...

What you should probably do is next time you have a driver idle, unshare him and run some B-spec career mode... Getting your own B-spec rating up will unlock more driver slots for you.

Also I've found it pays to leave one driver unshared just so you don't have to wait in line for your own man.

NLxAROSA - Thanks for the FAQ, very useful - even in such early days of Remote Racing!
You're quite welcome! 👍

Is there a cap of how much a driver can earn? I read something about 800 000 and it's still growing, has anybody to a million or more?
So far, I haven't heard of anybody reaching a cap. I'm fairly sure there is one, and we will reach it 'soon'. ;)

Also I've found it pays to leave one driver unshared just so you don't have to wait in line for your own man.
That's cool for offline B-Spec, but if you want to use him online again, you must share him again. So if you have a lot of friends, you better be quick on the buttons. ;)

I had this happen to me a couple of times on the EU site. The US site appears to be more stable (or at least less busy ;)). Stupid question, but you did click on 'ok' after selecting drivers?

Yes, they can only be used online. Mind you, by putting your drivers online, they will probably level up pretty quickly, thus opening up B-Spec career for you. 👍

i didn't know it is supposed to say "ok". But that does not even show up anywhere anyways. Weird. what kind of issues did you have?

Site being generally unstable at rush hour: friends list not showing and/or drivers from a selected friend not showing. Or the thing not loading at all and getting the 'maintenance' page. Usually, waiting for a few minutes cures the problem. 👍

where do i find the ok button for selecting drivers from the gt.com website? I am just seeing the drivers selection and the checkmark when i select him but no "ok" to click

Great FAQ, hopefully it'll save having a lot of redundant new threads.

I wonder if it's worth adding the following info:

* When you share a Bob online, it's prizes are stored online (it's the only way for them to race while your PS3 is off). That's why you must choose to receive your prizes and why you must save for yourself afterwards.

* Maybe add a suggestion that a host doesn't add every Bob from a single friend? Leave one free in case that person wants to host.

The limit is probably 20million so I doubt anyone is going to reach it IMO
One lucky bob has got 2.2mill I have heard

Last edited:
* Maybe add a suggestion that a host doesn't add every Bob from a single friend? Leave one free in case that person wants to host.[/QUOTE]

Agree

Lost 850K credits to the bug. Lovely. Any coder with half a brain and an hour of sleep would be able to see the issue with the way the online and local rewards are kept separate. I love you PD, but some times you break my heart.

where do i find the ok button for selecting drivers from the gt.com website? I am just seeing the drivers selection and the checkmark when i select him but no "ok" to click
It's at the bottom of that very list, I'll post a screenshot later.

* When you share a Bob online, it's prizes are stored online (it's the only way for them to race while your PS3 is off). That's why you must choose to receive your prizes and why you must save for yourself afterwards.

* Maybe add a suggestion that a host doesn't add every Bob from a single friend? Leave one free in case that person wants to host.
I'll add those when I get back from work. 👍

Hey guys it's been a very long time since I posted, but just to let you know I'm doing some testing on XP/Credit prizes for remote racing, it appears to be based quite a bit on the PP/capability of the car used eg Aston Martin V8 should give more XP/credit reward than Mclaren MP4-12C. If anyone else can find a trend keep us posted! After a long time away after GT4 I am back on GT5. Hosting remote races nearly all day every day, so add me PSN ID wazza89

hey guys, i just wanne make sure i'm not overlooking sth.

when i go see the results of the races it only shows the races i hosted. right now if i wanne know who hosted races for me it seems that the only way to find out is to collect the rewards of my drivers, because there you get a listing of the races raced by that particular driver. is there any easier and quicker way to find out who hosted for me so i can return the favor?

You can check the activity log on your community tab to see who has been running your drivers.

Hey guys it's been a very long time since I posted, but just to let you know I'm doing some testing on XP/Credit prizes for remote racing, it appears to be based quite a bit on the PP/capability of the car used eg Aston Martin V8 should give more XP/credit reward than Mclaren MP4-12C. If anyone else can find a trend keep us posted! After a long time away after GT4 I am back on GT5. Hosting remote races nearly all day every day, so add me PSN ID wazza89

The type of car used could certainly affect the payout. But taking that out of the equation, I think a balanced race to test for XP/credit payout would be the Daytona/Nascar race, since all the cars should have identical performance.

The type of car used could certainly affect the payout. But taking that out of the equation, I think a balanced race to test for XP/credit payout would be the Daytona/Nascar race, since all the cars should have identical performance.

Brilliant idea. Thread updated

It's definitely more than one million :D

dq0n60.png

The sensible idea would be to make the credit limit 20 million, and anything u already got would be unable to collect until you spend something. If so, we may have a credit limit of 40 mil (20mil GT Life and 20mil saved from remote racing). I can't think of any other way they would go about it. If they set the limit so that it is 20 mil - watever u got in GTLife, then you win A Spec race etc, it would be more than 20 mil.
I dunno wat happends in GTLife when you get to 20million credits. Do you lose any extra you win? Havn't been able to find out.

The sensible idea would be to make the credit limit 20 million, and anything u already got would be unable to collect until you spend something. If so, we may have a credit limit of 40 mil (20mil GT Life and 20mil saved from remote racing). I can't think of any other way they would go about it. If they set the limit so that it is 20 mil - watever u got in GTLife, then you win A Spec race etc, it would be more than 20 mil.
I dunno wat happends in GTLife when you get to 20million credits. Do you lose any extra you win? Havn't been able to find out.

This is just what one of my drivers has accrued so what ever the limit is multiply it by 6 and add it to the 20 million you can earn in the rest of the game to work out the total credits you can have banked.

Once you get to 20 million outside of remote racing the credits you earn for races just disappear.

Hmm... imagine if each bob had a max (unredeemed) earning limit of 20 million, you could technically have 140 million at your disposal if your current credit count was 20million, and all 6 bobs also had 20 million. You would have enough to buy every 20 million credit car with money to spare.

edit: someone beat me to it

Last edited:
Trying remote race, after selecting a race and adding drivers there is no OK button shown to start race.

I'm using IE8 and I have set gran-turismo.com as a trusted site.

Back