Gran Turismo 5 Commercial: Help Me Out!

Does a Gran Turismo 5 unofficial commercial sound like a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 124 86.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 13.9%

• Total voters
When I get the video up on YouTube it will be a private video. I have created an account for GTP members to log into to view the video.

Original Post:
I was having a conversation with Motominded via PM and he gave me permission to use an altered version of his idea. I wanted to create an Unofficial GTPlanet Exclusive GT5 Commercial. I was planning on asking the GTPlanet members to give me racing videos that I can turn into an unofficial commercial.

After receiving enough videos, I plan on using Windows Movie Maker to edit the many videos into a 3-4 minute commercial. When it's finished I wanted to host it here at GTPlanet.net

But first I'm asking if GTPlanet allows this to happen. Am I allowed to ask members for racing videos?

I have received approval from Jordan to create a commercial for GT5 and air it exclusively here at GTPlanet. But I'm going to need help. I need racing videos. That's where you guys come in. I'm asking for all GT5 videos. I WANT VIDEOS OF ALL DRIVING!!! Drift racing, Grip racing, and lone gripping/drifting!!!

I am excepting any ideas as long as it can be done by an average person with the most basic technology for media editing. Just post them into this thread.

First I have to say, don't embed a youtube video. That is no use to me. I need the actual video file. It can be emailed to me through this email address:

KevinTaylor1214@gmail.com

...or you can upload the file to any file hosting website (like http://www.mediafire.com/) and email the link to me.

I only want high quality video. Nothing recorded with a video camera. Only replays captured directly from the game (capture card for example). I'll be including the names of all the contributers in the credits at the end.

HOW TO SEND: Just copy the file into an email, Type your GTPlanet.net user name in the Subject section, and send.

CURRENT PROJECT STATUS:Waiting for videos to be submitted./In development!

Song: 'The Pretender' by Foo Fighters

Contributers:
1. Suzuki
2. Z
3. HackiRoku

Thanks GTP.
Thanks Jordan

EDIT: I'll also except videos from Gran Turismo HD. No videos from GT1-4 whatsoever!!!!

This is actually something that I must approve, and I certainly don't see any problems with it. :)

Well its pretty apporved right there.

SO what are you going to do with this commercial? Is it just going to be for us or are you going to try and send it to PD or something?

It's just for GTP. If it looks professional enough I might consider sending it to PD.

Now that I got approval I will be moving it back to GT5 forums.

I still have some videos of GT5P online @Suzuka and maybe London. (capture card)

I'll send them shortly if you're interested?

"High quality" = HD resolution?

Because my capture card sucks big time, it's still SD resolution, but i'd like to help.

What codec is needed to play the GT5P replays on WMP or "Classic Media Player" or VLC?

Do you mean the tiny replay files that the game saves?

If so, you can't play them on the PC, you need a capture card or something like that to watch them and record them on the PC.

If I had a way to capture stuff I would love to, I will see if I can dub some onto my HDD recorder and then get it onto dvd then onto pc but it will be SD stuff.

I could provide a small clip of me drifting if you are intrested? Just need to make the file smaller, a lot smaller.

Guess I'll be hooking my PC's capture card to the PS3. :sly:

A minor project because I'm in the middle of swapping motherboards and a few other components.

On another note...yesterday while racing online I trailed 4, F430's at Suzuka who intentionally stayed behind to drift - and I thought it look cool enough for the commercial project. I usually don't drift, but it was fun to watch.

No matter what the end result is I'm sure it's going to be great. There's a lot of talent on this board.

I think the commercial is a great idea.

Drifting, Gripping, even jumping off one of the hills in Nurburgring would be great. I want anything you can get.

EDIT: Some Nurburgring shots could make some excellent slow-mo shots.

Can't do nurburgring as it isn't in HD or prologue :P
But let me clip a short piece off this long video I recorded and I will send it to you, hopefully it won't be too big for gmail.

Also, any preference on resolution?

Alright, I can only record at 320x240, if I try 640x480 it starts dropping frames. But it still looks darn good for video quality. I can upsize to 640x480 if you want? if not ill keep it at 320x240 and send it to you in an avi format. That sound good?

Alright, I can only record at 320x240, if I try 640x480 it starts dropping frames. But it still looks darn good for video quality. I can upsize to 640x480 if you want? if not ill keep it at 320x240 and send it to you in an avi format. That sound good?

Sounds great! :sly:👍 I'm still waiting on my computer to be fixed (you can still send it) so I'll save the email into my Gmail box.

It sounds like a cpu usage issue if you ask me, what codec do you use to capture?

Try to capture your videos with a lossless-less-cpu-hungry codec like lagarith or huffyuv then reencode the results with your favorite codec.

I tried lagarith, didnt help. I think it needs more ram as I only have 256 at the moment. Need to upgrade soon.

I tried lagarith, didnt help. I think it needs more ram as I only have 256 at the moment. Need to upgrade soon.

Weird. Lagarith and Huffyuv requirements for real time capture are minimal,
256MB of ram and a 1.2ghz~ processor should do the job quite fine, the hard drive is highly stressed though, maybe your drive is fragmented, meaning it can't write fast enough. Dunno :indiff:

You can also try with mpeg2 if your capture hard has built-in mpeg2 encoder.

for anyone trying to email a file using gmail, your file cannot exceed 20mb or it wont send it. Just a *FYI* for your information. I will have to cut my file up.

If I had a HD capture card, I would record anything you want, but since this isn't the case, I can't do much. I'm actually surprised not many people are participating in this commercial. It's a really good idea and would be very cool to do and watch.

Back